INSIDE: The Scoop on the Popular Roam the Gnome Family Travel Blog. Updated 2019.
Welcome to Roam the Gnome™ Family Travel Website.
My name is Amber, I’m chief writer/video production person/explorer/mum.
I love (and live) to travel the world, and believe having kids is NO excuse not to.
(It’s simply about adjusting the budget, and the itinerary.)
My trusty sidekicks are my two boys, Ned and Jack.
The other fellow who accompanies us, the guy in the red hat?
That’s Roam the Gnome!
He’s our travel mascot, our best mate, AND the one who rates all the fun stuff we get up to.
- 1 Roam the Gnome™ Travel Blog & Website
- 2 Build your Own Itinerary with our help!
- 3 Our Mission on this Family Travel Website Directory
- 4 We deliver the FUN stuff on this Roam Travel Blog!
- 5 Planning a Trip Itinerary
- 6 NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
- 7 Building the Ultimate Family Travel Bucket List – Become a “Roaming Gnomie” too.
- 8 Roam the Gnome Meet Ups & Events
- 9 Stay in Touch with ROAM THE GNOME and friends!
Roam the Gnome™ Travel Blog & Website
We live in the delightful seaside town of Brunswick Heads, just 10 minutes north of Byron Bay, but are only 45 minutes from the spectacular Gold Coast and 90 minutes from Brisbane. We adore this little quirky town – it’s an exceptional place to come home to, but we LIVE for travel and adventures.
At the moment, our travels happen mostly during school holidays, on weekends, and any other chance we get! (Like when we find a special deal we can’t resist! Thanks Jetstar.)
When we are not travelling, the boys are at school, and Roam the Gnome and I are:
- writing about our travels
- editing video clips about our travels
- creating new content for our Youtube channel
- hunting down the best travel tips for families
- sharing stories of our travels on Instagram
- planning and hosting fun Roam the Gnome events
- brainstorming fanciful ideas for our book range that will be commence with a first release in 2019.
- googling cheap flights!
Build your Own Itinerary with our help!
We’d love you to read our stories, and be inspired enough by our adventures to book your next trip!
Roam the Gnome Family Travel Website is a collection of all the amazing adventures around the world that YOU too can have.
Here’s a tip to navigate this family travel blog site:
- Just click on a COUNTRY in the top banner
- Choose a CITY (or town) from the drop-down list
- Wait for a whole bunch of kid-friendly family travel ideas to pop up.
Start taking notes for your next adventure -> Bookmark our site so you never lose us.
Our Mission on this Family Travel Website Directory
It’s our goal in life to find and visit the best SUPER DOOPER FUN places and put them in one easy-to-find spot right here.
- We want to help you save time and energy when planning your itinerary.
- We want to save you money. Travel can be expensive. Follow our tips so you don’t waste your precious vacation dollars where you don’t have to.
- We’ll help you SKIP the over-rated, touristy or boring spots that waste your time and holiday money
- We’ll make sure you DON’T skip the best family destinations! (Check out our Toadstool Rating at the end of each post.)
There’s so much to see and do on our Family Travel Blog website, you’ll never be stumped for ideas.
We deliver the FUN stuff on this Roam Travel Blog!
We search high and low, and showcase all the best:
- Theme restaurants and restaurants with something extra super (and perhaps unusual) for the kids in the way of menus, cool food to try, entertainment, activity packs, or things to do.
Family Vacation Accommodation
- Find fabulous hotels, holiday parks, guest houses, campgrounds, safari tents, and zoo stays
- Find hotels and resorts with extraordinary swimming pools and waterparks, epic buffets, cool restaurants, and VIP experiences.
- Check out our list of the best Disney Hotels, our favourite magical accommodation for Disneyland and Disney World
- Read our round ups of extraordinary hotels and accommodation around the world that will tickle a kid’s laughter bone, or make them gasp in awe.
- Hot tip: You can also stay in a hotel near the Hollywood stars in Los Angeles that has a POPSICLE HOTLINE! (It’s the only hotel in the world that my kids beg to go back to!)
- Out-of-this-world playgrounds and parks. There’s no boring everyday playgrounds in this list. We feature awesome playgrounds around the world that your kids (and the inner child in YOU) can’t wait to explore.
Fun Things for Kids to Do
- We showcase SUPER DOOPER FUN & fabulous things to do with kids around the world.
- We’ll let you into the secret (and often hidden from view) ‘locals-only’ spots in major cities so you can get off the beaten tourist track
- We showcase Once In A Lifetime experiences (such as breakfast with orangutans, real life Gladiator training in Rome, and a sneak peek at the street that inspired Diagon Alley in Harry Potter)
- We share theme parks, awesome tours, AND a bunch of stuff that we can’t believe even exists. Fairy tales really do come true.
Planning a Trip Itinerary
If you want to build your own itinerary of unique kid-friendly things to do, bookmark this website.
Then subscribe to our monthly “Family Travel Love Letter” by putting your name and email in the box at the top of the sidebar. (You’ll get super-helpful instant-download FREE printables for family travel too!)
NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
Roam the Gnome was born many centuries ago in a tiny village. Born with itchy feet and a rampant curiosity about the world and one day, his travels brought him to our town.
My little Jack spotted him hiding out in the overgrown bushes behind our house, and invited him in. And that was that. Tired and a little weary of travelling on his own, he made his home with us, and now travels alongside when we head out to explore this magnificent world.
He loves nothing more than a hot cup of tea, and to help plan our next adventure. He’s now truly one of the family.
Building the Ultimate Family Travel Bucket List – Become a “Roaming Gnomie” too.
We do our research to find the good stuff, but we know there’s lots more hidden gems out there, some of which might be close to YOUR town.
Showcase your favourite super-dooper fun spots around your city with our Roam the Gnome readers too. Simply send us a few pics of you and your family exploring, along with a bit of info about the place (what it is, where it is, cost, opening hours etc) and we’ll share it here too.
We ADORE your local’s tips so much!
Join in -> Download our printable RTG doll here.
(Want a bit of guidance on what to look for, photograph, or film? Click here )
Roam the Gnome Meet Ups & Events
We also love to meet up with readers when we can, so keep an eye on our Instagram for updates.
We are currently planning a bunch of fun, crafty Roam the Gnome events. We’d love to see you there. Subscribe to Roam the Gnome Family Travel Newsletter so you don’t miss out on your VIP invitation.
For now. Adieu. Bon Voyage. Toodle-oo.
Amber, Ned, Jack and Roam the Gnome
Stay in Touch with ROAM THE GNOME and friends!
Remember, there’s a few ways to stay in touch with us at Roam the Gnome so you never miss a thing.
- Subscribe to our “Roam the Gnome” Family Travel Blog Family Travel Love Letter HERE.
- Like our Roam the Gnome’s Facebook page HERE.
- Follow us in real time on Instagram here
- Work with us. Read more here about our Family Travel Directory and how we can collaborate.
- Send us an Email to say hi!