- 1 Family Travel Blog
- 2 Hello! Welcome to our Family Travel Blog Directory.
- 3 The Family Travel Blog Directory – Build your own itinerary with our help
- 4 Family Travel Blog Directory – Our Mission
- 5 We find:
- 6 Why a Gnome?
- 7 NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
- 8 Join in- Become a Roaming Gnomie too.
- 9 Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 For now. Adieu. Bon Voyage. Toodle-oo. Xxx
- 11 Remember, there’s a few ways to stay in touch with us at Roam the Gnome so you never miss a thing.
Family Travel Blog
Hello! Welcome to our Family Travel Blog Directory.
I’m Amber, chief writer/video production person/adventurer. Travelling alongside me are my two boys, Ned and Jack. The fellow who accompanies us, the guy in the red hat? That’s Roam the Gnome. He’s our travel mascot and the one who rates all the fun stuff we get up to, along with the boys.
We live in the delightful seaside town of Brunswick Heads, just 10 minutes north of Byron Bay, but are only 45 minutes from the spectacular Gold Coast and 90 minutes from Brisbane. We love this little quirky town – it’s a nice place to come home to, but we LIVE for travel and adventures. At the moment, our travels happen mostly during school holidays, on weekends, and any other chance we get! (Like when we find a special deal we can’t resist! Thanks Jetstar.)
When we are not travelling, I’m writing about our travels, editing video clips about our travels, studying video production and completing a Diploma in Travel, and coming up with fanciful ideas for our book range that will be commence with a first release in 2017.
The Family Travel Blog Directory – Build your own itinerary with our help
Stick around and check out all the amazing adventures that YOU can have around the world too. Just click on a COUNTRY in the top banner, then choose a CITY (or town) from the drop-down list, and wait for a whole bunch of kid-friendly family travel ideas to pop up. Then start taking notes for your next adventure.
Family Travel Blog Directory – Our Mission
It’s our goal in life to find and visit the best SUPER DOOPER FUN places and put them in one easy-to-find spot.
We want to help you save time and energy when planning your itinerary.
We also want to make sure you skip those over-rated spots that are boring, or just not worth the monetary or time investment, so YOUR trip is the best it can be!
Do take note of the Toadstool Rating at the end of each post too.
- Theme restaurants and restaurants with something extra super (and perhaps unusual) for the kids in the way of menus, or things to do.
- Fabulous hotels, holiday parks, guest houses, campgrounds, safari tents… plus anything out of the ordinary that will tickle a kid’s laughter bone or make them gasp in awe.
- Out-of-this-world playgrounds and parks. No boring stuff here- only stuff that your kids (and the inner child in YOU) can’t wait to explore.
- Super dooper fabulous things to do- from theme parks, to breakfast with the animals, a behind-the-scenes look, awesome tours, sneaky and often hidden from view ‘locals-only’ spots, AND a bunch of stuff that we can’t believe even exists. Fairy tales do come true.
If you want to build your own itinerary of unique kid-friendly things to do, then bookmark this page, subscribe to our monthly “Love Letter” by putting your name and email in the box in the sidebar.
Why a Gnome?
Roam the Gnome was born many centuries ago in a tiny Swedish village. As we now know, Roam the Gnome was born with itchy feet and a rampant curiosity about the world and one day, his travels brought him to our town.
NOT your everyday Garden Gnome
Little Jack spotted him hiding out in the overgrown bushes behind our house, and invited him in. And that was that. Tired and a little weary of travelling on his own, he made his home with us and now travels alongside when we head out to explore this magnificent world.
He loves nothing more than a hot cup of tea, and to help plan our next adventure. He’s now truly one of the family.
Join in- Become a Roaming Gnomie too.
We do our research to find good stuff, but we know there’s lots of hidden gems out there.
Showcase the super-dooper fun spots in your city with our Roam the Gnome readers too. Simply send us a few pics of you and your family exploring, along with a bit of info about the place (what it is, where it is, cost, opening hours etc) and we’ll share it here too.
Let’s build our Family Travel Bucket List together right here.
Want a bit of guidance on what to look for, photograph, or film? Visit our ‘Join In’ page for details on how to share your fabulous stuff today.
Our email address: email@example.com
We also love to meet up with readers at cool spots, and we adore your hot tips too.
For now. Adieu. Bon Voyage. Toodle-oo.
Amber, Ned, Jack and Roam the Gnome – Family Travel Blog
Remember, there’s a few ways to stay in touch with us at Roam the Gnome so you never miss a thing.
1/ Subscribe to our “Roam the Gnome” Family Travel Blog Directory monthly love letter HERE.
2. Like our Roam the Gnome’s Facebook page HERE.
3. Follow our Family Travel Blog in real time, follow us on Instagram here
4. Send us an Email to say hi! firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Work with us. Read more here about our Family Travel Directory and how we can collaborate.