La Plancha Bali.
What if you could watch a magical sunset, with a mango lassi or a mai tai in hand, lazing amongst a field of rainbow beanbags on the beach?
- 1 Head on down to La Plancha Bali in Seminyak and join the crowd.
- 2 Check out the La Plancha Menu Bali
- 3 Drinks Menu at La Plancha Beach Bar and Restaurant
- 4 Dessert Options at La Plancha Beach Bali
- 5 4 More Reasons to head to La Plancha Beach Club
- 6 Fun Facts about La Plancha Restaurant
- 7 Our somewhat-sketchy sunset! Better luck next time.
- 8 The Inside Scoop- La Plancha Seminyak Bali
- 9 Toadstool Rating at La Plancha Bali
- 10 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit and things to do in BALI with Kids?
Head on down to La Plancha Bali in Seminyak and join the crowd.
This bright beachside restaurant and bar is a local institution for the hip (and not so hip) set. Head on down late afternoon to grab the best spots.
Hot tip if you are travelling with kids: request a spot in an end-row, so the kids can dig in the sand on the other side of the rope, and run towards the waves. This position is a lifesaver.
It’s also prime position for beach sellers to showcase their wares – everything from enormous helium balloons, to Balinese toys, to FAIRY FLOSS! (Good luck saying NO to that one.)
The La Plancha beanbags on the beach experiences makes it the best sunset spot in Bali.
Check out the La Plancha Menu Bali
The La Plancha menu has tonnes of finger food options (Tapas), and that’s the way to go. Quick bites of mouthwatering La Plancha food is our tip for getting the most out of a visit if you’ve got kids in tow.
- Chicharron – deep fried tun, mahi-mahi, and calamari with a tomato salsa
- Gambas a La Plancha – grilled prawns
- Patatas Bravas – potato cuts with spicy Spanish sauce
- Batatas fritas – sweet potato wedges
- Pollo a la Plancha – grilled chicken
- Tuna tataki – check it out above!
Our beanbag neighbours snacked on raw beef and tuna carpaccio, and we were jealous! Next time.
Tapas dishes start at RP 46,000 for chips, with most dishes around RP 80,000. Not the cheapest beach bar in Bali but one of the most fun for sure.
There’s also sandwiches and burger options for those wanting something a bit bigger, but not as big as a proper main. These come in at under $10 each.
Drinks Menu at La Plancha Beach Bar and Restaurant
Fancy a fabulous glass of something spectacular? There are FIVE signature cocktails at La Planca, and I bet you won’t find it easy to choose.
You’ll also find classic cocktails, sparkling cocktails, spirits and liquors, wine by the glass (or bottle), beer, soft drinks and water of course.
I’m more of a mocktail girl when travelling with the kids, and I’ve never met a strawberry smoothie I don’t like.
For the kids, choose from fresh juices, fruit lassies, milkshakes, and smoothies. These kid-friendly options cost RP 46,000 each. (About $5 AUD)
Dessert Options at La Plancha Beach Bali
What will it be? Chocolate Fondant cake, Cheesecake and strawberry coulis, or decadent nutella crepes with cream. We put our money on Nutella every time.
RP 45,000 – RP 55,000. ($5 – $6 AUD)
Finish up with your usual coffee or tea menu before heading home.
4 More Reasons to head to La Plancha Beach Club
1. La Plancha is not all about the beanbags (although it’s our favourite thing about the place.) Close second is the upstairs seating, and the comfy and colourful lounge area. I mean, this place couldn’t get any cuter.
2. Take note of the Bali beanbags on the beach set up at La Plancha’s Mesari Beach, so you can style the same scene at home. (Check our favourite homewares store – this place has cute Bali home furnishings to help you recreate it)
3. Taste the Croquetas de Pollo (chicken croquettes) balls. My mouth waters at the sound of them. SO good.
4. Everyone is welcome at La Plancha, which is why it’s so good to visit with kids. Good food for the parents, and good fun for everyone. Grab that Instagram selfie. You know you want to!
Fun Facts about La Plancha Restaurant
- La Plancha restaurant and bar pays homage to the gorgeous laidback lifestyles and culture of both Spain and Bali.
- La Plancha was the first of the Seminyak beach restaurants to fuse brightly coloured beanbags together with Balinese umbrellas, and this funky style was an instant hit with people from all around the world.
- The team behind La Plancha hand-painted the up-cycled wood of the building in all colours of the rainbow to reflect the original Spanish Chiringuito.
- The meaning of the words La Plancha is “grilled on a metal plate” – originating in Spain, this type of cooking is like a flat top grill. This method of cooking Spanish-style food is the key to the unique La Plancha menu.
Our somewhat-sketchy sunset! Better luck next time.
The Inside Scoop- La Plancha Seminyak Bali
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
La Plancha Bali address: Jalan Mesari Beach, Seminyak, Kuta, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Website: Book a restaurant table indoors here. Please Note: beachfront beanbag reservations can only be made from 4pm – 5 pm. Outside of these times beanbags are allocated on a first come basis.
Opening Hours: 08:30 am – 12:00 pm
Parking: Limited. See below.
How to get there: By Bluebird taxi, Uber, private car with driver, or scooter/motorbike, or walk from local villas/hotels
Get directions: Click here
Disability access: Difficult.
- Beware. There’s a 10% tax and 5% service charge added to every bill.
- Go early for sunset, around 4.30 – 5pm if you have the kids with you. The queue for a beanbag set up gets crazy long.
La Plancha Bali was last visited in August 2017.
Toadstool Rating at La Plancha Bali
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit and things to do in BALI with Kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.
Indoor photo credits. La Plancha Facebook page.