INSIDE: The Best Zoo Sleepovers UK? Book a safari tent at London Zoo. Updated 2019.
Hear the Lions Roar at the London Zoo Safari Sleepover!
Looking for THE BEST special treat for your animal-mad kids when you head to London?
We’ve found it. A night at the zoo.
Brand-new for 2016, the London Zoo Safari Sleepover at the Gir Lion Lodge is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to stay overnight within earshot of four roaring lions!
Can you imagine how excited the kids would be about that?
It’s not a room with a view, it’s a room with a Zoo!
- 1 The Ultimate London Zoo Sleepover at this London Zoo Hotel
- 2 London Zoo Accommodation at this Overnight Zoo Stay UK
- 3 Stay at London Zoo Safari Lodges
- 4 What to bring – Your Ideal Sleepover Packing Checklist
- 5 The Inside Scoop – London Zoo overnight stay at GIR Lion Lodge
- 6 Prices for Family Nights London Zoo Safari Sleepover
- 7 How to get to London Zoo Lodges
- 8 Map of London Zoo Overnight Accommodation
- 9 Toadstool Rating (by the kids) – London Zoo Sleepovers UK
- 10 Looking for MORE FUN THINGS TO DO in London with Kids?
- 11 Subscribe
- 12 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
The Ultimate London Zoo Sleepover at this London Zoo Hotel
The Gir Lion Lodge is the location for the Safari Sleepover at London Zoo.
Tucked away within the new Land of the Lions development, you and the kids will sleep in bespoke luxury lodges inspired by the charming hotels you’d find in the area of the lion’s native Gir Forest in India.
You’ll be fed too!
Enjoy a lip-smacking 2-course dinner, AND full English breakfast, included as part of your stay.
But the most important part of the experience are the exclusive tours at this zoo overnight stay.
You’ll head out at sunset by torchlight, and again early morning before the zoo opens and be taken behind the scenes of London Zoo by happy hosts.
These knowledgable folk from Regents Park Zoo can’t wait to share a bunch of fun facts and insights into the zoo’s wildlife, and to show you animals that are up at night, and other animals that wake up at night!
London Zoo Accommodation at this Overnight Zoo Stay UK
Details of your London Zoo Safari Sleepover.
- One night’s accommodation for two people (and up to two children aged 5-13 years on family nights) in a twin or a double lodge
- Complimentary drink on arrival
- A delicious two-course buffet dinner
- A full English Breakfast with continental options
- THREE exclusive tours led by passionate wildlife-loving hosts (one at sunset, one after dark, and another in the early morning)
- Free car parking
- Two days free entry to ZSL London Zoo (or first day ZSL London Zoo, and second day to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo)
- Discounts to book “Keeper for the Day” and “Meet the animals” experiences
The highlight of the experience is the private viewing tours featuring a surprise mix of animals, lots of facts about London zoo animals and interesting stories from behind-the-scenes.
You can arrive at ZSL London Zoo anytime from 10am on your day of arrival.
When you stay at London Zoo, you can check in to the Lodges is between 4.30pm – 6pm.
The first tour begins at 6.15pm so you need to be there by 6pm at the latest.
Stay at London Zoo Safari Lodges
There are nine themed safari lodges available; five of them have double beds and four have twin beds.
Each sleepover lodge can accommodate two adults, or 2+2 persons on family nights.
Their decorative touches are inspired by hotels found near the Gir forest in the lion’s native home of Gujarati. Each lodge features a different animal.
Each colourful lodge is a haven of restfulness on the inside with:
- Comfy beds with soft linen and pillows
- En-suite with toilet, basin and shower (NB: towels are supplied)
- Bedside table
- Sofa bed
- Lights, a heater, and two power sockets to recharge your camera batteries!
- Private veranda with seating for relaxing
- Hair dryer, plus toiletries including shampoo, conditioner
- Tea and coffee making facilities
What to bring – Your Ideal Sleepover Packing Checklist
Bring a change of clothes, shoes, pyjamas, dressing gown and slippers, toiletries, your camera, phone and charger, and a bottle of your favourite tipple.
The Inside Scoop – London Zoo overnight stay at GIR Lion Lodge
Address: The London Zoo Safari Lodges are located on the Outer Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RY
Telephone: 0344 225 1826
Website: London Zoo Safari Sleepover Website
Email (guest relations): firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices for Family Nights London Zoo Safari Sleepover
Prices start from £378.00 per lodge, for 2 full paying guests at this glamping zoo hotel.
On family nights, up to two extra children aged 5-13 years old can sleep on sofa bed for an extra £40 a night.
Please note: A maximum of one adult and three children, or two adults and two children are welcome in each lookout lodge. Children 14-years old or over are classified as adults.
The Zoo Sleepovers UK experience runs six nights a week at this place, with designated family-friendly nights and adults-only nights to ensure each stay is specially tailored to its guests.
Book your London Safari hotel stay:
- Check availability and book your family stay here. (Check F for family on the calendar)
How to get to London Zoo Lodges
Click here for travel options to London Zoo Safari Sleepovers UK. Includes details for ZSL London Zoo parking.
Map of London Zoo Overnight Accommodation
Toadstool Rating (by the kids) – London Zoo Sleepovers UK
Looking for MORE FUN THINGS TO DO in London with Kids?
Click the blue links below:
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory