Bintang Supermarket Seminyak. Updated 2018. We make our trips last longer by adopting the habits of holiday cheapskates! Most long-term or regular travellers know the secret of travelling for longer is to find the local supermarket, and shop up big on snacks, drinks, picnic food, souvenirs and gifts for friends back home. It is a […]
Bali for Kids
ROAM THE GNOME™ Family Travel Website is our directory of SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities in Bali, Asia.
This Bali Travel Blog will help you save time, stress & money when BOOKING YOUR NEXT TRIP!
Visiting Bali with Kids
Head to Bali in Indonesia for a budget family-friendly holiday with good food, excellent shopping, beaches and fun places to swim, warm weather and happy locals.
Hot tip: Start planning your Bali itinerary with the help of these Bali magazines because Bali with kids is one of the easiest family trips you can do, anywhere in the world.
READ MORE: The Ultimate Bali Shopping Price Guide
READ MORE: Should I take a pram to Bali?
Where to stay in Bali with kids
Looking for Bali hotels for kids?
Budget Family Hotels in Bali
More hotels in Bali for Families
Packing for Bali
Awesome Things to do in Bali with Kids
- Bali Fun World indoor playground is the ideal rainy day activity in Bali
- Amazone indoor playground is another cloudy day alternative for your Bali holiday with kids
- Looking for new things in Bali off the beaten track? Check out Keramas Aero park restaurant. So cool!
- Have you seen the Water Blow in Nusa Dua?
- Book a massage package for you AND the kids at Febris Spa in Kuta - the best value 'real' spa treatment in Kuta
Shopping in Bali
- Want to know what you should pay for things when shopping in Bali? Read our Bali shopping price guide for details.
- The most popular laundry product you can buy in Bali
- Top tips for Kuta shopping so you don't get ripped off
- 7 reasons to shop at Bali's best shopping centre mall - Carrefour Bali
- Pick up all your essentials and snacks at Bintang supermarket
- Shop in the cool at Centro Bali department store
- Discovery Mall is the best central shopping spot in Kuta
- Seminyak Square Shopping centre has a cute outdoor market
- What to do in Seminyak? Shop at Seminyak Village.
- The best leather purses are at Seminyak Flea Market
- Grab yourself a pair of these super comfy travel footwear called Wakai shoes
- The best fashion store for girls in Bali is Surfer girl Bali
- Looking for homewares in Bali? Visit Mercredi for linens
- Carga is our favourite homewares shop in Seminyak
Eating in Bali with Kids
- Seacircus has the best breakfast in Seminyak.
- Cinta Cafe in Canggu has a kids playground
- Dough Darlings Seminyak Village is the place to get your artisanal donuts. One word - yum.
- Enjoy dinner and sunset at La Plancha Bali beach bar - ask for a beanbag in the outer aisle so the kids can play on the sand next to you!
- Take the kids for an icy cold milkshake at Old Mans Bali
- Our favourite family-friendly Canggu restaurants are gathered together at the Berawa Kitchens Food Truck stalls in Canggu
- Tubes restaurant in Kuta has all kinds of family friendly food, and room for kids to move and play too
- Fussy eaters in tow? Head to Pizza Hut Bali before the hunger hits
- We never visit Bali without visiting the Saigon Street Bali restaurant - try the pork belly!
- Take the kids to High Tea at Biku
- Eat mexican at this family friendly Mexican restaurant in Seminyak
- The best bakery in Bali for fresh bread and mouthwatering cakes is Monsieur Spoon on Jl. Petitenget
- Try Bubble Tea at Chatime Bali
- This is a fun icecream shop in Bali
Getting around Bali
- Want to book the best Bali drivers for your Bali day tours?
- Take the Kura Kura bus around Bali for next to nothing
- 3 reasons you should never book anything but an authentic Bluebird Taxi in Bali
Cooking classes in Bali
- Foodies should head to Warung Nia cooking school in Seminyak for a hands-on cooking class
Stay Healthy in Bali
- How to avoid mosquitoes in Bali
- Packing your first aid kit for Bali - everything you need to stay safe
- The best mozzie repellent checklist for Bali
- The Big List of Bali Chemists
- The Ultimate Guide to finding a pharmacy or chemist in Seminyak
- The essential guide to help you avoid Bali Belly
- Bookmark this list - Safe hospitals in Bali
- Read why we think Bushman Insect repellent is the best one for Bali
- Get yourself a copy of these Bali publications so you are in the know about all the Bali events and Bali market days during your trip
Bali Airport Playground
Sadly, there's currently no Bali airport lounge playground, but we're keeping our eye on the situation and will let you know when it's back.
(Spam is for dummies. We won't do it to our friends.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Hope to see you here again soon.
DIY Your Itinerary - check out our Bali Travel Blog highlights below...
Bali Day Tours 2018 Update. Pictured above: – “Bali Smart Tours” Driver Komang, with Ned and Jack. As a family of Travel Journalists with a very cute Gnome in tow, we never leave home without a BIG exhausting plan to see and experience as many places as possible in one day. So we need a […]
Best breakfast in Seminyak Bali. Updated 2018. At RP 65,000 ($6.50 AUD), you could afford posh smashed avo on toast for breakfast every day of the week at Sea Circus. But why would you, when you have THIS exhaustive menu to choose from. Yep, the best breakfast in Bali is, without a doubt, the colourful […]
Bali Fun World. Here’s a sight for sore eyes! A giant indoor playground with jumping castles, trampolines, AND a giant inflatable indoor climbing “rock”. All for the all-inclusive entry price of RP 150,000 per child. Babies and toddlers under 18 months are FREE. Grandma and grandpa go free too. Adult tickets are supposedly RP150,000 too, but […]
Cinta Cafe Canggu Climbing structure? Check. Swing? Check. A cafe with a eye-popping view of rice fields and a fresh, local menu? Yes, there’s MORE than one good reason to visit Cinta Cafe in Canggu. There’s a playground at Cinta Cafe Canggu The Cinta Cafe Canggu has a playground. A real life, fenced playground at […]
Bali holidays with kids. If you’ve been on plenty of Bali holidays with kids before, you might have run out of ideas for new places to visit in Bali with kids in tow too. One of our favourite things to do on Bali holidays with kids is to search for indoor playgrounds and yes, there […]
Centro Bali. When you’ve had enough of the hustle and bustle of Bali streets, market stalls, and vocal sellers, what do you do? You head straight to Centro Bali Department store in the Discovery Mall on the second floor. Centro Kuta Bali It’s your one-stop shop for souvenirs, clothing, soaps, jewellery, shoes, watches, luxury bath […]
Discovery Mall Bali. When the sweat is running down the inside of my thighs, and my hair looks like it’s been fried in a hot chip pan, it’s time to escape the humidity and regain a sense of dignity, style and elegance (if that is even possible with kids in tow) in the air-conditioned chilliness […]