J World Tokyo- Featuring DragonBall Z, One Piece and Naruto Anime Cartoon Characters!
Up one level from Namco Namja Town in the Sunshine City Tokyo Japan Shopping Mall complex is the super-fun J World Tokyo amusement park. If you’re making the trek to Ikebukuro, then pop this place on your Kid-Fun Bucket List. The J in J World is taken from Shonen Jump, and the attractions here are based on the most famous and popular Shonen Jump manga characters. While it is set up for Japanese visitors, staff will help you with written and verbal (where possible) instructions in your language before you embark on each attraction. Bodily gestures are helpful too!
If your kids LOVE Dragonball Z, One Piece and Naruto characters, then it’s a must-do. For all other families, it’s still lots of fun. Allow 1-2 hours tops for non-fans and half a day at least for super fans.
Here’s what you can do at J World Tokyo!
- Ride the ‘Scream out loud’ Straw Hat Horror cruise. What will you see in the pitch-black ocean? Who knows but prepared to be scared by the Straw Hat crew! (Available until November 6th 2016)
- Try a Dragonball Z virtual reality experience game (shooting) helping to release Kamehameha .
- Ride the Dragonball Z segway attraction (once around a circuit track)
- Navigate through traps as you walk through this Naruto-inspired game, with your instructions (in english) given through a transceiver.
- Ride the Soldier Dock adventure
- Ride the carousel
- Play for prizes in the J-Carnival Games world
- Eat food and desserts with a Jump theme. There’s J-World Kitchen Food Court, a J-Patisserie with all kinds of sweet cakes and treats, and Cafe Madamoiselle to choose from.
- Shop for your favourite J World -themed gifts and souvenirs including tshirts, character figures, and plush dolls
The Inside Scoop
Opening Hours & Entry Fees
- 10am to 10pm. Last entry 9pm.
- They do provide an english brochure to follow for some attractions. At the Naruto exhibit – those who don’t speak Japanese are given headsets with simultaneous translation in several other languages.
- Admission Ticket only includes entrance fee. Extra cost will be added when you play each attraction. Cost is 800 yen adults and 600 yen for kids (4 -12 years)
- Unlimited Attractions Pass include entrance fee and unlimited one-day rides for attractions. Cost is 2600 yen for adults and 2400 yen for kids.(4 -12 years) Slightly discounted tickets available here for pre-purchase.
- Admission to the park is free for children under the age of 3. Food and souvenirs are not included in either ticket.
- Hot tip: Buy attractions passes for the kids only, and entrance only for the adults. Show your passport at the entrance and you may receive a small discount. OR go after 5pm. All-inclusive Night passes are 1800 yen for adults, and 1600 yen for kids.
Guest relations & Facilities
- Phone: 03 5950 2181
- J World Tokyo Website
Travel options to J World Tokyo Sunshine City Mall
- 3 minutes on foot from Higashi-Ikebukuro Station (Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line)
- 8 minutes on foot from Ikebukuro Station (JR, Tokyo Metro, Seibu Line, Tobu Line)
- 4 minutes on foot from Higashi-Ikebukuro 4-Chome Station (Toden Arakawa Line)
From Ikebukuro Station
- Go to exit 35 of Ikebukuro Station. Walk down Sunshine 60 Dori, and the underground entrance (escalator) to Sunshine City will be visible on the right-hand side next to Tokyu Hands.
From Higashi-Ikebukuro Station
- Walk toward exit 6.7, and a sign should direct you to the “Underground Passage” to Sunshine City.
- Direct connection from “HIGASHI IKEBUKURO exit” of Metropolitan Expressway No.5. Please use Sunshine city parking (300yen per 30min)
Location and Map
- Address: 3-1-3 Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo Sunshine City World Import Mart Building – 3rd Floor
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
We love to share the SUPER FUN kid-friendly stuff we find around the world, so you can go there too!