Kids Paris – Paris Playgrounds are Fun!
Paris is such an iconic, beautiful city full of architecture and history and we love the wander the city streets for hours on end. But there comes a time when travelling with kids, that they need a break and to run off steam at a Paris playground and we know just the one – the Parc De Jeux at the Jardin du Luxembourg Gardens.
The fabulous Jardin du Luxembourg Garden is home to one of the biggest and best playgrounds in Paris – set deep within the Jardin du Luxembourg gardens, a 17th-century park with formally laid-out gardens, trees planted in patterns and statues on pedestals, it’s this little oasis of play equipment, colour and laughter. My boys, and Roam the Gnome and I, loved it!
The playground is divided up into a number of play areas and colour coded for the different age ranges. Plus, it’s GATED! (Claps hands in glee!)
For the little ones, there’s a ‘Train’ to hop aboard, a ‘car’ and ‘tear-drop caravan’ to drive, a fort to climb, bouncy rockers, and slides. Some of this equipment is set in a large sandpit, so if you have buckets and spades with you, bring them along. There’s also some buckets on a pulley rope attached to one of the forts for those who like to dig and scoop.
For the older ones, there’s a gigantic climbing frame and multi-level fort with wide slides, and tunnel slides to zip down. Plus climbing nets, a whirly spinning disk to ride, and the BEST circular “flying fox” zipline ride we’ve ever seen in a playground.
And, is there anything better than a playground that has a little souvenir and lolly shop attached too? (My boys don’t think so!)
The Inside Scoop – Kids Paris
Times and prices correct at time of publication. We apologise if there have been any changes.
When we last visited on our family vacation, the ground under the trees on the approach to the playground was a little dry, dusty and gravelly, and there was little grass or greenery throughout the gardens at all, but don’t let that put you off. We really do think these Paris gardens and particularly the playground is something to put on your “Things to do with the Kids Paris” List today. The kids will adore it.
Opening Hours (Season and weather dependent)
- We visited during late March and it was open from 10:am to 5:45pm. The staff change the sign each day to notify families.
- The Jardin du Luxembourg gardens are open from 7am til dusk from April through October and 8am until dusk from November through March.
- Child 2,50 Euro
- Adult (one time entry, but you can ask for pass outs) 1,20 Euro
- Babies under 15 months FREE
Location of the Jardin du Luxembourg Playground – Kids Paris
Address: Rue de Médicis – Rue de Vaugirard 75006 Paris
- The Luxembourg Gardens are located in the 6th arrondissement near Sorbonne University.
- The fenced-in children’s playground is located next to the theatre.
- Théâtre du Luxembourg has 40 minute long performances on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays. The theatre is covered and heated. Check here for details.
How to get to Jardin du Luxembourg Gardens
- RER – Luxembourg
- Number 21, 27, 38, 58, 82, 83, 84, 85, 89
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do with Kids in Paris?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.