INSIDE: Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground. 2018.
The Hexagonal Scramble Net at the Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground grabbed our attention as we wandered along the Hudson River Greenway on this very cold New York day.
We stopped to play, even though the wind chill factor was high and the kids were freezing. Weather won’t hold back their need to play, jump, run and make new friends.
It’s one thing you quickly learn about traveling with kids.
- 1 Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground
- 2 More Things to Do at Pier 25 New York
- 3 Photos of Hudson River Park Playground
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Pier 25 Playground at Hudson River Park
- 5 Map of Pier 25 Playground at Hudson River Park
- 6 Toadstool Rating- Hudson River Park Playground at Pier 25
- 7 Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground
The Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground is opposite the Tribeca Skate Park, so you can’t miss it.
Centrestage, there’s a giant concrete-rimmed sandpit that is ‘under the sea’ themed.
- Giant standing rocks that double as rock climbing walls
- Toddler Fort with two slides
- Parkour climbing structure
- Spinning wheel
- Boat themed play spaces
- Seesaws and rubber swing platforms
- A separately fenced row of swings including two all-ability swings
More Things to Do at Pier 25 New York
Check out the:
- Beach Volleyball courts
- Free Tribeca Skate Park, a unique street course with a diverse range of terrain including stairs, ledges, and rails that resemble an actual street plaza. Enter at your own risk. This is an unsupervised facility.
- Pier 25 Mini Golf – full size course. Test your skill on the golf stick around waterfalls, streams, pond, foot bridges, sand traps and a cave.
- Visit Historic Ships and Boating vessels berthed at Pier 25. These vessels were used for commerce and transportation.
Photos of Hudson River Park Playground
The Inside Scoop – Pier 25 Playground at Hudson River Park
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars.
**The Hudson River Park Playground at Pier 25 is currently undergoing restoration and will reopen in Summer 2019.**
Address: Pier 25 Playground is at227 West St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: 8am to 6pm
Entry Fees: Free
Map of Pier 25 Playground at Hudson River Park
Disability access: Yes
Ground cover: Rubber soft fall, concrete pathways
Picnic tables: No, but lots of bench seating around the perimeter.
Electric BBQs: No
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes
The Hudson River Park Pier 25 Playground was last reviewed in November 2018.
Toadstool Rating- Hudson River Park Playground at Pier 25
Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.