Cinta Cafe Canggu
Climbing structure? Check.
A cafe with a eye-popping view of rice fields and a fresh, local menu?
Yes, there’s MORE than one good reason to visit Cinta Cafe in Canggu.
There’s a playground at Cinta Cafe Canggu
The Cinta Cafe Canggu has a playground. A real life, fenced playground at the front of the cafe, with elevated seating next to it so you can see the kids at all times. That feature alone is worth a visit if you are looking for kid-friendly restaurants in Bali.
But even if you don’t have kids, the Cinta Cafe is one of the cutest cafe/restaurants we’ve ever visited in Bali or elsewhere, and the staff are adorable too. They go out of their way to keep you happy.
It’s busy, but not so outrageously busy that you wished you hadn’t bothered.
We loved popping in mid-late afternoon for a pick-me-up drink and snack when dinner is just too far away.
The Breakfast Menu at Cafe Cinta Canggu
Early morning start, and the kids need to burn off some energy? Perfect. Pop into Cinta Cafe for breakfast. Choose from:
- Eggs florentine
- Fluffy pancakes
- Smashed avo on toast
- Cheesie omelette
- A breakfast sandwich
- A full western-style country breakfast
- Oatmeal porridge (my fave)
- Sweet or savoury crepes (the Nutella ones. Go on!)
- Or the ever popular smoothie bowls in forest berry, tropical avocado or pitaya flavour
- Add sourdough toast, gluten free toast or a croissant to any breakfast for RP 40,000 or less.
All breakfast options are under RP 70,000 ($7 AUD).
There’s a full coffee menu, and you can drink in or take away. But why would you take away? It’s Bali. Sit down and enjoy the serenity.
There’s tonnes of smoothie, soft drinks, and signature juice options too. A bottled Kombucha is a welcome addition. But the real deal is the fresh taste of chilled coconut water. Order up.
Lunch at Cafe Cinta Canggu
Lunch starts serving from 11am. There’s open sandwiches, salads, soups, pasta and a few Indonesian specials.
The Parmigiana baked eggplant with mozzarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce gets a special mention, as does the Pumpkin Soup with sourdough. Ned vacuumed that soup into his ever-growing body.
But it was the Asian Chicken salad that blew my mind. I’d been wary of ordering salads because of my worry about how the greens are washed and the risk of Bali belly but couldn’t resist this one. Glad I did. It was sensational.
Cafe Cinta in Canggu is open till 5pm daily.
Cinta café is a hidden gem in the heart of Canggu, just minutes by taxi from Berawa beach. There’s a new menu, and new surrounds since the reopening in April 2018. Check it out.
Cinta Cafe Playground
The Inside Scoop – Bali Cafe with Playground
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Jl. Raya Pantai Berawa 69 80361 Badung, Bali, Indonesia
Telephone: +62 361 3705232
Opening Hours: 8am to 5pm (new hours for 2018)
Entry Fees: The playground is FREE to all customers with the purchase of a coffee, drink or meal.
Parking: Limited parking out front.
How to get there:
- By Bus: Catch a super cheap Kura Kura bus from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Jimbaran and Ubud to the Fave Hotel Umalas (this stop is on Line 1), then a taxi from there to Cinta.
- By Taxi: Call a Bluebird taxi or an Uber
- By Car: Hire a private car with driver
- By Foot: Walk from local villas/hotels. Cinta Cafe is a 10 minute walk from Splash Bali. Note: the pedestrian walkway from Canggu is non-existent in places. Difficult with a stroller. You will need to walk on, or very close to, the road along some parts. Bluebird Taxi from Splash may be a safer option with kids.
Disability access: Stairs at front entrance.
The Cinta Cafe Canggu was last reviewed in April 2018.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit and things to do in BALI with Kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.