Pocket Wifi Rental Japan.
Two years ago, on a trip to Japan, I left my internet access up to the Gods, and relied upon free wifi. Despite Japan being one of the world’s most connected countries, known for it’s advanced technological status, free wifi was impossible to find or access, and my Instagram game suffered.
One year ago, I left my Japan Wifi Rental to the last minute, and picked up a pocket wifi modem at Narita Wifi Rental in Terminal Three.
The Pocket Wifi Rental was reliable, functional, and kept me connected 24/7 for our trip. I couldn’t fault it, except for the price. Around $12 AUD per day. It quickly adds up, but for a last minute solution, it’s better than nothing.
This year, on a kid-free trip to Japan with my crafty girlfriends, I put on my clever hat. Want to know what I did? Read on!
- 1 Pocket Wifi Rental Japan is Easy with This Company
- 2 Pocket Wifi Rental is essential in Japan
- 3 Best Pocket Wifi Japan?
- 4 Three Easy Steps to Order a Pocket Wifi Modem for Portable Wifi Japan
- 5 More reasons to choose Wilh-ma Cheap Pocket Wifi
- 6 The 5-Step Japan Portable Wifi Rental Process with Wilh-Ma
- 7 Book now!
- 8 The Inside Scoop – Wilh-ma Portable Wifi Device Rental
- 9 Toadstool Rating – Pocket Wifi Rental Japan.
- 10 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in TOKYO with kids?
Pocket Wifi Rental Japan is Easy with This Company
I organised my mobile wifi in Japan before I left home. It was the most hassle-free travel experience I’ve ever had. Take my tip and organise your pocket wifi device before you leave Australia too.
Thank me later!
Pocket Wifi Rental is essential in Japan
Heading to Japan in the near future? Our tip: do not go without your own portable wifi device.
A pocket wifi device is a life-saver, especially when finding free wifi is not so easy.
In Japan, we use it:
- to log onto Google maps (of course!) – love it so much for getting around on the trains, subway, metro via the coloured circle icons
- to keep track of one another through WhatsApp or FB messenger
- to load your best pics into Whatsapp, and share them with your travel buddies instantly
- with Google translate – the world’s best invention
- for Instagram updates and Instagram stories
- for checking FB to catch up with friends when we return home pooped after a busy day out – we love that we can stay connected while we are away from home, and that family and friends can follow our travels too
- for checking in with the news around the world
- to get weather updates
- to check emails, and confirm accommodation arrival times
- to checking in online for flights
- to find local events and happenings
- to keep the kids happy (and quiet) on the Shinkansen with reliable access to their favourite games and Youtube
- as a reward for the kid’s stamina – they get an hour of free time on devices after a big, big day of exploring with mum.
Best Pocket Wifi Japan?
If you are ordering your pocket wifi device from Australia, we can 100% recommend Wilh-Ma Pocket Wifi Rental in Melbourne. The service was faultless.
Three of my friends have also used Wilh-ma portable wifi rental (two on this trip, and one on her own family trip to Japan last year) and we have all had the same experience.
Did you know that you can share the cost of hiring a pocket wifi device from Wilh-ma with your travel buddies. The pocket wifi modem allows up to 5 connections, so if you are staying close to one another, one pocket wifi modem is all you need. Pop it in your back pack and off you go.
Two of our group of friends didn’t hire one, but they logged onto to our pocket wifi’s to keep in touch with us on FB messenger and What’s App.
Hot tip: BYO USB charger with multiple outlets. Their big box charger (the white thing in the photo) is fine when the electricity plug is horizontal, but when the plug in Japan is on the wall, the weight of this heavy adaptor meant it didn’t like staying put. We had to use all kinds of prop-up tricks to keep it charging!
Also, order the extra powerbank charger when you book, or bring your own extra power bank. 10 hours of charge runs out quickly when you are travelling, and exploring from dawn till dusk.
