- 1 Our Favourite French Shop – Visit the Children’s Department at the Le Bon Marché Department Store
- 2 Looking for a Shopping Mall Paris? There’s no need.
- 3 The Children’s Department, 3rd Floor in this French Shop
- 4 Iconic Parisian Toys in the French Shop – Best shopping in Paris
- 5 Where to Shop in Paris
- 6 Things to do with Kids in Paris – Cultural Insight via the Food Hall
- 7 Kids in Paris + Macarons = Heaven
- 8 The Inside Scoop at this Exclusive French Shop!
- 9 Travel to Le Bon Marche Paris – the Iconic French Shop
- 10 Toadstool Rating.
- 11 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do with Kids in Paris?
Our Favourite French Shop – Visit the Children’s Department at the Le Bon Marché Department Store
For those who love shopping in Paris FOR their children (if not so much WITH those said children), then shopping in Paris’s most famous French Shop, the famed Le Bon Marche is a must-do. Le Bon Marché is arguably the most famous and exclusive department store in Paris. Founded in 1838 and revamped almost completely by Aristide Boucicaut in 1852, it was the first ever modern department store.
“The birth of Le Bon Marché heralded a whole new culture of commerce that included fixed prices, lower margins, home delivery, item exchange, mail order, promotional periods and sales, private concerts, a reading area and much more. This ground-breaking and revolutionary couple had come up with a commercial model that would soon be copied around the globe. The start of 1875 saw the opening of an art gallery. The store served as a free intermediary and facilitator between artists and art lovers.” ( Courtesy of Le Bon Marche Website)
It’s also a French shop famed for it’s architecture and design, and definitely worth a look if you are in the area.
Looking for a Shopping Mall Paris? There’s no need.
This French Shop, Le Bon Marche, has it all! It’s one of the best Department stores in Paris, if not the best? And shopping here is definitely one of the 10 best things to do in Paris on a family vacation.
Of course, as family travellers, we tend to head straight to the kid’s stuff. Don’t you?
The Children’s Department, 3rd Floor in this French Shop
The Children’s Department on the 3rd floor of reveals a fun, light-hearted space selling books, toys and children’s fashion.
Iconic Parisian Toys in the French Shop – Best shopping in Paris
This iconic Paris shopping department store has a carefully curated selection for children includes a eye-popping collection of well made French toys including well known brands like Vilac, Moulin Roty, Djeco, and Petit Collin. There’s a splendid book section as well including plenty of fabulous craft titles.
You won’t find toys like this in many other places and they make beautiful souvenirs, especially for family and friends who love design.
Where to Shop in Paris
But you don’t just come here to shop for kids! The Le Bon Marche French Shop is home to a kaleidoscope of beautiful things to buy.
- Designer brands and luxury goods from the most prestigious companies in the world, including Louis Vuitton, Dior, and Chanel
- Fashion accessories including leather goods, watches, quality and costume jewellery and textile accessories such as scarves
- Men’s suits, sportswear and shoes
- Beauty and cosmetic supplies and pretty lingerie
- Bespoke furniture too!
Things to do with Kids in Paris – Cultural Insight via the Food Hall
While this Paris definitely on the upper end of the spending scale, the graceful and long-standing store deserves a few moments of your time, if only to see the luxurious architecture and then possibly take a detour via the La Grande Epicerie de Paris food hall.
If you love food, do not pass go.[mc4wp_form id=”1416″]
Kids in Paris + Macarons = Heaven
Imagine 30,000 gourmet products from around the globe in one Paris shopping centre.
Rainbow macarons, chocolate truffles, sugar dusted tartes aux fruits made on-site and cakes like this. Over 30,000 items and the four standouts I choose to tell you about are desserts…mmm. I fear that sweet tooths and their children might suffer a lack of restraint here. Best set a limit on what you’ll buy BEFORE you go in. It’s dangerous.
The Inside Scoop at this Exclusive French Shop!
Times and details correct at time of publication.
- 10am to 8pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- 10am to 8.45pm on Thursdays and Fridays
- By Telephone:01.44.39.80.00
- By Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Le Bon Marche Paris – Location
Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche, 24, rue de Sèvres, 75 007 Paris FRANCE
Travel to Le Bon Marche Paris – the Iconic French Shop
- Lines 10 and 12 – Sèvres Babylone station
- Service numbers 39, 63, 68, 70, 83, 84, 87 and 94
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do with Kids in Paris?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.