Lions Park Playground Helensvale QLD.
Active kids who love to clamber and climb will love the challenge of this secret Gold Coast playground.
Tucked away down a road opposite Helensvale shopping mall, you can bet 95% of the people who visit the shops don’t even know about this Pirate-themed hidden treasure, just a few minutes drive away.
We’ve let you in on the secret. Get there before the rest of the town does.
Lions Park Playground in Helensvale.
The main drawcard of this playground is the monster-sized fort with two look-outs, a net-covered bridge walkway, AND a super fast slippery dip. There’s three ways up. Kids can climb either of the spider web nets into one of the forts, or test the stickiness of their feet as they shinny up the inside of the steep slide. The last option can only be attempted when no-one else is coming down!
- a standalone lookout to climb – the perfect place to keep an eye on rogue pirates loitering nearby
- vertical climbing nets and climbing walls
- a cone-shaped roundabout swing
- a toddler fort with a mini slide
- balancing disks to wobble on
- a modern see-saw
- a bumble bee rocker for two
This playground is tops for kids who love Parkour – challenge them to get around via the metal bars, nets, and poles without touching the ground.
Host Family Picnics at this cool Gold Coast Playground
The Lions Park playground at Helensvale is not gated, only fenced on one side, but there’s a buffer of grass and trees between the play equipment and the road, and has low log barriers in front of the carpark.
There’s free bbq’s, a water fountain and a toilet block on site. Bring your friends and family for a picnic, and nab one of three undercover huts with their own picnic tables around the park.
The Inside Scoop – Lions Park Playground Helensvale QLD.
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: The Helensvale Lions Park playground is at 1a Discovery Drive, Helensvale, QLD 4212
Opening Hours: Dawn till dusk
Entry Fees: Free entry
Nearest takeaway coffee: Zarraffa’s coffee is at Westfield shops over the road.
Parking: Small parking area next to park. Street parking also available.
How to get there:
- By car: Take exit 62 towards Gold Coast Hwy – Helensvale South. Turn left at the traffic lights into Discovery Drive. Drive 1.5 km to find the park on your left.
- By train/G link: The Helensvale train station and light rail station is located only 300 meters from the centre. Plan your journey via Translink. From there, catch the bus route 74 to Discovery Drive/Parkes Drive intersection, or walk (2.1 km, 30 mins)
- By bus: Check for bus routes that service Westfield Helensvale QLD and plan your journey via Translink. From there, catch the bus route 74 to Discovery Drive/Parkes Drive intersection, or walk (2.1 km, 30 mins)
Toilets: Toilet block including baby change table is next to the playground zone.
Disability access: Yes
Closest ATM: Westfield Helensvale shopping centre, across the main road, has all the major banks.
Shade: Picnic huts. Playground has tree cover.
Enclosed: Not gated.
Ground cover: Sand under play equipment, concrete pathways, grassy field
Food options: BYO picnic.
Picnic tables: Yes
Electric BBQs: Yes
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes
Dogs: Yes, on leash
Notes/Guest relations/Hot tips:
This playground was last visited in December 2017.
Toadstool Rating – Gold Coast Playgrounds in Helensvale QLD
Good playground if you are in the area.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do on the Gold Coast with kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.