INSIDE: Rockefeller Park Playground is opposite Poet’s House in NYC.
Wander along the Hudson River Greenway around the tip of Battery Park and you’ll stumble across the fenced Norman A. Rockefeller Park Playground.
Get ready to stop for an hour at least.
This playground has a storybook feel, but best of all, a water spouting hippo!
- 1 Rockefeller Park Playground
- 2 Pedal Powered Merry Go Round
- 3 Water Park Features at Rockefeller Playground in New York City
- 4 Accessible Playground in New York City
- 5 The Parkhouse at Battery Park NYC
- 6 Photos of Rockefeller Park Playground Battery Park
- 7 The Inside Scoop – Battery Park Playground
- 8 Map of Norman A. Rockefeller Playground at Battery Park
- 9 Toadstool Rating- Battery Park Playground NYC
- 10 Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Rockefeller Park Playground
The Rockefeller Park Playground is one of the best playgrounds in New York City.
At Nelson A. Rockefeller Park playground, you’ll find:
- A medium sized fort featuring a platform seating and play area made of bright red web straps, timber walkways, and chain nets to climb
- A giant sized concrete fort with fireman poles, and super high viewing platforms
- A toddler playground fort with yellow slide
- Suspension bridge, perfect for imaginative games of Three Billygoats Gruff
- Slides. One of them lands straight into the toddlers sand pit!
- Infant Swings
- Sandboxes. BYO sand toys.
- Undercover areas for picnics and morning snack breaks
Pedal Powered Merry Go Round
My boys LOVED the pedal-powered merry-go-round most of all.
Water Park Features at Rockefeller Playground in New York City
When the weather warms up, pack your wet gear and prepare to get wet.
The Rockefeller Park water play area has three friendly dog faces lined up along one wall. Water spouts from their mouths into a water trough below. BYO water play toys and kids will spend hours pouring, measuring and splashing. More than likely, your kids may end up IN the trough, instead of playing alongside it.
An elephant and a hippo spray streams of water onto anyone who dares venture between them.
Smaller children might prefer the dodo bird sprinkler near the swings.
Accessible Playground in New York City
There’s a raised sand table for play which is designed to be accessible for wheelchairs.
The Parkhouse at Battery Park NYC
The Parkhouse at Rockefeller Park loans out sports equipment for basketball, ping-pong, or billiards as well board games, pre-school toys, books and much more, including the odd art and craft activity.
Permanent ping pong and billiards tables are available, as well as basketball and handball courts and swings.
The Parkhouse is open 11:30am to 6:30pm each day May through October.
Photos of Rockefeller Park Playground Battery Park
The Inside Scoop – Battery Park Playground
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars.
Address: Rockefeller Park playground is located at the South end of Rockefeller Park at River Terrace (Park Terrace West near Murray Street) New York.
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: 8am to 6pm
Entry Fees: Free
Map of Norman A. Rockefeller Playground at Battery Park
Toilets: Restrooms are located at the northwest corner of the Solaire Building, across the street from the Parkhouse.
Disability access: Yes
Ground cover: Rubber tiles, concrete walls, sand.
Picnic tables: Shaded tables and lots of bench seating. Also shaded grass areas between the Hudson River and Rockefeller playground for BYO picnics.
Electric BBQs: No
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes (to ride along the Hudson River Greenway)
The Rockefeller Park Playground was last reviewed in November 2018.
Toadstool Rating- Battery Park Playground NYC
Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.