Children’s museums are on the top of my must-do list when we arrive in a new city. They are always a microcosm of human life, with plenty of hands-on activities to satiate the fussiest of kid travellers.
If you are looking for fun places to visit with kids in LA, go straight to the Zimmer. It’s a riot of colour, fun, ideas and imagination.
Here’s just a quick snapshot of what is in store for the kids.
- Be the star of your own show. Stage your own show at the Mann Theatre. Could this be the start of a journey to achieve your very own Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
- Embrace your inner muso with instruments from across the Globe
- Test your talents on the Giant Tzedakah Pinball game
- Fire up your inner hero when you work at the Foundation Aid and Rescue centre.
- At the discovery airport, you could fly anywhere in the world. Taste foods from al over the world!
- Fill hungry tummies with foods and cuisines from around the globe at the Blue Bagel Café… then meet your friends at the Community Park greenspace.
- Work in the construction zone and build the ‘world of tomorrow’
- Go for a walk through Main Street to shop, read, and potter
- Become water-wise and care for this precious resource
And that’s just a taster. The Zimmer Museum covers two whole floors of fun!
The Inside Scoop
6505 Wilshire Blvd., #100
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: (323) 761-8984
How to get there.
For details of parking, public transport etc, see their website
For a sneak peek inside, watch this little intro vid. It’s a little kooky but cute!