The first time we visited Bali after a long absence, we took what seemed like the entire contents of our local chemist with us. In fact, our original first aid kit for Bali contained every little thing we could have ever possibly needed for almost every conceivable illness or injury! (We’ve now streamlined it – here’s a list of what we take now)
If truth be told, we went more than a little overboard, especially when we found out that there’s a chemist on every second street corner. In Bali chemists are now hot property (called Apoteks), and they are stocked almost as well as any chemist we’d find in Australia or throughout the Western World.
Convenience stores also stock basic first aid supplies such as headache tablets, medicine for grumbly tummies, cold and flu tablets, and drinks such as Pocari Sweat and sports drinks to help with rehydration.
Bali Chemists – The most popular ones to look out for.
There are a number of Bali Chemists, the most popular of which include Guardian and Kimia Farma Apotek. You’ll find these close to hospitals, and throughout the built up tourist areas of Bali including Kuta/Legian, Seminyak, Canggu, Sanur, Nusa Dua, and Ubud.
Guardian Chemists in Bali
The Guardian chain of Bali Chemists are probably the most visible and well-known chemists in Bali. Their stores are laid out just like a chemist at home, and they stock a huge range of products including sanitary items, soaps and body washes, insect repellents, first aid supplies, medicines, shampoos and conditioners, face and body creams, toothbrushes and toothpaste, sunscreen, and even some souvenir items.
The Guardian Pharmacy in the Lippo Mall is the only place I’ve ever been able to buy Norit Charcoal tablets, despite asking around constantly.
Guardian Chemists in Bali can be found:
NB: Most Guardian chemists are open from 8 am until 9 or 10pm at night.
- Bali Beachwalk mall, B1
- Lippo mall, LG floor (to the right as you face the Primo foodmart)
- Jl. Poppies II – Tel: 0361-765610
- Jl.Raya Legian no.56 Kuta Denpasar Bali (on the opposite corner to Skygarden bar) – Tel: 0361-765354
- Bali Discovery Mall, Kartika Plaza, Tuban Denpasar Bali – Tel: 0361-769671
- Bali Kuta Side Walk (Apotek) Jl. Kartika Plaza Unit 49 Kompleks Hotel Ramayana Denpasar – Tel: 0361-764400
- Kutabex Bali (Apotek) – Jl. Raya Pantai Kuta side, Kutabex Mall, LG – Tel: 0361 3007086
- Bali Galeria Mall (Apotek) Jl.Raya Bypass Ngurah Ray Denpasar Bali – Tel: 0361-767101
- JL. Raya Pantai Berawa, Kel. Canggu
- Oberoi Seminyak Square, Jl. Kayu Lasmana No.18, Bali – Tel: (0361) 736279
- Warung Made Seminyak, Jl. Raya Seminyak, Kel. Seminyak, Kec. Kuta – Tel: 0361 732 778
- Bali Collection Nusa Dua (Apotek) Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua BTDC – Tel: 0361 – 770213
- Jl. Danau Temblingan No.134 Denpasar – Tel: 0361 – 282539
- Jl. Raya Kerobokan No.10, Kerobokan Kelod, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung\Jl. Raya Banjar Anyar No. 25, Kerobokan
- Uluwatu Raya (Apotek), Jl. Uluwatu KM. 19, Kel. Jimbaran, Kec. Kuta Selatan – Tel: 0361 472 5025
- Jl. Raya Ubud No.23, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar (along the main road from the palace, towards the Art Market)
Kimia Farma Bali Chemists
Kimia Farma is the other well-known Bali Chemists chain. They also stock a comprehensive range of medicines, first aid supplies, remedies and treatments for all kind of ailment. The choice of which chemist to use is yours.
Kimia Farma Apotek in Bali can be found:
- Jalan Raya Peliatan No. 100X, Ubud
- Jalan Raya Ubud, No. 88, Petulu, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar
On Ngurai bypass towards Bali Zoo
- Jl. Ngurah Rai No.74, Banjar Anyar, Kediri, Kabupaten Tabanan
- 173 Sanur Bali – Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No.232, South Denpasar, Sanur Kaja, Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar
- Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai No.890, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung
- Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai No.8X, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung
- No, Jalan Pratama No.87, Tanjung Benoa, Kuta Selatan, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung
- Jl. Raya Kuta No.102, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia (close to Bali Galeria Mall)
- Jl. Legian Kaja No.204, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia (behind Beachwalk mall)
- Jl. Raya Legian No.504, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung (near Double Six street)
- Jl. Dewi Sri No.888, Legian, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali (near Krisna souvenir shop, Sunset Road)
- Jl. Raya Kerobokan No.14, Seminyak, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung (close to Ibis Styles Seminyak, near the Jl. Petitenget intersection)
- Jl. Raya Uluwatu No.15, Jimbaran, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung (close to the Movenpick resort and spa)
Other Chemists in Bali
- Watsons, Seminyak Square (outside of the mall near the I Love Bali sign)
- Watsons, Jl. Raya Seminyak No.71 , Kelurahan Seminyak , Kecamatan Kuta, Kabupaten Badung (near Warung Made)
- Watsons, Jl. Legian No 210 Kuta, Badung, Kuta
Looking for SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit in BALI?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.