Bali Off the Beaten Track.
There’s plenty of restaurants in Bali surrounded by rice fields and sky-high flying kites, but did you know there’s one Bali restaurant where you can eat INSIDE a giant aeroplane?
- 1 A Boeing 737-400 Series to be exact?
- 2 Unusual Things to Do in Bali – Bali Off the Beaten Track
- 3 Keramas Aero Park has a PLAYGROUND!
- 4 Menu choices at Keramas Aero Park
- 5 The Kids Menu at Keramas Aero Park
- 6 How much does it cost to eat at Keramas Aero Park restaurant and bar?
- 7 The Inside Scoop – “Bali Off the Beaten Track” Keramas Aeropark
- 8 Toadstool Rating.
- 9 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do and places to eat in Bali?
A Boeing 737-400 Series to be exact?
Unusual Things to Do in Bali – Bali Off the Beaten Track
This quirky fun restaurant and awe-inspiring photo opportunity can be found at the Keramas Aero Park along the Keramas Beach section of the Ida Bagus Mantra bypass.
Surprisingly, this Bali airplane restaurant is not high on the radar of most foreign backpackers, adventurers and family travellers (yet) so this is a jolly story and unique experience to share with your friends!
Keramas Aero Park has a PLAYGROUND!
The Keramas Aero Park is a cool place to visit with kids in Bali – there’s a giant grassy area where they can run around, without making too much noise or annoying other guests. That’s a win on all accounts.
The Inflight restaurant inside the plane might be a different story. It’s a tight squeeze, where sounds are magnified, so it’s best for kids over 5 or 6 if it’s busy.
Eating inside the plane is definitely NOT for toddlers, or children 3-4 years old who have not yet grown out of tantrums, unless it’s quiet with few other people around.
We didn’t book, so we didn’t have the option of eating in the airplane at all, although we could pop our heads in to take a peek (half the fun!) but there’s seating for meals downstairs if the same thing happens to you.
We opted for a cold drink. We suggest you do the same. The drinks are mouthwatering!
Downstairs, the Aero Garden has views over the Helicopter Pad, & The Joglo and Ground Bar is located under the fuselage
Menu choices at Keramas Aero Park
Ala carte menu options for the Inflight Menu inside the aeroplane include:
- a variety of traditional Balinese and Indonesian dishes including grilled chicken in Lombok spicy sauce, traditional Balinese roasted duck, simmered Thai prawns and vegetables in creamy lemongrass sauce, and Thai curry
- a variety of western dishes including grilled pork chops, bbq spare ribs, smoked salmon crepes, and salad
- vegetarian options including quesadilla, vegetarian nachos, and bean curd steak.
The Garden Alacarte menu has pizza, club sandwiches, beef stroganoff, and pasta dishes too.
The Kids Menu at Keramas Aero Park
The Kids Meals at the Keramas Aeropark are named after superheroes! That’s a win.
They can choose from grilled chicken sausages (Batman), chicken wings (SuperWings), Vegetable Tempura (Doraemon) and sauté prawns (Astroboy) and ice-cream, banana fritters, or fruit cocktails for dessert.
Find all the options on the Bali Airplane Restaurant menu here.
How much does it cost to eat at Keramas Aero Park restaurant and bar?
Prices are mid-range. Plenty of meal options for around the RP 70,000 – RP 80, 000 mark ( $7-8 AUD) right up to RP 150,000 ($15 AUD)
Kids meals are RP 34,000 to RP 39,000 (under $4 AUD) – a bargain!
Soft drinks start at RP 19,000 ($2 AUD), fresh juices, smoothies, mocktails and milkshakes cost around RP 35,000 – RP40,000 ($3.50 – $4 AUD).
The Inside Scoop – “Bali Off the Beaten Track” Keramas Aeropark
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates.
Address: Jl. By Pass Prof. Ida Bagus Mantra KM 28, Keramas, Gianyar – Bali. It is minutes away from Keramas Beach, and Komune Resort and Beach Club Bali.
Telephone:+62361 479 1830
Website: Book a table (inflight or garden area) at Keramas Aero Park
Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm everyday
Entry Fees: Free entry to view.
Parking: Free parking available in the carpark in front
How to get there: By private car, car hire or scooter hire.
- Where is Keramas Bali? In Gianyar, on the east side of the island. About a 50 minute drive from the Ngurah Rai airport.
- How long does it take to get there from Kuta?: 50 -60 minutes drive. Keramas Aero Park is 31 km from Kuta via Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai and Jl. Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra
- How long does it take to get from Ubud to Keramas Aeropark? 41 minutes drive via via Jl. Raya Mas
- How long does it take from Bali Safari and Marine Park to Keramas Aeropark? 5 mins drive via Jl. Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra
Social media: Follow Keramas Aeropark on Instagram
Bali Off the Beaten Track – Keramas Map:
Toilets: Yes, on site.
Disability access: Difficult.
Shade: Not on play areas. Eating areas shaded.
Enclosed: Yes, away from road
Ground cover: Grass in play area
- Be sure to book via their website if you want to eat INSIDE the restaurant
- Check the website for special lunch or drinks promos available during your visit
- Keramas Aeropark opened on October 15, 2016
- Keramas Aero Park was last visited by Roam the Gnome in August 2017.
Do let us know if you want us to share more of Bali off the beaten track?
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do and places to eat in Bali?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.