- 1 Looking for THE best place to stay in Rome? If you are travelling with kids, we think we’ve found it.
- 2 New this summer- KIDS CLUB FUN at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel!
- 3 The Inside Scoop at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel
- 4 Travel Options:
- 5 Toadstool Rating for the Best Place to Stay in Rome.
- 6 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit in Rome?
Looking for THE best place to stay in Rome? If you are travelling with kids, we think we’ve found it.
If you like to travel in style, even when you have the kids in tow, then this luxe hotel might just be the best place to stay in Rome. With views across the city, this hotel precinct is spacious and there’s plenty of room for the kids to run around.
According to their website, “The Rome Cavalieri is situated in an area of great historical interest. Perched atop the hill of Monte Mario, which dominates the city of Rome, the hotel lies alongside one of the most important paths in the history of mankind: the Via Francigena, the pilgrims’ route from Canterbury in England, through France and Italy, all the way to Rome.
It is a journey through history itself. Pilgrims always travelled in groups and this was one of those roads teeming with merchants: a hive of buying, selling and bartering. Armies marched along the road from one post to the next. Once they arrived at the walls of the Eternal City, travellers used to rest on the hill of Monte Mario and it is for this reason that the area was also commonly called “the riders’ place”, as it was usually travellers on horseback who would stop, to rest both themselves and their mounts.”
Located about 1 km north-west of the Vatican, the Rome Cavalieri Hotel – one of the stable of Waldorf Astoria hotels – always welcomes children with arrival gifts.
They also provide (on request):
- Special sized clothes hangers
- Water boiler
- Video library
- Night light
- Plug covers
- Bottle warmer
- High chair
New this summer- KIDS CLUB FUN at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel!
But this summer, they’ve gone out of their way to provide a new list of activities and experiences at the IT Club – League of Young Cavaliers. We guarantee that the team behind the IT Club are like the Pied Piper – you might have trouble dragging your kids away at the end of the day. (Parents can choose to join in the fun, or leave the kids in the capable hands of the staff.)
There’s so much for kids to do – there’s exclusive experiences and workshops on site at the hotel and around Rome too, giving children opportunities to experience art, sports, cooking and more. There is creativity at the arts laboratory, mini car races and magicians, and pizza making Or the kids can learn to become a Gladiator at private Gladiator Training, even gaining ‘Tiro” first tier qualifications! Just in time for an educational trip to the Coliseum.
And look at this… super trips around Rome such as their awesome “Myths and Heroes” tour, or magical treasure hunts in the beautiful Villa Borghese.
We bet that after a stay, you’ll agree the Rome Cavalieri Hotel tops the “Best place to stay in Rome with Kids” list.
The Inside Scoop at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates.
- Phone: +39 06 3509 2040
- Email: Concierge
Book your Stay at the Best Place to Stay in Rome
Book the Family stay at the Rome Cavalieri here
Location and Map
Via Alberto Cadlolo, 101 – 00136 Rome Italy
Shuttle Bus to Piazza Barberini
- 8.30* / 9.30 / 10.30 / 11.30 / 12.30** / 15.30 / 16.30 / 17.30 / 18.30 / 19.30 / 20.30
Shuttle Bus from Piazza Barberini
- 9.00* / 10.00 / 11.00 / 12.00 / 13.00** / 16.00 / 17.00 / 18.00 / 19.00 / 20.00 / 21.00
* Available April-October, but not on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
**Service not available on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- Take underground line A (direction Battistini) to Barberini – 2 stopsOn Piazza Barberini – corner with Via Veneto, you can find the Hotel shuttle bus (Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts sign). Please check the departure times above. Space subject to availability and capacity.
By Taxi or Uber
- To / from Ciampino Airport – approx. € 60
- To / from Fiumicino Airport – approx. € 50
- To / from Termini Station – approx. € 20 – 25
From Fiumicino Airport
- Take direct train ‘Leonardo Express’ from the train terminal (every 30 minutes) to Termini Station.
- Take underground line A (direction Battistini) to Barberini – 2 stops
- On Piazza Barberini – corner with Via Veneto, you can find the Hotel shuttle bus (Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts sign). Please check the departure times below. Space subject to availability and capacity.
Toadstool Rating for the Best Place to Stay in Rome.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit in Rome?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
We sincerely thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.