Take the The Peak Tram from the Lower Terminus to Victoria Peak at 554 metres high, see the most spectacular view of Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour from anywhere in the city.
Even if it is foggy or overcast, the Peak Tram itself is a fun ride.
Be sure to sit on the right side facing forward to capture the best views as you weave through forests before arriving at the Peak Tower.
Trams depart every 10-15 minutes.
Visit Hong Kong’s most popular attraction!
Located also at the Garden Road Peak Tram Lower Terminus is The Peak Tram Historical Gallery. It’s a time tunnel with more than 200 memorabilia exhibited across 15 theme sections, taking you back to Hong Kong in the 19th and 21st century.
The Peak Hong Kong
At the top, the view is only ONE of the attractions. At the Peak Hong Kong Things to Do at the top include:
- Go for a 40 minute bushwalk on a mountain track through the Victoria Peak gardens to the summit. At the top, you can circumnavigate around the peak too, a walk of about another 60 minutes. Bring the Ergo.
- Visit the Peak Tower. At 396 metres above sea level, The Peak Tower is one of the most stylish and recognisable architectural icons in Hong Kong. Inside, you’ll find a whole lot of entertainment options including the Sky Terrace 428 and other options below.
- Visit the Sky Terrace 428 (daily from 10am to 11pm (Mon – Fri) 8am to 11pm (Sat, Sun & Public Holiday). Named in honour of standing at 428 metres above sea level, the Sky Terrace the highest viewing platform in Hong Kong offering a stunning 360-degree panoramic view across the Hong Kong. The “Hong Kong Sky Tour” is a personal and interactive touch screen audio tour available in six languages. Visitors can explore Hong Kong’s architecture, neighborhoods, cuisine, culture and history while enjoying the spectacular views of Hong Kong Skyline at the top of Hong Kong. This audio tour is included in your entry ticket.
- Visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (daily from 9am to 10pm) inside the Tower.
- Visit the Trick Eye Museum – Shop No.1 on Level 3 The Peak Galleria 118 Peak Road Hong Kong. (daily from 10 am to 10pm). Trick Eye Museum is an interactive museum where one can become an actor, director and a photographer. Trick Eye Museum features oversized optical illusion paintings and installations that trick both your eyes and the camera lens. Paintings on plain surfaces come alive through the use of optical illusions.
- Stuff yourselves with Seafood at Bubba Gumps (kitsch but fun!)
- Watch locals flying Chinese kites from the summit
- Let the kids loose on the Mount Austin Playground
- Wander round the Chinese Gardens
The Inside Scoop on the Peak Hong Kong Things to Do
Address: 128 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
Phone: (852) 2522 0922
The Peak Tram Opening Hours & Entry Tickets
- Open daily from 7am to midnight.
- All tickets are sold at Garden Road Peak Tram Lower Terminus or appointed travel agents.
- Board at Lower Terminus on 33 Garden Road.
Prices: (effective from Jan 1st, 2015)
- Peak Tram Sky Pass ( Peak Tram and Sky Terrace) Adult return HK$83 Child (3-11 years) return HK$40 Adult single HK$71 Child single HK$33
- Peak Tram only. Adult return HK$40 Child return HK$18 Adult single HK$28 Child single HK$11
- Children under 3 FREE!
Our Top Secret Tips
- CLICK HERE for a DISCOUNT pass via Klook (or Combo pass of your choice to Peak Tram, Sky Terrace, and Madam Tussauds/Trick Eye)
- Thinking about a family trip to Hong Kong? Click here to find ALL the family-friendly info you’ll need on ground transportation, places to stay, where to eat, and SUPER DOOPER fun things to do!