Bali holidays with kids.
If you’ve been on plenty of Bali holidays with kids before, you might have run out of ideas for new places to visit in Bali with kids in tow too.
One of our favourite things to do on Bali holidays with kids is to search for indoor playgrounds and yes, there are a few. They pop up in the most unexpected places too.
Thank goodness, as finding a western-style playground outdoors in Bali, is near on impossible.
High up on the top level of the Discovery Mall in Kuta is the Amazone indoor games arcade with, get this, it’s very own indoor playground and maze.
- 1 Amazone Indoor Games Arcade
- 2 Amazone Games Arcade & Indoor Playground Price Guide
- 3 Kidzone Indoor Playground Maze at Amazone
- 4 Collect your prizes at the Ticket Desk at Amazone
- 5 Karaoke at Amazone
- 6 The Inside Scoop – Amazone Indoor Playground Bali
- 7 Toadstool Rating – Visit Amazone on your Bali holidays with kids
- 8 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit and things to do in BALI with Kids?
Amazone Indoor Games Arcade
It’s the ultimate fun adventure zone for kids, especially if you are looking for things to do in Bali when it rains.
Head straight up to the ticket counter and load up a special Amazone games card with your choice of credit. (Minimum RP 100,000 or $10 AUD).
There’s car racing, air hockey, basketball, ride ons, Mario and Pacman style arcade games, machines that spit out photos, Zombies shooting game, motorbike racing, and Japanese “Purikura” booths where you can draw and design on your pics too.
Amazone Games Arcade & Indoor Playground Price Guide
I’m a scrooge when it comes to wasting money on arcade games, so only loaded RP150,000 (about $15 AUD) onto the card.
To my absolute surprise, this kept the boys, Roam the Gnome and I going for over an hour and a half, and included entry to the KidsZone indoor playground for both boys with a pair of socks to keep. (The soft indoor playground was RP 30,000 ($3 AUD) per child including socks.)
We had NO idea how much each game cost, despite a number showing up on the coin slot machine, so we just kept swiping the card on game after game after game (and ride) till it beeped and stopped giving us access.
The kids earned enough paper tickets to swap them out for a couple of rulers, erasers, and a Mickey Mouse pop-up pencil too.
There’s also a row of Karaoke studios. The song books are pretty tatty, and the English song choice isn’t huge, but it’s a laugh!
Amazone Games Arcade in Kuta is the best bargain to be had in Bali for kids. I’m thrilled we stumbled upon it.
Kidzone Indoor Playground Maze at Amazone
Collect your prizes at the Ticket Desk at Amazone
Karaoke at Amazone
The Inside Scoop – Amazone Indoor Playground Bali
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Amazone is on the top level of the Discovery Shopping Mall Kuta, on Jalan Kartika Plaza, Kuta
Telephone: +62 361 755522 (Discovery Mall)
Website: Discovery Mall Bali – coming soon!
Opening Hours: Amazone Indoor Games Arcade at Discovery Mall is open 10am to 10pm Sunday to Thursday, and 10am to 10.30pm on Friday and Saturday.
Entry Fees: Free entry. Enter via Jalan Kartika Plaza, or via the beachside pathway on South Kuta beach at the back of the mall, and take the lift to the top floor.
Nearest takeaway coffee: Starbucks at the front entrance. Bring one with you!
Parking: Yes, metered parking is available in the basement carpark below Discovery Shopping Mall.
How to get there: The Discovery Mall is easy to find, located on South Kuta Beach; Bali’s most famed stretch of sand. The Discovery Mall Kuta is opposite the Waterbom Bali and beside the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel. The mall is well known to taxi drivers and there’s a taxi rank nearby.
- By Bus: Catch a Kura Kura Bus. Click here for all the details about the Kura Kura bus service. Disembark at the Waterbom stop, and the Discovery Mall is just a short walk across the road.
- On Foot: Make your way to Discovery Mall from any of the Kuta hotels
- By Bluebird Taxi/Uber: Catch a metered Bluebird taxi to Discovery Mall on Jl. Kartika Plaza.
- By Private Driver: Organise a half-day trip with our favourite Bali tour guide/driver company.
Toilets: Clean toilets can be found in the Discovery Mall. Baby change table available.
Disability access: Yes, good access
- Look for the ATM corner at the front area of the mall, right next to the entrance.
- You’ll find Bank Artha Graha, Bank Mandiri, Bank Central Asia, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Bank Mega, Bank Panin and CIMB Niaga. There is a Commonwealth Bank ATM located across the road.
- If you need money changed in a safe place on your Bali holidays with kids, visit Rara Money Changer and Oasis Money Changer, located near the atrium.
Enclosed: The indoor playground is gated. Guard the front entrance to Amazone and you’ll be right.
Food options: Starbucks, plus a whole bunch of cafes and restaurants at the beachside entrance. Food court on the upper level.
The Amazone Games arcade and indoor playground in Bali was last reviewed in April 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Visit Amazone on your Bali holidays with kids
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit and things to do in BALI with Kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.