What is Pixie Dust?
Disney’s Pixie Dust are the Random Acts of Kindness given to guests of the parks from time to time.
What does Pixie Dust mean for Disney Guest Relations?
Disney Guest Relations staff and cast members are given the power to sprinkle ‘pixie dust’ goodness on their favourite visitors. When you visit Disney next time, you might just be the lucky recipient.
We LOVE Magical Disney Pixie Dust surprises!
Disney Pixie Dust experiences include all kinds of things!
Our forever favourite is the experience of having every cast member say “Happy Birthday to you” when you pass by wearing a birthday button.
But it’s the big-hearted care that warms our heart most of all.
A cast member noticing you are cold, and bringing over a rug and a free hot chocolate
A staff member taking extra good care of your property when you’ve accidentally left it somewhere.
A Disney character going above and beyond to make your child’s day with a personal experience.
THIS is why Disney rules the world.
Here’s a list of the Pixie Dust experiences we know of, and love.
The trick is not to expect them, but to welcome them with open arms if and when they arrive. Surprise and gratitude fuels the magic of Disney.
- Disney buttons for every kind of celebration
- Resort upgrades for free
- Festive room decor when you arrive to your room on a celebratory day such as a honeymoon
- Free cookies
- Plush toy gifts
- Minnie and Mickey postcards
- Gift cards to buy merchandise
- Random complimentary meals gifted
- Sneaky back-room queue jumping opportunities
- Simple acts of kindness such as characters playing with your kids
- An invitation to enjoy a private character meeting
- The chance to be Grand Marshalls in a parade
- custom made Mickey ears with your name on them!
- Signed photos of Mickey propped up on your bedside table
- A special or personalised greeting by a Disney character
- A special balloon handed over unexpectedly
- Cast members with bubbles
- Fun engagement with cast members cheering for you when you hit big milestones such as finally being tall enough to ride!
- Mickey stickers
- Mickey shaped chocolates in your room
- Mickey ice cream on the house
- Disney characters catching you unawares at unlikely spots throughout the park, and giving you uninterrupted time to chat with them
- Returning lost property to your home at no charge
- Surprise bonus fast passes from a street sweeper
- Front of line passes
- No strings attached Fast Passes
If you believe the whispers, there may even be something called a Golden Ticket’ – a fast pass for every single ride.
We’ve heard stories where people have been gifted a new bucket of popcorn when theirs has crashed to the ground accidentally. Cast members have replaced newly purchased lost toys with new ones too. My heart soars when I hear these stories.
7 More Reasons to Love Guest Services at Disney
Disney staff go above and beyond when it comes to Disney customer service.