Top 10 Things to Do with Kids in Hong Kong? No way! Here’s a BIGGER list of SUPER DOOPER FUN THINGS for you to try! Why stop at 10 things to do with Kids in Hong Kong? Hong Kong has plenty more to offer. We’ve rounded up what we think are […]
Hey Ho, Travelling we go. Welcome to ROAM THE GNOME Family Travel Website.
It's a one-stop shop for SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities for family travel in Hong Kong.
Find information, stories and videos of our favourite Hong Kong destinations to help you plan your Hong Kong itinerary, including all the fun places to visit in Hong Kong with little ones in tow.
PS: Did you know you can search the site, city by city?
We guarantee that Roam the Gnome Family Travel Blog will help save you time, stress & money when planning to BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP!
Roam the Gnome's Hong Kong Travel Blog - The Ultimate Guide to Hong Kong
Check out our Hong Kong Travel Blog Guide for a comprehensive overview of everything you need to know about travelling in Hong Kong with kids.
Where to Stay in Hong Kong with Kids
- Enjoy BEDTIME STORIES with Mickey and Minnie at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. Check latest prices. Read full review.
- Review of Gold Coast Family Hotel in Hong Kong. Check latest prices. Read full review.
- We stayed at the budget-friendly VELA Hotel in Causeway Bay and loved the location. Check latest prices. Read the full review.
- The BEST Family Hotels in Hong Kong. Check latest prices - Read full review.
Getting Around Hong Kong - Transport in Hong Kong
- Getting around Hong Kong City Essentials
- Hooray! There's a playground in the departure lounge at Hong Kong airport
- Beat our record. How many different types of transport in Hong Kong can you catch in one day?
- Catch the iconic and historic Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour
Eating in Hong Kong with Kids
- Eat at this budget-priced dumpling restaurant in Hong Kong - it has a Michelin star rating!
- Roam the Gnome's Guide to Fun Foods to Try in Hong Kong with Kids
- Fussy eaters will love Pizza Express in Hong Kong
- There's super cute cakes at the Hello Kitty Cafe in Hong Kong
- Calling all Snoopy Fans! Enjoy afternoon tea at the Charlie Brown Cafe
Things to Do in Hong Kong with Kids
Best Attractions in Hong Kong
- The Top Ten Things to Do in Hong Kong with Kids
- Things to do at the Top of the Peak Hong Kong
- See the Pink Dolphins in Hong Kong
- Visit Hong Kong Goldfish Market to see fish, lizards and reptiles
- Hear the Songbirds at Yuen Po Bird Market in Hong Kong
- Ride the World's Longest Elevator Street in Hong Kong!
Playgrounds in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Zoo and Botanic Gardens has a fun playground too!
- Middle Road playground in Tsim Sha Tsui is lots of fun
Museums in Hong Kong for children
- The Children's Gallery at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum is EPIC
- Check out the Hong Kong Avenue of Stars
- The Hong Kong Science Museum is full of hands-on activities for kids - it has a dedicated Children's Gallery too
Theme Parks in Hong Kong
- Things to do with Toddlers at Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Ride a crystal-bottomed cable car to Ngong Ping 360 and the Giant Buddha
- Brighten your day with a trip to this FREE Snoopy Theme Park in Hong Kong
What to do on a rainy day in Hong Kong
MORE things to do in Hong Kong for Kids
- Roam the Gnome visits Hong Kong Flower Market Road
- Top 5 Hong Kong attractions for kids who love animals!
Shopping in Hong Kong
- Shop till you drop at Temple Street Night Market
- Catch a bus OR a boat to Stanley Markets
- Flash back to your childhood at Toy Street Market - the most fun market in Hong Kong for children
Sign up for our Family Travel newsletter - it's the spot for fun travel ideas for kids
(Plus, we promise never to spam you with dodgy stuff, ever.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Grab a seat and enjoy scrolling below...
What to do on a Rainy Day in Hong Kong? Take the Kids to Jumpin Gym! Join Hong Kong locals at any one of the tens of Jumpin Gym branches across the city. (At last count, it was 48!). Jumpin Gym is an old-time fair/carnival with lots of penny […]
The Best Family Hotels in Hong Kong according to Roam the Gnome. Check out our List! If you and the family are headed to Asia and are looking for the best family hotels in Hong Kong as part of your trip, we’ve gathered the best of the bunch. Finding the best family hotels in […]
Image credit Visit HK’s most popular attraction – The Peak Hong Kong Things to Do with Kids in Tow Take the The Peak Tram from the Lower Terminus to Victoria Peak at 554 metres high, see the most spectacular view of Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour from anywhere in the city. Even if it is […]
Image credit Ocean Park Hong Kong Toddlers Heaven! Giant pandas, red pandas, alligators, jellyfish, giant salamanders, plus a GRAND aquarium and goldfish! At Ocean Park Hong Kong toddlers are their ideal guest, full of vitality and exuberance and not afraid to squeal with delight when seeing these animals up […]
Family Hotel Hong Kong – Don’t miss this SUPER FUN hotel for kids! At Roam the Gnome, we are ALWAYS on the lookout for the SUPER DOOPER STUFF, and the Gold Coast Family Hotel Hong Kong has created something so cool, we are jumping out of our skins to get back there […]
Hong Kong Flower Market Road – Parent’s at Play! The Inside Scoop If you LOVE flowers, then a wander through Hong Kong Flower Market road is a nice way to spend an hour or two, taking in the sights and perfumes of these pretty buds. The range of flowers and plants […]
Delight in Pink Dolphins Hong Kong If you love to surprise your children with extra special experiences, then taking them on to see the Pink Dolphins Hong Kong must be on your list. “Pink Dolphins” (scientifically known as Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins or Chinese White Dolphins) can be seen all year round and […]