INSIDE: The best playground at Brisbane Southbank – Riverside Green.
Towering Pink Fort Towers. Tick.
Never Ending Slides. Tick.
A HUMAN-SIZED HAMSTER WHEEL?
This Peter Pan & Neverland-inspired Riverside Green playground is Brisbane’s best playground for child-sized pirates and Wendy’s.
- 1 Riverside Green Southbank for Big Kids
- 2 Riverside Green Playground for Toddlers
- 3 Picnic and BBQs at Riverside Green Adventure Playground
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Brisbane Kids Playground at Southbank
- 5 Map of Riverside Green Southbank Playground
- 6 Toadstool Rating – Riverside Green is Brisbane’s BEST Kids Playground!
- 7 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Brisbane with kids?
Riverside Green Southbank for Big Kids
Riverside Green Playground is South Bank’s most popular playground, bursting colour in bright neon pinks, greens and blues, inspired by Southbank’s famous Bougainvillea arbour.
It’s open for play from sunrise, until early evening – this epic Brisbane playground is lit at night!
For the big kids (and enthusiastic adventurous mums and dads), there’s fun over two levels – the adventure zone up top, and the lower level with interactive equipment.
The 7.5 metre high, BRIGHT PINK Sky Walk structure, with sky cabin towers interconnected by a series of rope bridges and connecting slides for kids 5+ years is the centrepiece. There’s four entry points to cater for different ages and abilities and once inside, the kids are completely enclosed by nets for safety. (Mamas can breathe a sigh of relief!)
A giant scramble net with a swing sits below the towers.
- Rubber belt bridge and embankment zone for kids 5+ years
- Giant Mouse/Hamster wheel for kids 6+ years (max 4 users at once)
- Supernova spinning ring on the ground level for kids 6+ years
- Climbing structure and climbing wall
The Hamster Wheel is by far the most popular thing. And no wonder. I wanted a turn too.
(Join the queue!)
Riverside Green Playground for Toddlers
For young children aged 2-5, there’s a dedicated toddler area on the upper terrace level with wheelchair access.
- An all-inclusive area pirate ship themed toddler zone for kids 2-6 years, with undercover areas, grasp holes, climbing ladders and ropes, slides, compass, binoculars and interactive elements to touch and turn.
- Double swing for kids 3+ years
- 2 metre wide multi-person slide for kids 3+ years
Picnic and BBQs at Riverside Green Adventure Playground
New picnic tables and barbeques were added during the redevelopment of this playground, and there’s plenty of seating and grassy areas abound.
BYO snacks, food, and drinks for a picnic lunch.
The Inside Scoop – Brisbane Kids Playground at Southbank
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Riverside Green is located at South Bank Parklands near the Boat Pool and Streets Beach. It is directly behind the Courier Mail Piazza.
Telephone: 07 3156 6366
Opening Hours: Sunrise to early evening. The Skywalk at Riverside Green playground is lit up at night for extra magic hours!
Entry Fees: Free entry
How to get there:
- Click here for the Ultimate Guide to Southbank, including how to get there by bus and car.
- By Train/metro: Five minute walk from South Brisbane and Southbank stations.
- By Ferry: It’s a short walk from the Southbank City Cat terminal.
Map of Riverside Green Southbank Playground
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Southbank has amazing variety of food options. Click here for the Eat Southbank Dining Guide Look out for the kids lunch specials on offer from many cafes on certain days each week.
Toilets: Yes, accessible toilets are close by, including baby change table.
Disability access: Limited for big kids. All abilities access to toddler playground. Riverview Green is easily accessible, with flat paths leading from the car park. Disability parking bays are available
Closest ATM: See Southbank Visitor Centre for directions
Shade: Shade sails, shady trees
Enclosed: No. Keep a close eye on children as Streets Beach is nearby.
Ground cover: Multicoloured rubber soft fall, concrete pathways
Picnic tables: Yes
Electric BBQs: Yes
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes. Fill your water bottle too.
Scooters and Bikes: No scooters, skateboards, bikes, rollerskates or rollerblades are allowed in the play area.
The Riverside Green Playground Southbank was last reviewed in October 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Riverside Green is Brisbane’s BEST Kids Playground!
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Brisbane with kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.