Step back in time at this unexpected retro arcade game hall, Piccolo Slalom, in Park Villa Borghese, Rome.
Park Villa Borghese, or Villa Borghese in Rome, as most people call it, is not one of Rome’s ‘must-do’ tourist attractions but we think it should be on the list, especially if you are travelling with kids. We love it so much we wrote a story about the top 10 things to do at Park Villa Borghese with kids!
My boys, and Roam the Gnome, thought this place was ‘epic’. A smallish hall filled chocka-block with retro-style pinball machines, and coin-operated amusement rides, all surrounding a miniature electric-powered car racetrack. My seven year old was in heaven!
Be sure to have LOTS of Euro. They only take cash, although are happy to exchange the cash for the tokens you’ll need to ride and play.
Want to bet that your kids join mine in naming this place in the “The Kids Top 10 List of the Best Things to Do in Rome’?
The Inside Scoop
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates.
- The Games Arcade opens mid-morning and stays open till late afternoon, or sunset.
Entry Fees and How to Book:
- Admission to the Park Villa Borghese is free. Attractions and rides in the Games Arcade are pay-per-play or pay-per-ride.
- Phone: Servizio Giardini 06 6710 9312 – 06 6710 9315
Location and Map:
Address: Piazzale Napoleone I. Piccolo Slalom is located across from Cinema dei Piccoli,
Entry points: Via Aldrovandi, Via Raimondi (2 inputs), Via Pinciana (2 inputs), Piazzale San Paulo, Piazzale Flaminio, Piazzale Cervantes
- 5 -10 minutes walk uphill from the Spanish Steps, and Piazza Del Popolo.
- Metro Line A (Flaminio and Spain) stops
- FS station (Rome-Viterbo) to Piazzale Flaminio
- Bus stops in via Fiorello La Guardia and square S. Paulo: 490,495,89,160,61
- Bus stops in via Pinciana height Galleria Borghese: 223, 910, 53, 63, 83, 92, 360.
By Taxi or Uber
- Villa Borghese is easily accessible by taxi or uber.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to visit in Rome?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.