- 1 SPECIAL OFFER: BOOK 2 CHILD TICKETS ON ANY AUGUST LONDON ZOO BEDBUGS SLEEPOVER AND RECEIVE 1 FREE ADULT TICKET!
- 2 What kind of fun will happen at the London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover with Kids
- 3 Watch out for…
- 4 The Inside Scoop
- 5 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 6 Instagram: Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
- 7 Click here to follow us!
SPECIAL OFFER: BOOK 2 CHILD TICKETS ON ANY AUGUST LONDON ZOO BEDBUGS SLEEPOVER AND RECEIVE 1 FREE ADULT TICKET!
Would your kids LOVE the idea of sleeping overnight in the BIG BUG HOUSE at London’s ZSL Zoo? Are they aged 7 – 11 years old?
If so, your family is in luck. It’s a SUPER FUN thing you really can do. The London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover.
Your family group will sleep in the B.U.G.S! (Biodiversity Underpinning Global Survival) biodiversity and conservation exhibit, surrounded by over 140 species of backbone-less bugs and creepy crawlies such as insects, spiders, and millipedes. But just for fun, they’ve thrown in a few few mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish to keep things interesting. Luckily, none of these bugs have ever escaped… yet! So hopefully, your experience won’t be itchy or scratchy but SUPER FUN!
What kind of fun will happen at the London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover with Kids
- Explore the zoo by torchlight and wake up to the sounds of the animals.
- Fun games
- Imaginative story-telling
- Keeper talks – all animal themed of course!
- AND Breakfast of course!
- Everyone attending the London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepoever bunks in with everyone else but boys and girls sleep in separate areas. (Hot tip: Read the FAQs regarding sleeping arrangements before you book.)
Watch out for…
- The amazing leaf cutter ant nest at the entrance, walking out on their ropes where you can see them carrying leaves many times their own weight, right before your eyes (please don’t touch!)
- Huge locust swarm display
- Cockroach sink (yeuch!)
- Micrarium for miniature wildlife, like brine shrimps and Daphnia
- Giant orb spiders on their webs
- Cave crickets (look into the bubble if you dare…)
- Weird naked mole rats in their underground tunnels
- Incredibly beautiful moon jellyfish tank
- See directly into the hive of our Honeybees
- Discover why maggots are useful…
- See Bali starlings in their aviary, only a handful of which survive in the wild
- Spot our cute little rare Golden mantella frogs
- Polynesian tree snail breeding room, many species of which are extinct in the wild
The Inside Scoop
Experience Entry Fees and Inclusions
The London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover with Kids costs £75 (per child), £75 (per accompanying adults) and £67.50 (ZSL members).Full payment is required at the time of booking. Price includes:
- Full day entry into ZSL London Zoo (on day of departure)
- Free car parking (for night of sleepover and day of departure)
- All activities and exclusive tours during sleepover (visit The Experience page)
- Accommodation in BUGS for the night
- Breakfast (usually pastry, piece of fruit, yogurt and drink)
- Experienced hosts who will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience
- Goody bags for all children
- Children need to be aged 7 – 11 year olds.
- 60 places are available per sleepover. BedBUGS will run on selected dates April – November.
- All participants will sleep in BUGS, but boys and girls have separate sleeping areas. For this reason, please ensure the following is adhered to:
1. For an all-girl group, you will need 1 female adult for every 5-6 children
2. For an all-boy group you will 1 female or male adult for every 5-6 children
3. For a mixed sex group you will need 2 female adults or 1 female and 1 male adult for every 5-9 children
4. Female adults may sleep on either side of the gallery however male adults may only sleep in the male area of BUGS.
What to bring to the London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover with Kids
- Clothes to sleep in or pyjamas.
- Sleeping bag and a pillow
- Camping mat
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- An evening snack and drink
- A torch
- Jacket or heavy jumper for the night tour (if it rains, we will supply the children with waterproof ponchos. Adults will need to bring their own).
- An extra blanket if the weather is cool. (September – November)
- An evening snack and drink per person. Please eat dinner before arriving at the zoo as the evening break will not be until approximately 20:15pm.
- Please do not bring items of financial or sentimental value, inflatable mattresses or camp beds.
- Phone: 0344 225 1826 to discuss any queries you may have.
- London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover with Kids Website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for travel options to London Zoo Bedbugs Sleepover for Kids
Location and Map
- Address: London Zoo, Regent’s Park London NW1 4RY UK.
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
We love to share the SUPER FUN kid-friendly stuff we find around the world, so you can go there too!
Image credits: ZSL London Zoo.