Finding the right place to eat out with kids is a daily consideration when travelling. There are some places that ARE kid-friendly, and others that pretend to be, but are really not.
The Pizza Express chain of restaurants does a decent job of catering to kids, but also providing delicious food to adults.
Take a look!
Pizza Express Hong Kong
The kids will love the Piccolo pizza or pasta/drink/dessert combo (and so will you – the kids will actually eat the food you buy, which is always a bonus when travelling). I mean how can they resist pizza, a juice or softdrink, and nutella dough balls or vanilla ice cream for dessert? The lucky ducks finish their meal with a BAMBINOCCINO, that’s a chocolate cappuccino without the coffee to you and me.
They will also find the ‘fun activity at the table’ offering to be better than normal.
For mums and dads, the menu is a little more tempting. How about a PEKING DUCK pizza with spiced duck, hoisin sauce, chilli, spring onions, cucumber but no tomato, or the SPAGHETTI AL GRANCHIO with Crab, garlic, parsley, chilli flakes, white wine, lemon oil, wedge of lemon. Hungry yet?
You can order a serve of the warm dough balls with nutella too. You don’t even have to share with the kids because they have their own! Book a table now.
The essential insider info
Pizza Express has 23 outlets around Hong Kong.
We LOVED the quick service, friendly staff, reasonable prices, and the fact it is one step up from “fast food” with table dining, proper cutlery and glass cups.
World Schooling – Learn a little while you eat!
The Pizza Express “Fun Book” is filled with interactive games and activities including:
• An ‘Order Pad’ so that kids can write their own order and the Chef can make the right pizza for them.
• An opportunity to be a Pizzaiolo and make their own pizza on the page with ‘ingredient’ stickers supplied – tomato, ham, capsicum (red/green peppers), olives, cheese, onion, prawns and mushrooms!
• Colouring pages
• A Word search
• A Pepe’s Dinner maze box
• Match the famous cities on the map with the name sticker
• Dress up the characters with accessory stickers (hats, flowers, hair ties, crowns, sunglasses etc)
Our Top Secret Tips for Pizza Express Hong Kong
• If you’ll be dining at Pizza Express in Hong Kong more than once, kids can join the Pizza Express Junior Club. There’s a membership card, a Pizza Express welcome voucher, special offers, a birthday gift, news and invitations to club activities too. Sign up online at www.pizzaexpress.com/hk/juniorclub (Enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
• When your family dines at Pizza Express Hong Kong, remember to grab a stamp for every Piccolo meal. After six stamps, your next Piccolo meal is free!
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
The Inside Scoop
Thinking about a trip to Hong Kong? Here’s a link to find ALL the information you need to know, in one place.