INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Ultimate Guide to Carrefour Bali Shopping Mall.
Looking for an air-conditioned supermarket shopping experience in Bali away from the hagglers and street markets?
A Bali supermarket with all the must-buy Balinese hair care products at bargain prices?
A Bali shop where you can purchase live turtles and pet fish for your tank?
Maybe not the last one.
But yes, the Carrefour supermarket in Bali is big, and it’s a jam-packed, with quirky surprises in every corner.
Take a look to see what’s inside.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Carrefour Bali has all this and plenty more!
- 2 Carrefour Bali Shopping: Supermarket and Variety Store
- 3 Shopping in Bali – Price Compare at Carrefour Bali
- 4 What do they sell at the Carrefour Bali Supermarket?
- 5 Carrefour Shopping Mall: More than just one store
- 6 Shop List at Carrefour Mall on Sunset Road
- 7 Amazone Games Arcade in Denpasar
- 8 The Inside Scoop – Carrefour Shopping Centre Bali
- 9 Bali Carrefour Opening Hours
- 10 Map of Transmart Carrefour Sunset Road
- 11 Facilities at Carrefour Supermarket in Denpasar
- 12 Toadstool Rating – Carrefour Bali
- 13 Looking for More SUPER DOOPER Fun Things to Do in BALI with KIDS?
Carrefour Bali has all this and plenty more!
The Carrefour Bali supermarket on Sunset Road in Kuta is a GIANT warehouse-style Balinese supermarket that you shouldn’t miss, even just for the experience of walking round and checking out all the things you can buy.
It’s up there in our list of the best supermarket adventures we’ve ever had in the world!
The Carrefour supermarket is part of a chain that boasts being the world’s second-largest retailer and the largest in Europe.
Carrefour Bali Shopping: Supermarket and Variety Store
The Carrefour supermarket on Sunset Road is a combination of supermarket and variety store with all the food and things you’d find in a:
- fruit and veggie shop
- toy shop
- hardware store
- electronics store
- fashion boutique
- kitchen shop
- stationery shop, and
- hair and beauty salon.
Carrefour is at on the 3rd floor of the shopping mall at the very top of the building.
It’s popular with expats, tourists, wealthy families from Jakarta, and a gaggle of Indonesians who love to hang about in their favourite mall.
It’s a great place to gauge Bali shopping prices too.
Shopping in Bali – Price Compare at Carrefour Bali
If you are buying electronics or anything expensive, our tip is to shop around.
Make the trip to Denpasar as you might find it cheaper.
But Carrefour Bali wins for convenience, hands down.
It’s not the cheapest supermarket in Bali, BUT their range is phenomenal and the size of shop is monstrous.
Plus, Carrefour Bali stocks all the recognisable and trustworthy brands.
Because of this, Carrefour on Sunset Road trumps the smaller minimarts every time (listed below), both on price and range:
- Circle K
- Alpha Mart
- Indo maret, and
Also, if you can’t find something specific here, we can almost guarantee you won’t find it anywhere in Bali.
Hot tip: Visit on day one or two of your trip for a research trip/reconnaissance mission, then pop back in on your last day in town to pick up all your last minute purchases and souvenirs.
What do they sell at the Carrefour Bali Supermarket?
The question should be, what don’t they?
Here’s a big list of our favourite seven things they sell at Carrefour Supermarket.
Electronics and Sim Cards
Electronics to save the day, and homewares too
- Phones and sim cards for local use
- SD cards
- Phone charging cords
- Every kind of electrical appliance you can imagine
- Pots, and pans
- A huge range of all kinds of plastic storage boxes
Stock up on all the Bali mosquito repellents and artillery to keep the kids safe from bites.
- Mozzie Zappers
- Mozzie spray
- Mozzie repellent lotions
- Mosquito patches
Bali Hair Care Magic
All the Balinese hair care products and Bali skin care too.
- Elips hair care products in small and large sizes – the prices are unbeatable!
- Shampoo, conditioners, soaps, moisturisers
Don’t bother packing shampoo and conditioner.
Buy it here.
Want to keep a stash of Balinese beers, or soft drinks, or water at your hotel?
- Bottled Water
- The normal range of Indonesian drinks and milks
Pick drinks up in bulk here at an affordable price, and save your dollars for awesome Balinese experiences such as:
- a trip to Bali Safari and Marine Park, or
- the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of breakfast with the Orangutans at Bali Zoo.
Women’s and Men’s clothing
- A huge selection of well priced sarongs
- Men’s clothing including t-shirts and shorts
- Women’s clothing including light slip-on dresses, tops, pants and outfits
- Men’s shoes
- Women’s shoes
- Traditional Balinese clothing for men and women
Kids Clothing at Carrefour
- Shoes for kids (helpful if you manage to accidentally go out without their shoes!)
- Fashionable clothing for children
Beach Towels & Accessories
- Beach wear including swimming costumes/bathers
- Beach towels
- Goggles and snorkelling gear
- Floaties, and inflatables for the pool
Balinese Souvenirs for the whole family
There’s a whole section filled with Balinese souvenirs at fair prices.
