Giant pandas, red pandas, alligators, jellyfish, giant salamanders, plus a GRAND aquarium and goldfish!
At Ocean Park Hong Kong toddlers are their ideal guest, full of vitality and exuberance and not afraid to squeal with delight when seeing these animals up close and personal.
Ocean Park also has interactive shows AND fun transport to get around the park. But if you are after kid-friendly rides at Ocean Park Hong Kong toddlers have plenty!
- 1 Visit Ocean Park Hong Kong
- 2 Ocean Park Hong Kong for Toddlers
- 3 Ocean Park Shows
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Ocean Park Hong Kong
- 5 Opening Hours & Entry Fees
- 6 How to get to Ocean Park in Hong Kong
- 7 Guest Facilities at Ocean Park Theme Park
- 8 World Schooling – teaching your kids as you travel!
- 9 Eat and Drink
- 10 Our Top Tips for Ocean Park Hong Kong
- 11 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Visit Ocean Park Hong Kong
Take the opportunity to meet Australian animals including koalas and wallabies, journey deep underwater to see sharks, sawfish, rays and the zebra shark with leopard-like spots, explore the North and South poles and meet walruses, arctic foxes, and penguins, spot the world’s smallest monkey and the world’s smallest toucan in the rainforest from aboard a raft, and visit the world’s largest aquarium dome.
Ocean Park Hong Kong for Toddlers
These are the best rides for toddlers at Ocean Park Hong Kong.
- Elegant Balloon Carousel Ride that goes up and down (for ages 1 +) “Balloons Up Up and Away”
- “Bouncer House” Jumping Castle
- “Clown Around” Lady Bug Roundabout Ride (for ages 2 -11)
- Sea Life Carousel
- “Toto the Loco” train ride
- Whiskers Harbour Playground
- Ocean Park Tower
- Ocean Express via the Ocean Express Station (a 4 minute-ride that replicates a fantastical underwater journey in a submarine. Creatures of the deep make surprising appearances along the way, turning this 1.3 kilometre trip into an adventure.
- Cable Car (Hot tip: Catch the Ocean Express up and the Cable Car down, or vice versa.)
Tip: Whiskers Harbour
Whiskers Harbour is the centre of most of the toddler ride activity you will need.
Start elsewhere with animal shows and save this destination for when the kids need a run. Say hello to the Talking Tree when you are there too.
PS: The park is located on the southern side of Hong Kong Island. Expect hills! The Waterfront (lower park) and The Summit areas are connected by the Cable Car and Ocean Express funicular train.
Ocean Park Shows
- Whiskers Theatre is the spot to watch explorations of the marine world. There’s a day in the life of Sea Lions, where you’ll meet them in person, and a sing and dance extravaganza where Ocean Park mascots take your family on a world school adventure, learning about ocean conservation while having SUPER fun! (Ocean Heroes is the name of this show.)
- Emperors of the Sky is a bird show about conservation hosted at the Amazing Bird Theatre. You’ll see extraordinary birds of prey up close while learning how to protect these birds and their habitats. Keep an eye out for the brightly coloured Macaw!
- At Ocean Theatre, you’ll meet ocean animals in person during this fun and interactive show. It’s a real laugh-a-minute adventure!
- Keep an eye out for roving entertainment and pop-up shows too.
- We also suggest popping into Old Hong Kong. It’s incredible to see what Hong Kong was like in the 1950’s to 70’s.
- In Aqua City, stop by Symbio, a multi-sensory show featuring the world’s first 360-degree water screen
The Inside Scoop – Ocean Park Hong Kong
Address: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong Island
Phone: (852) 3923 2323
Website: Click here
Email guest relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours & Entry Fees
- 10am to 6pm. (8pm on weekends)
- $HK 385 for adults (approx $70 AUD), $HK195 for children aged 3 -11 (approx $35 AUD). Children under 3 are FREE!
- Buy tickets at the gate or online.
- If you want to plan your visit, download a map of the park here.
How to get to Ocean Park in Hong Kong
The Citybus Route 629 runs daily from Admiralty MTR Station or Central (Star Ferry).
The bus fares are HK$10.6 for adults and HK$5.3 for children (aged 4-11). Express Route 629A operates fromOcean Park to Causeway Bay (near Times Square) and Central (omit Admiralty). The journey takes approximately 25 minutes.
Guest Facilities at Ocean Park Theme Park
- Child Wristband – grab one for free at Guest Relations. The dual functioned wristband enables you to write down contact details on it and helps us reunite you with your child in case he/she is lost in the Park. This wristband also records your child’s height to provide a hassle-free ride experience for your child.
- Baby Care Room – Located throughout the park. they are equipped with baby changers, bottle warmers and feeding seats.
- Lockers, strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent. The Rental Fee for a single stroller is HK$100 per day, plus a HK$100 refundable security deposit. Lockers are HK$10 per hour, maximum four hours
World Schooling – teaching your kids as you travel!
- Take the Blue Hero Mission family-oriented challenge that takes guests to every corner of Ocean Park. Learn about conservation in a fun way while earning stickers and a Blue Hero souvenir badge once you’ve completed your mission. Learn more here.
- Watch a video and learn about the Panda Breeding program at Ocean Park
- Ocean Park has stopped automatically giving out straws (now only on request) as part of their mission to help keep plastic debris out of our landfills and seas. Good move, OP!
- Ocean Park Hong Kong is committed to promoting and supporting animal conservation in Hong Kong and throughout Asia. Part of the proceeds from admission tickets and some retail items will go towards the Ocean Park Conservation Foundation Hong Kong to support wildlife conservation projects.
Eat and Drink
- Do not miss Panda dumplings at the Panda cafe!
- For a unique experience, visit Tuxedos Restaurant where you can enjoy your meal while watching 70 penguins frolic on ice.
- Neptune’s Restaurant offers Hong Kong’s first aquarium dining experience!
- There’s also a bakery and a number of cafes on site.
Our Top Tips for Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Ocean Park has FREE WIFI!
- Get the Ocean Park APP here. Here’s why!
1. Virtual Guided Tour – Enjoy location video and audio as you explore animal exhibits for a more fun and in-depth visit! Available in the Grand Aquarium, Amazing Asian Animals, Shark Mystique and Hong Kong Jockey Club Sichuan Treasures, Marine Mammal Breeding and Research Centre and Chinese Sturgeon Aquarium – Yangtze Exploration
2. Pick your three favourite attractions among 9 specified attractions (Grand Aquarium, Ferris Wheel, Raging River, Shark Mystique, South Pole Spectacular, The Dragon, The Rapids, Mine Train & Abyss) and the app will help reserve the visit time for you to avoid long queues!
3. eCoupon – Access amazing discounts and privileges throughout the park! DISCOUNTS. YES. We love anything that helps our family travel budget.