INSIDE: The ONLY Lapland Planning Guide you need to book Lapland 2020 Christmas independently.
If you are looking to book a Lapland Christmas 2020, sometime in November or December, we have plenty of resources to help.
Check out the section below titled: EVERYTHING you need to know about booking a Lapland 2020 vacation.
The most important thing is to book your Lapland accommodation for your Lapland 2020/21 trip.
We strongly recommend booking the SANTA CLAUS HOLIDAY VILLAGE hotel cottages, cabins or suites.
This means you stay onsite, IN the actual Santa Claus Village itself.
A hotel stay IN Santa Claus Holiday Village has no equal.
Take a look to see why.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Lapland 2020 Holiday Planning
- 2 Three More Santa Claus Village Hotel Options
- 3 Cheap Holidays to Lapland 2020
- 4 EVERYTHING you need to know about booking a LAPLAND 2020 HOLIDAY
- 5 THE BEST LAPLAND TOURS in Rovaniemi (Don’t miss out)
- 6 Planning your Visit to Santa in Lapland
- 7 Guide to all the Santa Claus Village Activities in Rovaniemi
- 8 Attractions near Santa Claus Village for Kids
- 9 Must Do Tours in Rovaniemi Lapland
- 10 Shopping in Santa Claus Village
- 11 Where to eat in Santa Claus Village
- 12 How to get to Santa Claus Holiday Village
- 13 Last Minute Tips for a Lapland 2020 Vacation
- 14 The Best Lapland Itinerary for a Family (we think so!)
- 15 Last Minute Questions or confused about something?
Lapland 2020 Holiday Planning
Do everything in your power to save up enough money to stay here, even if you have to beg, borrow, steal or sell your Grandma.
(Spare Grandma. We recommend becoming minimalists, and selling all your excess stuff online. You can thank me for the tip later.)
I’ll say it again.
Do everything you can to book a stay at Santa Village Hotel Cottages.
There is NOTHING like staying IN the village.
(The pain of the bill will soon be forgotten!)
Take a sneak peek at our stay here for ALL the reasons why this is our top choice of Rovaniemi accommodation.
Image credit: Rob Philips
Three More Santa Claus Village Hotel Options
If you are visiting WITHOUT children (you’ll be surprised how many people are!), a stay at one of the other Santa Village hotels would be a suitable alternative, as you’ll still be ON LOCATION!
Location is THE most important thing here.
No-one – especially kids – wants to leave this magical snowy forest place at the end of a day to hop back on a bus or in a car to Rovaniemi town.
Don’t do it unless you have absolutely no alternative.
CLICK HERE to take a look at our review of the other three hotels in Santa Claus Village.
Cheap Holidays to Lapland 2020
The cheapest way to Lapland is to book a day tour.
Check out these companies to compare prices:
- Santas Lapland
- Santa Claus Trips
- Santa Holidays
- Magic of Lapland (.net)
Do your research and read all the reviews to find out which is the recommended and best Lapland day trip company.
If a day trip to Lapland is all you can manage, at least try to wrangle a good few hours of FREE TIME in your tour to hang about at the Santa Claus Holiday Village, so the kids can play in the snow, weather permitting of course.
I guarantee you, all they’ll want to do is ride the sledges like all the other kids.
You’ll find brightly coloured snow sleds all over the village.
They are for the use of paying guests staying onsite, but you’ll find sleds by every tree, snow mound, outside the Christmas House restaurant, and Three Elves restaurant. Do feel free to borrow one if there’s no ‘owner’ about.
It’s the definition of a sharing economy!
Playing on the mounds of snow, and down the slopes is a highlight for most kids, and they want to do it for HOURS.
EVERYTHING you need to know about booking a LAPLAND 2020 HOLIDAY
Now you’ve booked your hotel, it’s time to whip out a word document, or excel sheet, or whiteboard, and start taking notes!
(If you still haven’t booked your accommodation in Lapland, click here to book now before the Santa Village hotel is sold out for your chosen dates.)
Here we go, in order of importance:
**Please bear with us over the coming week as the rest of the stories – and links – go live**
THE BEST LAPLAND TOURS in Rovaniemi (Don’t miss out)
These are once-in-a-lifetime Lapland adventure tours.
- Snow Shoeing and Ice Fishing in the Lapland Forest (The snowy forest is what you visit for!)
- One for the adrenalin seekers! Try Ice Karting on snow and ice. Super fun!
