- 1 Hello! Welcome to our Family Travel Blog Directory.
- 2 Build your Own Itinerary, with Our Help!
- 3 Our Mission on this Family Travel Website Directory
- 4 We search for and find the FUN stuff!
- 5 NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
- 6 Building the Ultimate Family Travel Bucket List – Become a “Roaming Gnomie” too.
- 7 ROAM THE GNOME Hash Tags
- 8 ROAM THE GNOME Meet Ups
- 9 Stay in Touch with ROAM THE GNOME
Hello! Welcome to our Family Travel Blog Directory.
I’m Amber, chief writer/video production person/explorer. I love to travel and kids are no excuse not to.
My trusty sidekicks are my two boys, Ned and Jack.
The other fellow who accompanies us, the guy in the red hat?
That’s Roam the Gnome. He’s our travel mascot and the one who rates all the fun stuff we get up to, along with the boys.
We live in the delightful seaside town of Brunswick Heads, just 10 minutes north of Byron Bay, but are only 45 minutes from the spectacular Gold Coast and 90 minutes from Brisbane. We love this little quirky town – it’s a nice place to come home to, but we LIVE for travel and adventures.
At the moment, our travels happen mostly during school holidays, on weekends, and any other chance we get! (Like when we find a special deal we can’t resist! Thanks Jetstar.)
When we are not travelling, I’m writing about our travels, editing video clips about our travels, sharing stories of our travels, and coming up with fanciful ideas for our book range that will be commence with a first release in 2019.
Build your Own Itinerary, with Our Help!
We’d love you to read our stories, and be inspired enough by our adventures to book your own!
Check out all the amazing adventures that YOU can have around the world too.
Here’s a tip to navigate the site:
- Just click on a COUNTRY in the top banner
- Choose a CITY (or town) from the drop-down list
- Wait for a whole bunch of kid-friendly family travel ideas to pop up.
- Start taking notes for your next adventure -> Bookmark our site so you never lose us.
Our Mission on this Family Travel Website Directory
It’s our goal in life to find and visit the best SUPER DOOPER FUN places and put them in one easy-to-find spot right here.
- We want to help you save time and energy when planning your itinerary.
- We want to save you money. Travel can be expensive. Follow our tips so you don’t waste your precious vacation dollars where you don’t have to.
- We’ll help you SKIP the over-rated, touristy or boring spots that waste your time and holiday money
- We’ll make sure you DON’T skip the best family destinations! (Check out our Toadstool Rating at the end of each post.)
We search for and find the FUN stuff!
- Theme restaurants and restaurants with something extra super (and perhaps unusual) for the kids in the way of menus, cool food to try, entertainment, or things to do.
- Fabulous hotels, holiday parks, guest houses, campgrounds, safari tents… plus anything out of the ordinary that will tickle a kid’s laughter bone or make them gasp in awe.
- Out-of-this-world playgrounds and parks. No boring stuff here – only stuff that your kids (and the inner child in YOU) can’t wait to explore.
- SUPER DOOPER FUN & fabulous things to do. We share theme parks, sneaky and often hidden from view ‘locals-only’ spots, once in a lifetime experiences (such as breakfast with the animals, or a behind-the-scenes look), awesome tours, AND a bunch of stuff that we can’t believe even exists. Fairy tales really do come true.
If you want to build your own itinerary of unique kid-friendly things to do, bookmark this website, then subscribe to our monthly “Family Travel Love Letter” by putting your name and email in the box at the top of the sidebar. (You’ll get super-helpful instant-download FREE printables for family travel too!)
NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
Roam the Gnome was born many centuries ago in a tiny village. Born with itchy feet and a rampant curiosity about the world and one day, his travels brought him to our town.
My little Jack spotted him hiding out in the overgrown bushes behind our house, and invited him in. And that was that. Tired and a little weary of travelling on his own, he made his home with us, and now travels alongside when we head out to explore this magnificent world.
He loves nothing more than a hot cup of tea, and to help plan our next adventure. He’s now truly one of the family.
Building the Ultimate Family Travel Bucket List – Become a “Roaming Gnomie” too.
We do our research to find the good stuff, but we know there’s lots more hidden gems out there, some of which might be close to YOUR town.
Showcase your favourite super-dooper fun spots around your city with our Roam the Gnome readers too. Simply send us a few pics of you and your family exploring, along with a bit of info about the place (what it is, where it is, cost, opening hours etc) and we’ll share it here too.
We ADORE your local’s tips so much!
Join in -> Download our printable RTG doll here.
(Want a bit of guidance on what to look for, photograph, or film? Click here )
ROAM THE GNOME Hash Tags
We have two hashtags you might like to use too.
ROAM THE GNOME Meet Ups
We also love to meet up with readers when we can, so keep an eye on our Instagram for updates.
For now. Adieu. Bon Voyage. Toodle-oo.
Amber, Ned, Jack and Roam the Gnome
Stay in Touch with ROAM THE GNOME
Remember, there’s a few ways to stay in touch with us at Roam the Gnome so you never miss a thing.
- Subscribe to our “Roam the Gnome” Family Travel Blog Family Travel Love Letter HERE.
- Like our Roam the Gnome’s Facebook page HERE.
- Follow us in real time on Instagram here
- Work with us. Read more here about our Family Travel Directory and how we can collaborate.
- Send us an Email to say hi!