Three Easy Steps to Order a Pocket Wifi Modem for Portable Wifi Japan
1. Visit the Wilh-Ma website and click on “Pocket Wifi Rental”.
2. Choose your deal – either the Japan Special at $8 a day (bargain) or the Japan Early-Bird special. If you book early enough – 120 days in advance – the Japan Early-Bird Special is just $5.50 a day!
That’s unbelievable value.
Here’s a quick comparison. If you book your portable wifi at Narita airport, it’s around $12.50 AUD per day for TOKYO only. The portable wifi rental in Japan from Wilh-ma covers you for the whole country.
3. Book your Pocket Wifi for your Japan trip.
(Disclaimer: If you book through this link, I will receive a small affiliate payment. Enough to buy me a hot Milky Tea on my next trip to my favourite country in the world! Thank you!)
More reasons to choose Wilh-ma Cheap Pocket Wifi
Here’s a few more reasons why you should organise your pocket wifi rental Japan from Australia ahead of time.
- No conversion fluctuation. You pay before you go in AUD dollars. One payment, one time covers your entire rental period. You pay a bond when you book, but this is fully refundable if you send it back in the Express Post bag they provide in the same condition you received it.
- Peace in mind – your Japan wireless pocket wifi is delivered to you before departure (FREE delivery and return). Send it back the day you get home. So easy!
- Save so much time – you don’t have to queue up at Narita airport with the other people who organise portable wifi on a whim, nor do you have to hunt down the collection point when you want to return it
- You can use the one pocket Wi-Fi device for your notebook, table, macbook, phone, and any Wi-Fi enabled device
- You don’t have to muck around with your mobile phone setting (no need to change sim card, fiddle with apps’ setting, contacts, etc)
- Focus on your travel. When you arrive in Japan, turn it on, link up to the wifi connection and get straight onto the internet. It means you can use it from the moment you set foot in Narita, and can google your way to your first hotel or accommodation.
- Wilh-ma pocket wifi rental is a fixed price deal– you don’t have to worry about excess data charges. Use it freely, as much as you like.
- Yippee! Ordering in Australia means you avoid international transaction fees and credit card fees
- It’s the cheapest pocket wifi we know of for Japan travels. Why pay more?
- They have a live chat functionality on the site. I booked my portable device only a week before takeoff, and I was somewhat concerned about the pocket wifi’s ability to reach me on time. You see, although I live in one of Australia’s top tourist destinations (Byron Bay region), Australia Post hasn’t quite worked that out, and still thinks we are a country town, where even a next-day delivery takes 3-4 days. Harry noted my request to send it out that day, and once I paid, put it straight in the post. It arrived in plenty of time! (Wipes away sweat from the brow.)
- Really, truly, this pocket wifi rental will be your best investment for your Japan family trip. I would never go to Japan again without one.
The 5-Step Japan Portable Wifi Rental Process with Wilh-Ma
1. Check coverage here.
2. Reserve your pocket wifi device for Japan here. Pay by Credit or Debit card, Paypal, or POLI (no fees)
3. Wait for your Pocket Wifi to arrive (at least 2 -3 days ahead of your departure.) Need it sooner for some reason? Start a live chat
Have a wonderful time in Japan with your pocket wifi at the ready!
4. When you get home, pop it into the already-addressed Australia Post express bag (find it inside the Pocket Wifi bag)
5. Wait for your bond to be returned in around 10 days after they receive it back.
- Book your Pocket Wifi Rental Japan for your Tokyo/Kyoto trip today and get back to planning your fun itinerary.
The Inside Scoop – Wilh-ma Portable Wifi Device Rental
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: PO Box 2068, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Telephone: Call/SMS/LINE/Viber/QQ/WeChat/KakaoTalk/WhatsApp: +61 428 868 398
Website: Wilh-Ma website. (Pocket Wifi Rental Japan)
Cost of Pocket Wifi Rental Japan through Wilh-ma:
- $8 AUD per day for Japan Special
- $5.50 AUD per day for Japan Early Bird Special
This Pocket Wifi Rental Travel Product was last reviewed in June 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Pocket Wifi Rental Japan.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in TOKYO with kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.