INSIDE: A sneak peek at Mullumbimby Pool. Season 2018-2019. $7.70 for a full day of fun in the sun for the kids, including TWO HOURS jumping on the Giant Inflatable straight into the water. That’s unbeatable value around these parts. Inflatable Sunday’s are back on at the Petria Thomas Mullumbimby Pool from 12-2pm. (Want to […]
Sunshine & Rainbows! It's Byron Bay time.
Welcome to ROAM THE GNOME™ Family Travel Website.
Check the directory for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities for family travel in Byron Bay, Australia with Kids.
Travelling with kids to Byron Bay? Our Byron Bay Travel Blog will help you save time, stress & money when BOOKING YOUR NEXT TRIP!
(PS: You can search lots of other Australian cities AND overseas destinations via the menu bar too)
READ MORE: Tips to plan your next trip to Byron Bay
Byron Bay with Kids
Byron Bay is the epicentre of hippie happiness (although the traffic IS starting to grate on everyone's nerves).
The first thing you notice is the GLOW.
We've lived here for 7 years now, in a town just up the road, and everyone we meet shines a light.
It's the yoga, and healthy eating, and the sunshine, and the ocean swimming, and bliss balls, and farmer's markets every day of the week. No wonder half the world wants to move here.
Byron Bay is not known for its' kid friendliness, but if you dig just below the surface, you'll find HEAPS of things to do in Byron Bay with kids.
Circus Arts Byron Bay is but one fun adventure place.
Eating in Byron Bay with Kids
We've got the goods. Now we just need to find time to add all the stories. Byron Bay food is epic.
While you wait, we suggest starting at Folk Cafe or Top Shop. You can't go wrong.
Check back soon for more yummy places to eat with Kids in Byron Bay.
Things to do in Byron Bay with Kids
We're in the process of writing up all our Byron Bay stories. Please be patient with us as we work to publish our best tips and hints.
Here's a good start.
- This is a list of the Best Three Things to do in Byron Bay with Kids.
- Take a sneak peek at the Farm Byron Bay. It's a great morning out for kids in Byron Bay - there's great coffee and divine food for everyone, and an open air playground, farm animals and room to run.
- Local families LOVE the Macadamia Castle in Knockrow. Meet the animals, ride the train, play putt putt, climb the playground castle, pat the kangaroos and feed the baby farm animals too - all for one entry price.
Things to do in Mullumbimby with Kids
- Enjoy a swim where the locals go at Mullumbimby Pool. They set up the giant inflatable during the school holidays on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday too.
Things to do in Brunswick Heads with Kids
This is our home, and we love it. If you're visiting and want to say hi, we'd love to meet you too!
- Roam the Gnome's Ultimate Guide of Things to do in Brunswick Heads with Kids!
- Wake up and head straight to the Brunswick Heads Bakery for good coffee and giant sized cakes. If the locals haven't beaten you to them, snap up a Nutella croissant. Oh my God. SOOO good.
- I'll probably get in trouble with my neighbours for sharing details about this local's secret beach, but our favourite beach in Brunswick Heads is Christmas Beach. It's our own tropical island with calm turquoise waters, and a Hansel and Gretel forest walk to get there. Don't tell anyone I told you!
Things to do in Murwillumbah with Kids
- Visit the super dooper fun playground at Knox Park Murwillumbah
Byron Shire Events
- Take the Kids to the Lismore Gem Fest & Crystal Show. Talk to the experts, dig for treasure, and look at all the gem collections on site.
- Enrol your lizard-loving child into the Wildlife Guardian program at Macadamia Castle during each school holidays. Ned thought this well organised program was ace.
Sign up for our Family Travel newsletter so you never miss the good stuff!
(Spam is dumb. We don't like it, so we won't do it to you. We promise.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
(Or remember the Gnome!)
Why not sip a tumeric latte as you browse Byron Bay things to do below...
Christmas Beach Brunswick Heads At the very end of a dusty corrugated road, you’ll find a pathway to the most beautiful tropical beach you can find, and it’s within 25 minutes drive of Byron Bay. This secret local’s beach doesn’t look like much when you see it from afar, but I guarantee you, once you […]
If you love cake as much as we love cake, it’s time to head to the Brunswick Heads Bakery for a giant-sized slice (slab!) of your own. “I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday, somewhere**” Baked on site daily by their team of remarkable bakers, the cake cabinets here BULGE with yummy goodness. Choosing what […]
Old school charm, cute cafes, antique shops, a pristine river, an iconic old but effervescent pub, and one of Australia’s highest-rated wine bar/restaurant – the laid back riverside town of Brunswick Heads is on the up. What to do in Brunswick Heads? But look beyond the hype and the burgeoning crowds, and you can find […]
Heading to Byron Bay these holidays? Here’s our Top 3 Family Friendly Things to Do in Byron Bay with the Kids in Tow. Our Roam the Gnome Headquarters (our home!) is just 10 minutes up the road from Byron Bay, and Ned’s school is on the way into town, so Byron Bay is […]
Agate, Sapphires, Topaz, Galore. Fossils, Icecream, Games and More at the Lismore Gemfest! Looking for a family friendly activities to do when you are in Byron Bay or the Gold Coast? Then keep an eye out for this event. The annual Lismore Gemfest is on again Saturday 14th and Sunday […]
FIVE Toadstool Rating – so much for the kids to do at Macadamia Castle Byron Bay! Just past the Ballina turn off heading towards the Gold Coast is one of the best kid-friendly attractions you’ll find in the region- Macadamia Castle Byron Bay. If you are staying in Byron and […]
Up close and personal with the animals at Macadamia Castle School holidays just got a whole lot more fun at Macadamia Castle for kids aged 7 to 11 years old. If you have a kid that age, and are looking for something extra special for them to do while you […]