The best thing is you can grab a trolley and buy all the gifts in one place, at your own pace, without haggling or trying to avoid pushy salespeople.
- Souvenirs – soaps, body lotions, incense, candles (Check here first to compare prices before committing to buying anything on the street so you dont get ripped off)
- Woven baskets for picnics
- Balinese artwork
- Toys including a brand of Indonesian ‘lego’,
- Decorative homewares including rattan dishes and baskets
- Beer coasters and stubbie holders
- Indonesian pantry fillers like rice, flavoured noodles, herbs and spices, curry pastes
- Stationery and kitchen gadgets
- Extra suitcases to carry home all your purchases
Kids Toys at Carrefour Sunset Road
Visiting Bali with kids and want a bit of downtime?
It’s possible to purchase Indonesian-style versions of LEGO in Carrefour supermarket.
Plus, a whole range of kids toys including:
- toys for water play
- juggling balls
- board games
It’s not a huge section but the kids will be happy to find it.
Snack food and supplies to take home from the Carrefour supermarket aisles
- Balinese chocolate and Indonesian lollies for kids
- Kopi Luwak coffee
- East Bali cashew variety packs including our favourite snack ever – the Cacao cashew nuts or the Cacao popcorn. Buy as many bags as you can carry home
- Breakfast cereal, bread for toast, spreads
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Snacks, cup of noodles
Ready to eat meals
- Ready-to-eat hot food from the Food Bar including take-home dinners, quesadillas, hot chickens, sandwiches, potato wedges, and pizza slices
- Ready-to-eat salads, plus fish and seafood counters
- Ready-to-eat noodle dishes from the Noodle bar
- Fruit and vegetables
Desserts, Ice cream and Sweets
Do not leave without trying a cake or pastry (Mille Feuille!) from Carrefour’s in-house bakery.
Carrefour Shopping Mall: More than just one store
The ground floor is home to banks and food outlets including two popular American fast food chains:
- Wendys, and
Shop List at Carrefour Mall on Sunset Road
The second floor of the Carrefour mall on Sunset Road has:
- speciality stores
- a cafe
- a bubble tea shop
- a hairdressing salon
- a shoe shop
- a Periplus bookshop
Indonesian Food Court at Carrefour Shopping Centre Bali
Hungry? Try the Indonesian food court if you are looking for a cheap lunch or early dinner.
Amazone Games Arcade in Denpasar
Stop by the Amazone games arcade on your way out of Bali Carrefour Supermarket
$10 AUD equivalent will let you play for yonks!
This is the cheapest games arcade we’ve ever come across, and tonnes of fun.
On our last trip, we found a dress up shop selling Disney princess gowns, kids suitcases, and backpacks.
We bought quality Superman and Batman pyjamas made from durable cotton for $10 each pair!
The Inside Scoop – Carrefour Shopping Centre Bali
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in Indonesian rupiah, unless otherwise stated
Address: Carrefour Sunset Road Bali is located at Jl. Sunset Road, Sunset Road Building Lantai 3, Denpasar, Indonesia
Telephone: (62) 812-3811-100 (Carrefour Kuta)
Website: Click here
Bali Carrefour Opening Hours
- 10am to 10pm.
- Ask the staff at your Bali hotel or villa to confirm opening hours at Carrefour Bali, as the centre may open at 8am weekdays.
Entry Fees: Free entry.
How to get to Carrefour Sunset Road Kuta Bali by private driver
Call on our favourite Bali drivers to get you there and back safely, or stop here on your way home from a day trip.
There’s plenty of undercover parking, and fast food shops nearby so you can buy your driver lunch while he (or she) waits.
How to get to Carrefour Bali by taxi:
- Jump in a Bluebird taxi, and say “Carrefour”. Every driver knows it.
- Blue Bird Group have a taxi rank in the car park on the ground floor for when you leave.
Parking at Carrefour
Free car parking onsite in the giant undercover carpark.
Map of Transmart Carrefour Sunset Road
Facilities at Carrefour Supermarket in Denpasar
Nearest takeaway coffee: Level 2 food court
Toilets: Yes, including baby change table
Disability access: Yes, wheelchair accessible.
Closest ATM: Yes, there are ATM’s at Carrefour Supermarket in Denpasar. Carrefour supermarket also accepts all types of cards in addition to cash (IDR)
Food options: Plenty of food options both in Carrefour Supermarket itself, and on Level 2 food hall.
Notes: Carrefour Bali was last updated in January 2020.
Toadstool Rating – Carrefour Bali
Carrefour Bali Kuta supermarket is a great place to stock up on all your last minute souvenirs at a good price.
PS: Proof they sell fish and turtles in store!
Looking for More SUPER DOOPER Fun Things to Do in BALI with KIDS?
Click on the blue links below.
Check out our famous Bali Shopping Price Guide – updated with new shops!
This website contains references to products and services from our favourite brands. Some of these are affiliate links. If you make a purchase or booking after clicking on a link on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO COST to you. For our Disclosure and Disclaimer statements, and an explanation of our Advertising policy please click here
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and related Amazon shopping sites around the world. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory. We encourage you to bookmark this page so you can find us again.