INSIDE: Planet Chill Ice Skating in Surfers Paradise.
Escape the heat of summer. Head to Planet Chill Ice Skating at Paradise Resort in Surfers Paradise for a few hours of REAL icy fun.
- 1 Planet Chill Ice Skating
- 2 Family Disco Nights at Planet Chill
- 3 Things to do on Rainy Days on the Gold Coast
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Planet Chill Gold Coast
- 5 Location Map of Planet Chill Ice Skate Rink
- 6 Toadstool Rating – Planet Chill Surfers Paradise
- 7 Looking for More Things to Do on the Gold Coast with Kids?
Planet Chill Ice Skating
Book in for an iceskating session (or two) at Planet Chill ice skating rink.
Kids 3 and up, and their parents, can join in a two-hour session. There’s helpful penguins on standby to help beginner skaters and younger kids. They are free to use too.
- Skate, fall down, get back up again, and groove to funky disco music. You can even play DJ and pick your favourite songs.
- Join in a game of ice hockey if can stand up long enough.
- Head to the tables in the Chill Out zone for a snack, and to do some colouring in when kids need a break.
- Teens will love the Chill Zone full of fun arcade games such as air hockey, foos ball and snowboarding, and lounges to watch the action.
Family Disco Nights at Planet Chill
Grab your skates and join the fun in Planet Chill at the “Family Disco” nights. Running from 6 to 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays, there’s prizes to be won and games including ice-hockey and marco polo.
Things to do on Rainy Days on the Gold Coast
Looking for things to do on a rainy day in Surfers Paradise? This all-weather attraction is the place to go.
Bookings essential. (See below)
Skates and helmets included in the price.
Be the DJ and choose the music!
The Inside Scoop – Planet Chill Gold Coast
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in ** dollars.
Address: Planet Chill is located inside Paradise Paradise Resort Gold Coast, on the 2nd floor above reception. The address is 122 Ferny Avenue Surfers Paradise.
Telephone: 1800 074 111
Opening Hours: Check the website for scheduled two-hour sessions. These change daily.
- $20 per skater aged three to adult.
- Spectators free.
- Children 0-2years of age are not permitted on the ice. Children 5 years and under must be accompanied on the ice by a skating adult.
- Purchase 3 tickets, get one free.
- Sessions are limited to 50 people so prebook to avoid disappointment.
- Buy Planet Chill Ice Skating tickets here.
How to get there:
- By Tram: Planet Chill is located approx 280 metres (4min walk) from the Surfers Paradise North light rail station.
- Undercover car parking is available at the resort for $15* per car per day however spaces are limited and often reserved by resort guests. Parking permits can be purchased based on availability through reception only upon arrival and must be clearly displayed on the dashboard at all times. Failure to display a valid permit may result in your car being towed at your own expense.
- The next closest public car-park is approximately 600 metres away on the corner of Cyrpress Avenue. Paid parking charges apply.
Location Map of Planet Chill Ice Skate Rink
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: BYO snacks.
Toilets: Yes including baby change table
- Planet Chill is open to the public. (All other attractions at Paradise Resort are for in-house guests only)
- Bring a jumper and long pants. Planet Chill at Paradise Resort is cold.
- Socks are required and must be worn with the skates. Our smallest skates are a Junior size 12.
- For sizes smaller we do have a special strap on skate that has 2 blades and are great for balance. Closed in shoes must be worn with the strap on skates otherwise entry on to the ice will not be permitted.
Planet Chill Surfers Paradise was last reviewed in ..
Toadstool Rating – Planet Chill Surfers Paradise
Looking for More Things to Do on the Gold Coast with Kids?
Click the blue links below: (More coming soon)
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.