- 1 FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC to close?
- 2 NO! Can’t possibly be.
- 3 If you are lucky enough to visit…
- 4 If not, take a nostalgic look back with us in our Sneak Peek Video of FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC via Youtube below…
- 5 Details…
- 6 Public Transport
- 7 Roam the Gnome Toadstool Rating Guide – as voted by the kids!
- 8 Have you been to FAO Schwarz?
- 9 What do you think about it?
FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC to close?
NO! Can’t possibly be.
Did you hear the awful news? FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC will close the doors on its iconic landmark 5th Avenue store in July. Oh my! What an absolute tragedy for BIG fans and toy fans alike. NO MORE giant piano… one of New York’s finest kid-friendly experiences gone in a puff! Not to mention all those fun childhood reminders of the BIG movie with Tom Hanks, squashed.
For all those who’ve loved FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC, and for those who have it on their bucket list to visit one day, here’s a little nostalgic look back at what we all will miss. A sneak peek inside the FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC from earlier this year… So much to do, so much to see. What an absolute tragedy that high rent costs have forced them out after 30 years….
If you are lucky enough to visit…
- Have Breakfast with a Toy Soldier: Scheduled one hour prior to store opening at 9am, visitors can take a stroll through the magical toy emporium on a 45-minute private tour that will share memorable moments in the store’s history, provide opportunities to ”test-drive” some great toys and conclude with a continental breakfast at the BIG Piano.
- Tours are suited for kids ages 3 and up and can accommodate groups of 4 to 30 people. Personal shoppers are available to assist throughout the tour, upon request. To find out more, including fees, or to schedule your very own tour today, call 212-644-9400 x4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If not, take a nostalgic look back with us in our Sneak Peek Video of FAO Schwarz Toy Store NYC via Youtube below…
Roam the Gnome Toadstool Rating Guide – as voted by the kids!
Have you been to FAO Schwarz?
What do you think about it?