- 1 Enrol your child to be a Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK – LONDON ZOO.
- 2 Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK Activities may include:
- 3 The Inside Scoop
- 4 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 5 Instagram: Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
- 6 Click here to follow us!
Enrol your child to be a Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK – LONDON ZOO.
Are you visiting London with your animal-mad kids? If you are, you need to know about this one-of-a-kind zoo experience where the kids can become a Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK at the London Zoo. This two day course runs a program for children 8 -10 years old who LOVE animals and who want to go behind the scenes in a world-famous zoo!
Not your everyday experience, the program includes a mix of zoo-themed games, challenges, talks trails AND some zookeeper activities! Children in the course are taught by staff from the Zoo’s education unit. It’s a chance to learn more about their favourite (and not-so-favourite) animals, make friends with other like-minded kids, and create their own Zoo Scrapbook filled with photos, drawings and their impressions of their adventures to take home. All children will receive a commemorative certificate to celebrate their attendance at the course.
Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK Activities may include:
- making personalised name badges and playing ‘icebreaker’ games to meet new kids
- engaging in a Zoo Trail competition – which team will find the most animals?
- watching animals in action. See the extraordinary things they can do!
- handling slithery scaly reptiles if the kids are brave enough
- a visit to the rainforest to meet the monkeys
- crafting time to make their Zoo Scrapbook
- an behind-the-scenes insight into what a Zoo Keeper does all day
- visits to see the penguins, and the squirrel monkeys
- an investigation into bug life
Plus, there’s a special surprise to finish the course!
If this Junior Keeper for the Day UK experience sounds like something your kids would love, don’t delay. Book now. Dates are filling fast!
The Inside Scoop
Junior Zoo Academy courses run for two full days in the half term holidays and six times throughout the summer holidays. Dates are below:
- 11th – 12the August 2016
- 22nd – 23rd August 2016
- 25th – 26th August 2016
- 24th – 25th October 2016 – SOLD OUT!
Course Fees for the Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK – London Zoo
- The cost per child is £205. This covers the cost of the course (including zoo entry), as well as a Junior Zoo Academy t-shirt, a Zoo Scrapbook and a copy of the photos taken during the course. It also includes one free car park pass.
- Lunch is not included. Children will need a packed lunch and a drink bottle as there is no opportunity to visit the cafe.
- Payment instructions and further details will be provided to successful applicants by email. The full payment will be required within a fortnight of this email otherwise your place may be lost. Once payment has been taken, refunds cannot be given.
Apply for the Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK – London Zoo
- To apply for a place on one of the courses, please follow the link below and fill out the online application form. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis. You will be contacted within the week following receipt of your application form. We recommend signing up as quickly as possible as due to limited space on these courses (10 children per program), London Zoo cannot guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
- Apply Now
Did you know that Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK courses also run at Whipsnade Zoo? Age limits for this course are 8 -11 years. To apply for a place on the Junior Zoo Academy at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01582 871514.
- On the days of participation, children need to be dropped off at the beginning of the day into the care of the Education team. Children are under constant supervision throughout the day, including lunch and break times. Children will be returned to the parent meeting point at 3.00pm, and released into the care of the authorised adult stated on the consent form.
- Children must demonstrate exemplary behaviour – towards each other, zoo visitors, the education and keeping staff, as well as our animals! Failure to behave in the expected manner could lead to removal from the course. ZSL reserves the right to remove a participant from the course for unsociable behaviour, endangering themselves and/or others or compromising animal welfare. Please ensure your kids are in the know
- Children will need sensible, comfortable footwear – e.g. sturdy shoes or wellington boots, a light waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers (optional), to be dressed in layers, a hat and sunscreen. Kids may bring a camera with them but the London Zoo takes no responsibility for it.
- Phone: 0344 225 1826
- Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK website
- Email (guest relations): email@example.com
Travel options to the Junior Zoo Keeper for the Day UK experience at London Zoo
- Click here for all your transport options.
LOCATION AND MAP
- Address:Outer Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RY
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
We love to share the SUPER FUN kid-friendly stuff we find around the world, so you can go there too!