- 1 The Savoy Hotel London Family Stays
- 2 The Savoy Hotel London for Families
- 3 Special Touches Just for the Kids!
- 4 Kids eating at the Savoy
- 5 Savoy Family Offer
- 6 The Inside Scoop
- 7 World Schooling – Fun Facts for Kids
- 8 Our Top Tips!
- 9 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 10 Instagram: Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome
- 11 Click here to follow us!
The Savoy Hotel London Family Stays
We dream of staying at The Savoy Hotel London one day! It’s on our bucket list of POSH things to do. The five-star Savoy Hotel London IS one of London’s most celebrated landmarks, near the banks of the River Thames and is super central to lots of things a family would love to do – visit Covent Garden, Harrods in Knightsbridge, see a musical, ballet or opera, or walk or take a taxi to some of the world’s best museums and art galleries.
The Savoy Hotel London has 267 luxury rooms and suites that feature historical influences, featuring either elegant English Edwardian design or sensational Art Deco style.
But the thing that excites me most? If you stay in a suite, you get your own dedicated butler service! Plus everyone who stays at the Savoy Hotel London has access to spa treatments, and a private pool. There’s a 24-hour gym too, which is good as the food at the Savoy Hotel London includes the Savoy Grill by Gorden Ramsay, a British Grill menu with a French touch, plus Simpson’s-in-the-Strand and Knight’s Bar where you can eat what is commonly known as London’s best roast dinner in the best of British tradition.
The Savoy Hotel London for Families
The Savoy is the perfect setting for families planning a trip to London if only for location. But at the Savoy Hotel London it’s all about the service, and an unforgettable luxury stay for kids, and their parents.
- Baby cots, roll-away beds and bed side rails available upon request
- Connecting rooms and suites available upon request (subject to availability)
Special Touches Just for the Kids!
- Kaspar the Cat plush toys
- Savoy themed colouring/activity books and coloured pencil sets
- Children’s Welcome Kit
- Children’s bath products
- Children’s bathrobes, slippers and clothes hangers
- In-room games consoles – Nintendo Wii systems*
- DVD & CD players
- Ipod docking station
- 10m swimming pool situated in its own atrium and filled with natural light (Please note children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times)
- Bottle warmers, Highchairs, Baby prams/strollers and a baby bath can be arranged
- The Savoy uses the services of Rockabye Babysitters, a well renowned babysitting company in London. Please contact the Housekeeping department for assistance.
Kids eating at the Savoy
Children are welcome in Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill, Simpson’s-In-The-Strand, The Thames Foyer and Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill.
Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill Children’s menu
Simpson’s-In-The-Strand Children’s menu
Savoy Family Offer
From now until 31st December 2017, treat your children to The Savoy experience with 50% off a second room, complimentary breakfast, complimentary children’s meals for children under 5 and 50% off children’s menus in-house for children 5-12, AND a family pass to the London Aquarium.
Book your package deal here.
The Inside Scoop
- Phone: + 44 (0)20 7836 4343
- The Savoy Hotel London Website
- Email (guest relations): email@example.com
Location and Map
- Address: Strand, London, United Kingdom, WC2R 0EU
World Schooling – Fun Facts for Kids
- The Savoy was the first hotel in London to have electricity
- It was also the first to have electric ‘lifts’, known as ‘ascending rooms’!
- Before phones, guests were connected to maids, valets, floor waiters and other parts of the hotel via SPEAKING TUBES!
- Later, the Savoy Hotel London became the first to provide most rooms with private bathroom ensuites, along with cascading showers and quick-filling baths!
- The Savoy Hotel London was the first to create a training academy to teach the new generation of butlers the “Savoy way”.
Our Top Tips!
- Take Afternoon Tea at the Savoy Hotel London. The beautiful Thames Foyer, featuring a glass dome overheard, and a wrought iron gazebo centre stage from where a piano player serenades guests, is where The Savoy serves one of London’s finest traditional Afternoon Teas, a custom that remains a British institution. Fresh patisserie, chocolates and bespoke gifts are available for guests to purchase in Savoy Tea.
- Oooh… Look! Sprinkle a little posh on yourself today. Read the Savoy Hotel London magazine here.
- View the Savoy e-brochure too!
- Thinking about a family trip to London? Then visit here to find ALL the family-friendly info you’ll need on ground transportation, places to stay, where to eat, and SUPER DOOPER fun things to do in this great city
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Family Travel Ideas with Roam the Gnome