INSIDE: A sneak peek at Lobley Park Ipswich Airport Playground in Brisbane.
DO NOT MISS this fun Airport themed playground in Ipswich!
Roam the Gnome, and the boys did not want to leave.
Take your kids and enjoy a day at one of the best Ipswich Playgrounds.
- 1 Airport Playground in Ipswich
- 2 Best Playgrounds in Ipswich
- 3 Control Tower at Lobley Park
- 4 Story Telling & Imaginative Play at Lobley Park
- 5 The Inside Scoop – Airport Playground at Lobley Park Ipswich
- 6 Map of Lobley Park in Ipswich
- 7 Toadstool Rating – Fun Playgrounds in Ipswich QLD
- 8 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Ipswich and Brisbane with kids?
Airport Playground in Ipswich
The Lobley Park Airport themed playground in Ipswich has an Aeronautical Playspace with a Control Tower and a RAAF Cargo Plane.
- Control the aircraft via the the flight control system
- Operate the aircraft landing gear, increase the engine power using the throttle
- Switch off the circuit breakers, check the overhead panels, and make sure there’s enough fuel!
- Discuss the flight paths with your co-pilot
- Drive cargo in through the back entrance.
- Dance on the wings
- Sky dive into the atmosphere off the slide that sits on the wing!
There’s a slide, and a rope net on the two-storey control tower too.
Best Playgrounds in Ipswich
Lobley Park is one of the best playgrounds in Ipswich for kids of all ages, including toddlers.
There’s more to it than airplanes too.
There’s a storytelling stage, with seats for an audience. On rainy days, move this storytelling to the multicoloured rotunda. It makes for a great picnic spot too.
Kids can play on a spider web swing, a giant scramble rope and enjoy swings including a all-abilities swing.
We say pop this playground on your list of fun places to go in Ipswich with kids.
BYO snacks, drinks, and hats.
Control Tower at Lobley Park
Story Telling & Imaginative Play at Lobley Park
The Inside Scoop – Airport Playground at Lobley Park Ipswich
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Lobley Park Ipswich is located within Queens Park, Milford Street in Ipswich. Alternative entrance: Goleby Avenue, Ipswich
Telephone: General enquiries (07) 3810 6666
Website: Click here
- Sunrise to sunset
Entry Fees: Free entry
How to get there:
- By Bus: Daily bus connections are available from the Brisbane Transit Centre in Brisbane. For more information contact the centre on 3236 2020.
- By Car: Lobley Park is 10 minutes drive (4.5km) via Warwick Road from Queens Park. The Ipswich Motorway links Ipswich to Brisbane. (approx 40 minutes). The Logan Motorway links Ipswich to the Gold Coast and Pacific Highway from New South Wales, along with the Gateway Motorway from Brisbane Airport and Sunshine Coast.
- By Train: The Brisbane Citytrain network provides regular connections from Ipswich to Brisbane and connections to the Gold and Sunshine Coast rail lines.
Parking: For best access to the Airport themed playground, park off Lobb Street.
Map of Lobley Park in Ipswich
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: BYO picnic and drinks.
Disability access: Yes. Limited. There are stairs to the Airport control tower, and rotunda.
Shade: Trees. Some shade structures.
Enclosed: Semi-fenced. Keep an eye on the kids when you leave.
Ground cover: Rubber soft fall, concrete pathways, grassy field
Picnic tables: Yes
Electric BBQs: Yes
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes
Dogs: On leash.
Lobley Park Ipswich was last reviewed in October 2018
Toadstool Rating – Fun Playgrounds in Ipswich QLD
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Ipswich and Brisbane with kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.