Modern Design AND Nature Play at the Marylebone Green Playground in Regent’s Park London
Regent’s Park is one of the Royal Parks of London, and it’s our second favourite after Hyde Park because it has a bunch of very fun playgrounds for the kids, plus London Zoo too! We spent a cool and cloudy day wandering through with Roam the Gnome in tow, before heading down Regent Street to Hamleys Toy Store!
This playground, the Marylebone Green Playground, on the corner of Park Square West and Ulster Terrace had just recently undergone a major re-imagination (that’s so much better than ‘refurbishment’ don’t you think?) and now it’s like having THREE parks in one.
- A standard park with a blue and yellow climbing frame, big swings, baby box swings (typical of London parks and no where else we’ve been!), a spinning mini-carousel, and a seesaw
- A super dooper fun concrete climbing gym and super slide, concrete hidey holes to crawl through,a triple-size rocking hammock, and an element of water play too
- A nature playground with giant-size logs for clambering over, a hedge tunnel to scoot under, a stepping stone path leading to vertical timber poles to weave through and a log balancing beam
Check out our video here!
Modern Design Play
The Inside Scoop
Opening Hours & Entry Fees
- Open 10am daily. Closing times vary with the month of the year but around 5pm – 7pm (Shorter hours in winter – 4pm close)
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing.
- Phone: 0300 061 2000
- Closest Tube Station is Regent’s Park
- Pay and display parking is available in Regent’s Park everyday from 9.00am – 6.30pm. The postcode for electronic device users is NW1 4NR, but please note this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area. Charges for pay and display parking are: Monday to Saturday – £2.40 per hour (60p per 15 minutes, 4 hours maximum stay), Sundays and Public Holidays – £1.40 per hour (35p per 15 minutes, no maximum stay)
Location and Map
- Address: Entrance at the Corner of Park Square West and Ulster Terrace, Regent’s Park, Greater London NW1 4, United Kingdom
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
We love to share the SUPER FUN kid-friendly stuff we find around the world, so you can go there too!