Tube in Paris- Travelling Paris with Kids We visited Paris for the first time as a family in 2015 and we rode the tube in Paris countless times to take us from place to place. There’s nothing like the tube in Paris to be in amongst real Parisian life. There’s all kinds of people […]
You've arrived at ROAM THE GNOME Family Travel Website.
We're working hard to make sure we've collated all the SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities for family travel in Paris with Kids!
Let's face it. When you think of Paris, taking the kids is not the first thing that comes to mind. But there's SO much to do in Paris with children in tow.
There's EPIC playgrounds for starters. And there's little we like better than visiting a new adventure playground, especially if we want to meet locals and find out the best places in Paris to visit with kids.
There's also one of the best children's museums we've ever been to. So good, it's split into two. One for the little kids, and one for the 7-12 year olds.
But it's the quirky stuff we love best.
- You can take a family tour to spy the best Paris street art
- Or hire an electric car for a trip around the city
Our best tips for travelling Paris with kids?
The biggest challenge in Paris is the language. It's not always easy to find local magazines, family guides or information in English.
And while many local Parisians do speak English, it's a 50/50 chance whether they will speak it with you.
Which is why we LOVE the Tourist Offices. It's one place you're almost guaranteed to find a friendly face with all the inside information on things for families to do in Paris.
Hotel concierge desks and AirBNB hosts are other good people to ask. Cross your fingers you find one who has their own kids! These people have a hidden wealth of knowledge.
If you are visiting PARIS with kids, Roam the Gnome Family Travel Blog will help save you time, stress & money when planning to BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP!
Check out our Ultimate City Guide to Paris
Family Hotels in Paris
We LOVE the Novotel Paris les Halles hotel because of its' perfect location. It's less than 10 minutes walking distance to the Seine and the Louvre, and the incomparable Terrain d'aventures playground is about 200 metres walk from the front door. Check latest prices. Read full review.
Getting around Paris
- Heading to Paris from London? Check out our tips on how to get a cheap flight from London to Paris.
- Wondering how to get from the airport into Paris CBD? Do yourself a favour and book a transfer. Pre-booking a transfer to take us from an unfamiliar airport to our hotel is a no-brainer now. It's worth every cent, and more. If you are lucky and book with Holiday Taxi's, you might even meet our driver Dinko. Read all about our most recent voyage with Dinko at the helm by clicking the blue link above.
- You can't visit Paris without taking the tube in Paris at least once. If only to take a look at the Metro's Art Deco era signage. It's simply beautiful.
Iconic Sights in Paris
- The Eiffel Tower is a must-do with kids. But before you go, learn a little. Knowing the history and a few fun facts about a landmark makes the journey so much more engaging for curious children. Check out these fabulous Eiffel Tower Facts for kids. It's quite a collection.
- Now you are ready to head on up the Eiffel Tower, we've got a bunch of tips to help make your journey hassle-free! (Or as hassle free as it can be, considering this is one of Paris' most loved and most visited sites)
Playgrounds in Paris
- The Jardin du Luxembourg playground is a fabulous morning out for kids. Bonus - the whole giant playground is gated! Entry fee applies.
- The space-age designed playground, Terrain d'aventures should not be missed. For lovers of design, this playground is right in the middle of traditional Parisian townhouses too. Worth a look.
- Check out the quirky roly-poly undulating hill playground at Parc de la Villette. Being outside the touristy areas of Paris, it's one where you can really truly feel like a local.
Museums in Paris for Kids
- Our story for visiting the Louvre with kids in tow is full of tips to help you navigate this giant museum and skip to the good bits the kids (and you) will love.
- Remember that wonderful children's museum we mentioned. Check out our full review of the Paris Science Museum for 7-12 year olds.
- If you have younger children and want to head on out to the Cité Des Enfants Museum in Paris too, here is the full review of the Paris Science Museum for 2-7 year olds. (Take a look at all the pics too!)
Shopping in Paris
- Once Upon a Time toy store in Paris is full of souvenir and gift possibilities. It's super cute, and budget friendly too.
- Do not miss wandering through one of Paris' most elegant stores, the Le Bon Marche Department Store.
Walks and Gardens in Paris
Sometimes, all you want (and need) is a big wide-open space for the kids to run around without annoying or bugging other people.
In Paris, we found the tightly squeezed cafes, the throngs of people, the stares and raised eyebrows, and the busy city life made us all crave a bit of green space and nature even more.
Our favourite Paris park is definitely the Jardin du Luxembourg gardens. It's a rare treat for an Aussie to wander through a park filled with centuries-old statues and hand-carved busts of royalty.
Holidaying in Europe with Kids
Extending your vacation in Europe with kids? Take a look at these other cities below.
London (not technically Europe, but close enough)
Sign up for our Family Travel newsletter - it's FULL to the brim of new travel inspo!
(We'll never spam you. We only share SUPER DOOPER FUN family travel inspiration we promise you'll love.)
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. This means if you make a booking after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.
Take a window seat and see what's in store for you in Paris below...
Our Favourite French Shop – Visit the Children’s Department at the Le Bon Marché Department Store For those who love shopping in Paris FOR their children (if not so much WITH those said children), then shopping in Paris’s most famous French Shop, the famed Le Bon Marche is a must-do. Le Bon Marché is arguably […]
Need a car rental in Paris? Need a car rental in Paris to get from A to B? Or did you just want a car for a day of driving in and around the Paris City Centre when you are travelling with family? Did you know that you can HIRE an electric car in […]
The best thing we’ve learned from our travels is that is pays to find out some fun facts about the places you will visit BEFORE you go. Knowing a few fun facts beforehand changes everything – it brings the place alive to us, and makes the whole experience so much more interesting. We visited the […]
What do we think about the Eiffel Tower for Kids? Is it worth the expense? The hassle? The queues? The Eiffel Tower for Kids? – we vote YES! But first, here’s a few tips to make your visit to the Eiffel Tower with Kids a success. Eiffel Tower for Kids – Paris […]
Paris Accommodation for Families Looking for a Family Hotel in Paris but struggling to find hotels in Paris City Centre that don’t break the budget? Try the Novotel Paris les Halles Hotel in the historical center of Paris. It’s smack bang in the centre of the action, minutes away from all the sights […]
London to Paris Flights from £20 each way If you are looking for the cheapest way from London to Paris, you should check out Easy Jet. The Easy Jet London to Paris route flies regularly each day, and fares can be found for as little as £20 each way! Easy Jet makes family travel so […]
Airport Transfer Paris to the City Centre When we last visited Paris, we needed to get from Paris Airport to the City Centre as quickly as possible as we had a prearranged booking to join in the fun of the Children’s Exhibitions at the Cites De Science. We booked our private airport transfer […]