- 1 Old Spitalfields Market London – Plus Trinkets and Tasteful Thingamajigs!
- 2 Handmade and Quirky
- 3 The Inside Scoop
- 4 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 5 Instagram: Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
- 6 Click here to follow us!
Old Spitalfields Market London – Plus Trinkets and Tasteful Thingamajigs!
We headed to Old Spitalfields Market London on our way out to Brick Lane Markets and the Cereal Killer cafe. The Old Spitalfields Market London is housed in a renovated and covered Victorian market hall with restaurants and boutiques, fashion and vintage stalls. Did you know there has been a market on this site for over 350 years? But now the Fruits and Veg have moved to the NEW Spitalfields Markets in Leyton, leaving this site for more elegant and refined wares!
Handmade and Quirky
While the market itself was smallish, the quality of the stalls on offer made up for that. There was lots of handmade items from local creators and makers, plus kooky takes on t-shirts and fashion. Our pick was the Mr Beard and Mr Nerd tshirts we found!
This would be the spot for a light breakfast before spending an hour browsing around. Lookout for homewares, fashion and jewellery, plus all sorts of eclectic extras; organic food, leather bags, furniture, freshly baked bread, cupcakes… ( Here’s a list of the stalls you might find.)
But save room for the delicious curries and salads over on Brick Lane.
The Inside Scoop
Opening Hours & Entry Fees
- Open seven days a week but Sunday is the BIG one with over 100 stalls, plus shops and food outlets.
- FREE entry
- For details of what market is open on other days, click here.
- Phone: +44 20 7375 2963
- The Old Spitalfields Market London is Located just five minutes’ walk from Liverpool Street Station.
Location and Map
- Address: Horner Square, Spitalfields, London E1 6EW, United Kingdom
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Not a lot for the kids to do, but I did buy them a delightful hand-knitted woollen short scarf each here. Instant hipsters they were!
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome