Need to visit a safe hospital in Bali? Visitors to Bali don’t expect to visit a doctor or hospital but sometimes accidents happen, and you need to find one in a hurry. For most people, the key requirement is that it’s a hygienic and safe hospital In Bali, we suggest following the lead […]
Bali for Kids
ROAM THE GNOME™ Family Travel Website is our directory of SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities in Bali, Asia.
This Bali Travel Blog will help you save time, stress & money when BOOKING YOUR NEXT TRIP!
Visiting Bali with Kids
Head to Bali in Indonesia for a budget family-friendly holiday with good food, excellent shopping, beaches and fun places to swim, warm weather and happy locals.
Hot tip: Start planning your Bali itinerary with the help of these Bali magazines because Bali with kids is one of the easiest family trips you can do, anywhere in the world.
READ MORE: The Ultimate Bali Shopping Price Guide
READ MORE: Should I take a pram to Bali?
Where to stay in Bali with kids
Looking for Bali hotels for kids?
Budget Family Hotels in Bali
More hotels in Bali for Families
Packing for Bali
Awesome Things to do in Bali with Kids
- Bali Fun World indoor playground is the ideal rainy day activity in Bali
- Amazone indoor playground is another cloudy day alternative for your Bali holiday with kids
- Looking for new things in Bali off the beaten track? Check out Keramas Aero park restaurant. So cool!
- Have you seen the Water Blow in Nusa Dua?
- Book a massage package for you AND the kids at Febris Spa in Kuta - the best value 'real' spa treatment in Kuta
Shopping in Bali
- Want to know what you should pay for things when shopping in Bali? Read our Bali shopping price guide for details.
- The most popular laundry product you can buy in Bali
- Top tips for Kuta shopping so you don't get ripped off
- 7 reasons to shop at Bali's best shopping centre mall - Carrefour Bali
- Pick up all your essentials and snacks at Bintang supermarket
- Shop in the cool at Centro Bali department store
- Discovery Mall is the best central shopping spot in Kuta
- Seminyak Square Shopping centre has a cute outdoor market
- What to do in Seminyak? Shop at Seminyak Village.
- The best leather purses are at Seminyak Flea Market
- Grab yourself a pair of these super comfy travel footwear called Wakai shoes
- The best fashion store for girls in Bali is Surfer girl Bali
- Looking for homewares in Bali? Visit Mercredi for linens
- Carga is our favourite homewares shop in Seminyak
Eating in Bali with Kids
- Seacircus has the best breakfast in Seminyak.
- Cinta Cafe in Canggu has a kids playground
- Dough Darlings Seminyak Village is the place to get your artisanal donuts. One word - yum.
- Enjoy dinner and sunset at La Plancha Bali beach bar - ask for a beanbag in the outer aisle so the kids can play on the sand next to you!
- Take the kids for an icy cold milkshake at Old Mans Bali
- Our favourite family-friendly Canggu restaurants are gathered together at the Berawa Kitchens Food Truck stalls in Canggu
- Tubes restaurant in Kuta has all kinds of family friendly food, and room for kids to move and play too
- Fussy eaters in tow? Head to Pizza Hut Bali before the hunger hits
- We never visit Bali without visiting the Saigon Street Bali restaurant - try the pork belly!
- Take the kids to High Tea at Biku
- Eat mexican at this family friendly Mexican restaurant in Seminyak
- The best bakery in Bali for fresh bread and mouthwatering cakes is Monsieur Spoon on Jl. Petitenget
- Try Bubble Tea at Chatime Bali
- This is a fun icecream shop in Bali
Getting around Bali
- Want to book the best Bali drivers for your Bali day tours?
- Take the Kura Kura bus around Bali for next to nothing
- 3 reasons you should never book anything but an authentic Bluebird Taxi in Bali
Cooking classes in Bali
- Foodies should head to Warung Nia cooking school in Seminyak for a hands-on cooking class
Stay Healthy in Bali
- How to avoid mosquitoes in Bali
- Packing your first aid kit for Bali - everything you need to stay safe
- The best mozzie repellent checklist for Bali
- The Big List of Bali Chemists
- The Ultimate Guide to finding a pharmacy or chemist in Seminyak
- The essential guide to help you avoid Bali Belly
- Bookmark this list - Safe hospitals in Bali
- Read why we think Bushman Insect repellent is the best one for Bali
- Get yourself a copy of these Bali publications so you are in the know about all the Bali events and Bali market days during your trip
Bali Airport Playground
Sadly, there's currently no Bali airport lounge playground, but we're keeping our eye on the situation and will let you know when it's back.
(Spam is for dummies. We won't do it to our friends.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Hope to see you here again soon.
DIY Your Itinerary - check out our Bali Travel Blog highlights below...
The first time we visited Bali after a long absence, we took what seemed like the entire contents of our local chemist with us. In fact, our original first aid kit for Bali contained every little thing we could have ever possibly needed for almost every conceivable illness or injury! (We’ve now streamlined it – […]
If you are travelling to Bali with kids, then you need to pack the best mosquito repellent for Bali. Bali, like many other tropical holiday destinations, can be a hotspot for mosquito-born disease such as malaria and dengue fever so it’s wise to take precautions to keep your family safe. While we always keep a […]
Here’s the most important question of the day? When you are packing for Bali, have you remembered to pop in a First Aid Kit? Believe us when we say, this little afterthought might just become the most important thing in your suitcase. There’s no telling if, or when you’ll need it, but if you […]
Bali is one of our top ten destinations for families, especially those with young kids. It’s energised, full of life, filled with smiling people, and taking a dip is the key priority for the day. Plus, there’s cheap massages. But as with any foreign country or city, there are things you need to be aware […]