Discovery Mall Bali.
When the sweat is running down the inside of my thighs, and my hair looks like it’s been fried in a hot chip pan, it’s time to escape the humidity and regain a sense of dignity, style and elegance (if that is even possible with kids in tow) in the air-conditioned chilliness of a Bali shopping mall.
The best shopping mall in Bali to freshen up is the Discovery Mall Bali in south Kuta. It’s the second largest mall in Bali, after Kuta Beachwalk.
- 1 Discovery Mall Bali
- 2 Discovery Mall Kuta – Shop List
- 3 What to eat at Discovery Mall Bali
- 4 More things to do at this Kuta Shopping Mall
- 5 The Inside Scoop – Discovery Shopping Mall Bali
- 6 Toadstool Rating – Bali Discovery Mall in Kuta.
- 7 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do and places to eat in Bali?
Discovery Mall Bali
The Discovery Mall is also a great gauge to determine the upper limit of what you should pay at Bali markets when bargaining. I love bargaining but sometimes cannot be bothered doing a deal, or having market stall holders try it on or roll their eyes at me, so shopping at Discovery Mall can be a relief.
I definitely don’t begrudge the couple of extra dollars it might cost me to shop here instead of on the street – I figure a few dollars is worth my sanity, and I consider it my contribution to the air-conditioning bill!
Discovery Mall Kuta – Shop List
- Starbucks coffee shop is at the entrance
- Centro Bali is a one-stop Department Store with all your favourite brands of clothing, shoes, luggage, and toys. Find it on Level 2. Click here to read our Centro Department Store review.
- SOGO Department store is on the ground floor. It’s one of the best places to shop in Kuta.
- Marks and Spencers
- Sephora – this is one of the best places in Bali for makeup and beauty supplies
- Batik Keris is where you can find quality Indonesian batik
- Surfer Girl
- Osh Kosh
- Quiksilver, Billabong, Hurley
- Body N’ Soul and Bamboo Blonde
- Brands including Guess, Esprit, Giordano and Nautica
- Shoe shops include Puma, Skeechers, Crocs, Adidas, Nike, Payless Shoe source, and Sanuk
- Periplus books and magazines (and more toys including Nerf guns!)
- HERSCHEL SUPPLY Store
- Our number one favourite travel shoe – Wakai. (Check Wakai shoes out here.)
You’ll find homewares, Guardian chemists, sportwear, and surf wear outlets (cheaper here than in Kuta Square) throughout the mall. Electronics and technology stores are on the 3rd floor in this European-designed mall.
What to eat at Discovery Mall Bali
- The popular fast food chains are all here – Starbucks coffee, Pizza Hut, KFC, New Zealand ice-cream, Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Haagen Dazs, Black Canyon Coffee, Black Eye Coffee & Roastery, Fruiti Ice, Roti Boy and A & W hamburgers
- Don’t miss Bread Talk for their yummy savoury rolls and pizzas. Don’t leave without trying their Banana Bread. It’s the ultimate medicinal food for post Bali Belly recovery!
- Try magical Bubble Tea at Chatime. (Check out the Chatime menu of drinks here.)
- Try the Grilled Boneless Milk Fish (bandeng) with seasoned sweet soy sauce, served with chili sauce, vegetable and steamed rice or the Crispy Fried Duck with Green Chilli at Celsius Cafe Grill
- For budget eating with kids, order from one of the food stalls in the Food Court upstairs on the 3rd floor overlooking Kuta Beach. This large dining space is AWESOME for kids! Noise allowed.
- Eat dinner at one of the restaurants at the rear of the mall that overlook south Kuta beach – watching a Bali sunset from here is almost obligatory
More things to do at this Kuta Shopping Mall
Hot tip: Check out what Discovery Mall events are scheduled for when you visit, especially on weekends.
The back entrance stairs (beachside) become the amphitheatre seating in front of a temporary stage set up on the sands of Kuta Beach, and you might find movies under the moonlight, or extravaganzas such as fashion and beauty festivals, car shows, Balinese Kekak dances, kids cultural demonstrations, and kids activities, especially in the lead up to Balinese public holidays, Chinese New Year, and popular celebrations like Easter, Valentine’s Day, Christmas and Earth Hour throughout the mall.
Check Discovery Mall Kuta Facebook page for current events.
The Inside Scoop – Discovery Shopping Mall Bali
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: The Discovery Shopping Mall Kuta is on Jalan Kartika Plaza, Kuta
Telephone: +62 361 755522
Website: Discovery Mall Bali – coming soon!
Opening Hours: Discovery Mall is open 10am to 10pm Sunday to Thursday, and 10am to 10.30pm on Friday and Saturday.
Entry Fees: Free entry. Enter via Jalan Kartika Plaza, or via the beachside pathway on South Kuta beach at the back of the mall.
Nearest takeaway coffee: Starbucks at the front entrance.
Parking: Yes, metered parking available in the basement carpark below Discovery Shopping Mall.
How to get there: The Discovery Mall is easy to find, located on South Kuta Beach; Bali’s most famed stretch of sand. The Discovery Mall Kuta is opposite the Waterbom Bali and beside the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel. The mall is well known to taxi drivers and there’s a taxi rank nearby.
- By Bus: Catch a Kura Kura Bus. Click here for all the details about the Kura Kura bus service. Disembark at the Waterbom stop, and the Discovery Mall is just a short walk across the road.
- On Foot: Make your way to Discovery Mall from any of the Kuta hotels
- By Bluebird Taxi/Uber: Catch a metered Bluebird taxi to Discovery Mall on Jl. Kartika Plaza.
- By Private Driver: Organise a half-day trip with our favourite Bali tour guide/driver company.
Toilets: Clean toilets can be found in the Discovery Mall. Baby change table available.
Disability access: Yes, good access
- Look for the ATM corner at the front area of the mall, right next to the entrance.
- You’ll find Bank Artha Graha, Bank Mandiri, Bank Central Asia, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Bank Mega, Bank Panin and CIMB Niaga. There is a Commonwealth Bank ATM located across the road.
- If you need money changed in a safe place, visit Rara Money Changer and Oasis Money Changer, located near the atrium.
Closest playground: Amazone Indoor Game Centre is located on the upper floor of the Discovery Shopping Centre – play arcade ganes for hours on a budget and it has a soft indoor playground for kids under 10!
Enclosed: Yes, indoors.
Food options: Starbucks, plus a whole bunch of cafes and restaurants at the beachside entrance. Food court on the upper level.
- The Waterbom Bali waterslide park is just across the road from the mall
The Discovery Mall in Kuta Bali was last reviewed in April 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Bali Discovery Mall in Kuta.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do and places to eat in Bali?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.