- Try Arctic Ice Floating (daytime) and experience the sensation of floating on ice!
Planning your Visit to Santa in Lapland
There’s more than one Santa in Lapland.
- The Official Santa can be found in the MAIN OFFICE of Santa Claus (What to expect)
- Our guide to the Best Santa in Rovaniemi (Rated from 1 to 5)
- Visit the Christmas House Santa (and Christmas Exhibition)
Guide to all the Santa Claus Village Activities in Rovaniemi
Links coming shortly.
- Visit the Official Santa Claus Post Office to see where all the letters to Santa go (What to expect)
- All you need to know about Husky Park
- All you need to know about Santa’s Reindeer Sleigh Rides (in the village)
- Arctic Circle Crossing (and where to buy an Arctic Circle crossing certificate)
- Roam the Gnome’s Guide to Snowman World
- Roam the Gnome’s Guide to Arctic Circle Snowmobile Park activities on offer
Attractions near Santa Claus Village for Kids
- The Complete Guide to Santa Park indoor theme park in Rovaniemi (2km from Santa Village)
- Visit a Traditional Lappish Reindeer Farm, Feed the reindeers and enjoy a Sleigh Ride
Must Do Tours in Rovaniemi Lapland
- Book one of the “Santa Claus Secret Forest of Joulukka” tours. DO NOT MISS THIS IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH YOUNG KIDS.
- Santa Fun Day & Lappish Games for Kids with Santa’s Adventures
- Northern Lights by Snowmobile Sledge
- Visiting a Reindeer Farm
Shopping in Santa Claus Village
Our tips on where to shop in Santa Claus Village, including sneak peeks into some of our favourite shops in Lapland.
- Christmas House Gift Shop (our go-to for Lapland souvenirs and gifts in the village)
- Moomin Shop Finland (the cutest shop in town)
- Marimekko Outlet Store in Santa Village
- Iittala Outlet Store (Iittala Arabia is Finland’s favourite)
- Santa Claus Gift Shop
- Fazer Santa Claus Chocolate and Candy Shop (the spot to buy famous Finnish Chocolate brand, Fazer products)
- Maarttini Knives shop
Where to eat in Santa Claus Village
- Christmas House Restaurant & Coffee Bar (Plus, what’s included in your half-board stay at Santa Village Cottages)
- A round up of all the Restaurants and Places to eat in Santa Claus village
How to get to Santa Claus Holiday Village
Links coming soon.
- Taking the Santa Express Overnight Train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi
- Flying to Rovaniemi from Helsinki (or London)
- How do I get from Rovaniemi Train Station to Santa Claus Holiday village
- How do I get from Rovaniemi Airport to Santa Claus Holiday village
- The Insider’s Guide to the Santa Express Bus
- Reindeer Ride, Husky Ride, & Santa Claus Village (All in One Package from Rovaniemi Hotel Accommodation)
Last Minute Tips for a Lapland 2020 Vacation
More links going live shortly.
- What to wear in Lapland in Winter (our packing guide and tips to keep the kids warm in the freezing cold snow)
- Tips for Lapland from a Committed Family Travel Addict
- The Ultimate Guide to a Lapland Christmas experience
- The BEST Things to do in Rovaniemi in SUMMER and Winter
The Best Lapland Itinerary for a Family (we think so!)
Want to download our Lapland itinerary in a word document?
Most visitors to Lapland Santa Village stay for three nights as it’s a minimum requirement at the Santa Village Hotel during the busy Christmas season although we did meet a couple of families staying for four nights.
Click here to see how our four days in Lapland unfolded. (coming soon)
At the cost per day, this is not a time to sleep!
Mix and match this Lapland Finland itinerary to suit your family.
Also, learn from our mistakes.
FYI: Our Finland trip was at the end of six weeks through Europe.
We stayed in Helsinki for three nights leading up to Santa Village, and caught the Santa Express overnight train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi as part of our grand adventure in Lapland.
BOOKMARK THIS LINK: A Quick Reference to ALL our Rovaniemi Stories
Last Minute Questions or confused about something?
Send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll see if we can help.
This website contains references to products and services from our favourite brands. Some of these are affiliate links. If you make a purchase or booking after clicking on a link on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO COST to you. For our Disclosure and Disclaimer statements, and an explanation of our Advertising policy please click here
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and related Amazon shopping sites around the world. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory. We encourage you to bookmark this page so you can find us again.