Playgrounds Byron Bay region? Watch our Roam the Gnome Video Review of this cracker playground in Murwillumbah. We think it’s the best playground of the entire region! (This is a challenge to you Byron Bay. We need MORE of these super fun places for kids. Utilise those creative brains in town […]
Sunshine & Rainbows! It's Byron Bay time.
Welcome to ROAM THE GNOME™ Family Travel Website.
Check the directory for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities for family travel in Byron Bay, Australia with Kids.
Travelling with kids to Byron Bay? Our Byron Bay Travel Blog will help you save time, stress & money when BOOKING YOUR NEXT TRIP!
(PS: You can search lots of other Australian cities AND overseas destinations via the menu bar too)
READ MORE: Tips to plan your next trip to Byron Bay
Byron Bay with Kids
Byron Bay is the epicentre of hippie happiness (although the traffic IS starting to grate on everyone's nerves).
The first thing you notice is the GLOW.
We've lived here for 7 years now, in a town just up the road, and everyone we meet shines a light.
It's the yoga, and healthy eating, and the sunshine, and the ocean swimming, and bliss balls, and farmer's markets every day of the week. No wonder half the world wants to move here.
Byron Bay is not known for its' kid friendliness, but if you dig just below the surface, you'll find HEAPS of things to do in Byron Bay with kids.
Circus Arts Byron Bay is but one fun adventure place.
Eating in Byron Bay with Kids
We've got the goods. Now we just need to find time to add all the stories. Byron Bay food is epic.
While you wait, we suggest starting at Folk Cafe or Top Shop. You can't go wrong.
Check back soon for more yummy places to eat with Kids in Byron Bay.
Things to do in Byron Bay with Kids
We're in the process of writing up all our Byron Bay stories. Please be patient with us as we work to publish our best tips and hints.
Here's a good start.
- This is a list of the Best Three Things to do in Byron Bay with Kids.
- Take a sneak peek at the Farm Byron Bay. It's a great morning out for kids in Byron Bay - there's great coffee and divine food for everyone, and an open air playground, farm animals and room to run.
- Local families LOVE the Macadamia Castle in Knockrow. Meet the animals, ride the train, play putt putt, climb the playground castle, pat the kangaroos and feed the baby farm animals too - all for one entry price.
Things to do in Mullumbimby with Kids
- Enjoy a swim where the locals go at Mullumbimby Pool. They set up the giant inflatable during the school holidays on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday too.
Things to do in Brunswick Heads with Kids
This is our home, and we love it. If you're visiting and want to say hi, we'd love to meet you too!
- Roam the Gnome's Ultimate Guide of Things to do in Brunswick Heads with Kids!
- Wake up and head straight to the Brunswick Heads Bakery for good coffee and giant sized cakes. If the locals haven't beaten you to them, snap up a Nutella croissant. Oh my God. SOOO good.
- I'll probably get in trouble with my neighbours for sharing details about this local's secret beach, but our favourite beach in Brunswick Heads is Christmas Beach. It's our own tropical island with calm turquoise waters, and a Hansel and Gretel forest walk to get there. Don't tell anyone I told you!
Things to do in Murwillumbah with Kids
- Visit the super dooper fun playground at Knox Park Murwillumbah
Byron Shire Events
- Take the Kids to the Lismore Gem Fest & Crystal Show. Talk to the experts, dig for treasure, and look at all the gem collections on site.
- Enrol your lizard-loving child into the Wildlife Guardian program at Macadamia Castle during each school holidays. Ned thought this well organised program was ace.
Sign up for our Family Travel newsletter so you never miss the good stuff!
(Spam is dumb. We don't like it, so we won't do it to you. We promise.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
(Or remember the Gnome!)
Why not sip a tumeric latte as you browse Byron Bay things to do below...
The Farm Byron Bay Ok, Are an Instagrammer? If you are, I’m betting you’ve heard of The Farm in Byron Bay! If not, don’t worry… we have a little sneak peek here, just for you. The Farm is an initiative of Tom Lane (heir of the Oroton fashion empire) , his yoga-teacher and marketing-savvy wife […]
For tumbling, hula-hooping, trapeze-ing, jumping castle fun, visit Circus Arts Byron Bay NSW We all know that Byron Bay is one of Australia’s top tourist destinations but it can be a little difficult to find SUPER kid-friendly adventures… some of them are hidden and you have to dig a little to find them! So I’ve […]