INSIDE: The Glorious Toyshop that is Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Store London in Covent Garden. Updated 2019.
Big Kids with the heart of a child should not miss this traditional toy stop in Covent Garden London.
This toy shop stocks London’s best range of whimsical, old-school toys and Victorian toys we’ve seen, and I dare you to leave without one.
It’s near on impossible to exit this shop EMPTY-HANDED.
- 1 Victorian Toys at Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Store London
- 2 Pollocks Toy Shop shopping
- 3 Puppets and Dolls Upstairs at this Traditional Toy Shop London
- 4 MORE Covent Garden Shops
- 5 Covent Garden Shops for Kids
- 6 Where to Eat in Covent Garden
- 7 What to do in Covent Garden with Kids
- 8 More Things to do in Covent Garden with kids
- 9 Don’t miss the Original British Toy Museum – Pollocks Toy Museum!
- 10 The Inside Scoop- Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Store London Covent Garden
- 11 How to get to Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop London:
- 12 Map of Benjamin Pollocks Toyshop Covent Garden
- 13 Facilities at Covent Garden
- 14 Toadstool Rating- Benjamin Pollocks Toy Shop London
- 15 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
- 16 Subscribe
- 17 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Victorian Toys at Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Store London
Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Shop is located in Covent Garden Market.
It’s the best toy store London has if you are keen to reminisce about your childhood. Visit even if you don’t have kids tagging along!
Some argue it’s one of the best toy shops in England!
This London toy shop is crammed floor to ceiling with all the best toy theatres, toys and games.
Visit for yourself and decide.
At Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Shop, you can take home a piece of authentic toy history for modern-day children.
Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Shop specialises in toy theatres:
- 3D cardboard puppet theatres
- paper cutout theatres
- more robust versions made from wood
- and, of course, puppets.
Pollocks Toy Shop shopping
Pop in to find all these authentic British toys and games for sale.
- wooden toys
- tin soldiers
- pop-up puppets
- Victorian paper dolls
- Victorian toys
- Ballerina music boxes
- children’s books
- board games
- soft toy
- stationery & notepaper
- copies of Victorian-era childhood inventions – kaleidoscopes, dominoes, noughts & crosses games, spinning tops
- gift boxes
There’s also a British toy brand to suit every pocket money budget.
Puppets and Dolls Upstairs at this Traditional Toy Shop London
Be sure to go upstairs at this Covent Garden toy store to see intricate puppets and dolls. If you are looking for a lovely and unique memento of your time in London, this place is a must do.
Grandparents will love the little blast from the past, and children of today won’t believe what their parents and grandmas and grandpas played with all those years ago.
Comparing the sweet nostalgic toys of yesteryear at this London toy store with what they have access to today?
The kids will be INCREDULOUS.
The best thing about a visit to Benjamin Pollocks Toyshop?
You’ll open the kids eyes to what fun the imagination can be!
MORE Covent Garden Shops
While you are in Covent Garden, do yourself a favour and visit these other Covent Garden shops too.
Hardys Sweets Shop
Pick up all your favourite London lollies at this British sweets shop in Covent Garden.
25 New Row, Covent Garden London, WC2N 4LA. Open Monday to Saturday from 11 to 8pm, and Sunday 11 to 6pm.
For elegant London souvenirs of gift boxed chocolates.
Beautiful leather goods, handbags, and ready to wear clothes for women
For classic British style, whimsical designs and bright colourful patterns on bags, totes, luggage and London souvenirs. Open 7 days.
Elegant perfumery with a difference.
Whittard of Chelsea
Specialist teas, limited edition artisan coffees, and exclusive blends.
Amazing array of English stationery, cards, and gifts
Covent Garden Shops for Kids
The boutique is entirely devoted to the Moomins, Tove Jansson’s loveable hippo-like trolls, and stocks books, gadgets, tableware, clothing, stationery and rare memorabilia emblazoned with these adorable characters from Finland.
This unusual store sells a creative array of quirky accessories for home and garden, as well as gifts for friends and pets.
If you love bright bold design, pop in!
The Tin Tin Shop
At the Tintin shop in Covent Garden, fans of the Belgian boy reporter and his global adventures can buy Tintin and friends:
- cups, mugs and plates crockery
Where to Eat in Covent Garden
Why not eat lunch at the iconic Punch and Judy Pub, built in 1787?
Try all your British faves, including sausage and mash!
(If you happen to visit on a Sunday in May, keep an eye out for the Covent Garden Punch and Judy Festival)
You can also find plenty more food & drink options in Covent Garden
What to do in Covent Garden with Kids
London Transport Museum Covent Garden
The London Transport Museum in Covent Garden is a must-visit if you are in London with kids.
More Things to do in Covent Garden with kids
- See a live theatre production at Lyceum Theatre. We are booked to see Disney’s the Lion King soon.
- Enjoy a show at the Royal Opera House
- Wander around to see the beautiful architecture and theatres near Covent Garden including the London Coliseum with the famous revolving globe
- The London Postal Museum is a 25 minute walk away at 15-20 Phoenix Place London WC1X 0DA.
Don’t miss the Original British Toy Museum – Pollocks Toy Museum!
If you like checking out Victorian toys, follow your toyshop fun with a visit to Pollocks Toy Museum on Goodge Street in Bloomsbury London.
It’s just a 10 minute train ride from Leicester Square tube station nearby.
The Inside Scoop- Benjamin Pollock’s Toy Store London Covent Garden
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Pollocks Covent Garden can be found at 44 The Market, Royal Opera House, London WC2E 8RF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 20 7379 7866
Website: Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop
- Mon – Wed: 10.30am – 6.00pm
- Thur – Sat: 10.30am – 6.30pm
- Sunday – 11.00am – 6.00pm
Entry Fees: Free entry to Pollock’s Toy Shop.
How to get to Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop London:
Click here for all the details on how to get to Covent Garden by foot, tube, train, car, or taxi.
- If possible, it is best to avoid driving to Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop in Covent Garden as parking is very restricted. There is limited on-street parking with meters on some surrounding roads.
- If driving, it is essential to remember to pay the Congestion Charge. The charge can be paid online, in selected shops and petrol stations, by post, by SMS from your mobile phone or by phone on +44 (0)20 7649 9122.
- Two of the largest car park providers in central London are Masterpark and NCP
Map of Benjamin Pollocks Toyshop Covent Garden
Facilities at Covent Garden
Toilets: Inside the market building. £1 entry.
Disability access: Limited
Notes: This London toy shop was last reviewed in 2019.
Toadstool Rating- Benjamin Pollocks Toy Shop London
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
Click the links in blue below.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory