INSIDE: Discounts for Families at Skyline with these Rotorua Luge Deals!
Whatever you do, do not miss riding the Luge at Skyline Rotorua.
A world-first activity, a race on a Skyline Luge down the hillside twists and turns tops our list of the best things to do in Rotorua with kids of all ages. 5 million people can’t be wrong!
Rotorua Luge Deals at Skyline
Best of all, there’s discount Rotorua Luge Deals for families, with a Gondola ride up dormant volcano, Mount Ngongotaha included in the price.
We bought the Family Pass – a Family Gondola ride for the whole family, plus two luge rides each, for $107 for 2 adults and 2 kids.
The second go, Jack rode tandem with me. (Holding onto the luge steering wheel and brakes was tough work for his little hands, so once was enough.)
Consequently, we had one extra ticket to use up. I queued with Ned, ready to send him down alone for one last trip, but they let both of us ride. Thanks Skyline team!
Family Luge Deals at Skyline Rotorua
Here’s a list of the other Rotorua Luge Deals for families.
- Family Gondola + 2 luge rides each: $107 for family of four; $135 for family of five
- Family Gondola + 3 luge rides each: $130 for family of four; $162 for family of five
- Family Gondola + 5 luge rides each: $173 for family of four; $216 for family of five.
A Family of 4 includes 2 adults and 2 children*. A family of 5 includes 2 adults and 3 children*.
*Children are 5-14 years. Infants are under 5 and are free of charge.
This is GREAT value, as comparably, if you bought tickets individually, a Gondola + just one luge ride would be $149 for a family of four, or $178.50 for a family of five!
The more you ride, the more you save.
Skyline Luge Fun
Luge riding is a gravity-fuelled adventure for all ages. There’s three tracks – scenic, intermediate and advanced – so you can go as fast, or as slow, as you want to! You, and your braking system, are in charge.
Drive, twist and turn along 5km of tracks with epic corners, lifts, tunnels and dippers.
I loved the Scenic track the most – it may not be as fast, but Jack and I laughed the whole way down!
The Luge Chairlift
The Rotorua downhill luge ride is super fun, but there’s only one way back to the top, via chairlift.
Let me say this – if you are afraid of heights, hang on tight and close your eyes. Hold tight to your wriggly little ones too.
Cleverly, and thankfully, you don’t see the sheer, steep drops until it’s too late. There’s nothing to do but slow your breathing, and put all your effort into staying calm. Avert your eyes from the dropped helmets along the way!
More Fun Things to Do at Skyline Gondola and Luge
It’s easy to spend half a day at Skyline Rotorua. It’s the entertainment capital of Rotorua.
- Soar 400 metres along dual ziplines. Race your friends over the canopy, and finish with a free fall jump!
- Ride with friends on the 50 metre high Skyswing – the release button is in your hand!
- Stargaze at night. Join the Skyline Stargazing Tour and check out all the planets through powerful telescopes
- Check out the Mona Lisa painting made from over 18,000 jelly beans at Jelly Belly Rotorua. (Take a sneak peek here.)
- Shop for Kiwiana souvenirs at iNZpired, the store.
- Ride mountainbikes in the MTB Gravity Park on 14 mixed grade trails for everyone from beginner to pros. There’s 10km of tracks, a 2km jumps trail, and a downhill line.
- Enjoy hot chocolate, coffee, pizza, pies and pastries at Market Kitchen Cafe. Open from 9am for breakfast.
- Eat a buffet lunch or dinner at the Skyline restaurant, Stratosfare. Open for lunch from 11.30am and dinner from 5.30pm. Bookings essential.
The Inside Scoop – Skyline Rotorua
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: The Skyline Luge in Rotorua is located at 178 Fairy Springs Road, Rotorua New Zealand.
Telephone: +64 7 347 0027
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: (Season dependent)
- 9am daily – 5.30pm Sunday to Friday
- 9am to 8pm Saturday nights only
Luge Rotorua Prices: Click here for the full list of prices for Rotorua luge, gondola, and restaurant deals.
Parking: Free car parking at the entrance of Skyline Rotorua
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Skyline Restaurant & Market Kitchen on site.
Toilets: Yes, including baby change table
Disability access: Limited
Skyline Luge in Rotorua was last reviewed in September 2018.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do in Rotorua New Zealand with Kids?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.