Do your kids LOVE all things Disney? Then they will adore Disney on Ice Frozen 2017. It’s an icy extravaganza of catchy tunes, spectacular skating choreography, hilarious moments, sweet romance, friendship, and love. My boys were particularly enthralled with the double-trouble Trolls, but were a little bit nervous about the five fur-covered wolves, even though they were miles away. We LOVE a Disney experience of any kind, and this Disney on Ice Frozen Show did not disappoint. In fact, we’d love to see it again!
Disney on Ice Frozen – Hosted by Mickey and friends!
Disney on Ice Frozen 2017 is hosted by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and their ‘best mates’ in dynamic duos: Woody and Buzz, Timon and Pumbaa, Ariel and Prince Eric, Snow White and her prince, Cinderella and Prince Charming, and Nemo and Dory. Mickey, Minnie, and the whole bunch of Disney stars make an appearance both at the beginning and the end of the show – a definite highlight for this Disney loving family!
But the centrepiece of the show is a shortened rendition of the Oscar-winning film, Frozen, with all the main characters on stage – Elsa, Arna, the jokey snowman Olaf, Hans, Kristoff and Sven, and the Trolls . There’s all the hit songs – “Do you want to build a Snowman?”, “For the first time in forever”, “Love is an open door”, “In summer” and our favourite, “Let it Go”. This journey to find true love is a heartwarming celebration of love and friendship, in all forms.
Frozen fanatics won’t be disappointed. It’s not often you see Elsa and Arna and all their friends spinning on ice, and flying through the air.
Here’s some fun facts about the Frozen on Ice show just for you!
- There’s a total of 18 male and 21 female performers chopping and changing characters throughout the show. Some performers have up to FIVE costume changes! That’s a busy show.
- The most enchanting thing in the whole show is Elsa’s ravishing Ice Queen dress. The dress and cape are both made from hand painted silk chiffon by Parsons-Meares, a world class costume shop in NYC
- Elsa even has her own unique Snowflake pattern on her Ice Queen Dress!
- It takes the crew about 20 hours to set up the ice skating rink and set, and another 7 hours to break it down ready for travel to the next city
- And that snow? It takes 20 snow machines to create the flurry of magical icicles that swirl around the town of “Arendelle”
Disney on Ice Frozen 2017 – Dates for Melbourne and Sydney
Disney on Ice Frozen 2017 has already visited Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane. But elsewhere in Australia, there are shows starting in Melbourne Victoria at the Hisense Arena from Wednesday 5th July until Sunday 9th July. The following week, the Disney Frozen on Ice Show will be in Sydney at the Qudos Bank Arena from Wednesday 12th July right through to Monday 17th July.
Disney on Ice Tickets – The Inside Scoop
- Doors open 1 hour prior to show start time
- Total running time is 1 hour and 40 minutes with a 15 minute interval (Act 1 – 47 mins; Act 2 – 38 mins)
- Frozen on Ice Tickets for evening shows start from $32 for B reserve seats, and up to $88 for A reserve tickets.
- Matinee prices start from $32 for B reserve, $49.50 for A reserve, and $60.50 for VIP.
- Children 23 months and under are free on the knee!
- Concessions (for select shows only): children 2-12, students, pensioners, senior citizens unemployed. ID will be required upon request.