INSIDE: The COMPLETE Guide to Staying at the Savoy Hotel London with Kids. Updated 2019.
We DREAM of staying at The Savoy Hotel London one day!
It’s on our bucket list of POSH things to do.
The five-star Savoy Hotel London in the United Kingdom IS one of London’s most celebrated landmarks, near the banks of the River Thames and is super central to lots of things a family would love to do.
- Visit Covent Garden
- Shop Harrods in Knightsbridge
- See a musical, ballet or opera
- Walk or take a taxi to some of the world’s best museums and art galleries.
The Savoy London has 267 luxury rooms and suites that feature historical influences, featuring either elegant English Edwardian design or sensational Art Deco style.
But the thing that excites me most?
If you stay in a suite, you get your own dedicated butler service!
- 1 The Savoy Hotel London for Families
- 2 Special Touches for London Savoy Hotel Kids!
- 3 Where to Eat at the Savoy with Kids
- 4 The Savoy London Afternoon Tea
- 5 Facts about the Savoy Hotel
- 6 The Inside Scoop – Fairmont Savoy
- 7 How to get to the Savoy Hotel London
- 8 Map
- 9 Facilities at the Savoy
- 10 Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
- 11 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
- 12 Subscribe
- 13 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
The Savoy Hotel London for Families
The Savoy Hotel is the only setting for families planning a trip to London because the location is PERFECT.
But really, it’s all about the service, and that makes an unforgettable luxury stay for kids, and their parents.
- Baby cots, roll-away beds and bed side rails available upon request
- Connecting rooms and suites available upon request (subject to availability)
To further enhance your stay, our “Cherish a Family Moment” package provides a second room at 50% off and includes breakfast.
Savoy Hotel London Spa
Plus everyone who stays at the Savoy Hotel London has access to spa treatments, and a private pool.
There’s a 24-hour gym too
Special Touches for London Savoy Hotel Kids!
Each child receives an exclusive Kaspar the Cat plush toy, the hotel’s signature mascot.
- Savoy themed colouring/activity books and coloured pencil sets
- Children’s Welcome Kit
- Children’s bathroom products (and a baby bathtub)
- Children’s bathrobes, slippers and clothes hangers
- In-room games consoles including Nintendo Wii systems*
- DVD & CD players
- an iPod docking station
- 10m swimming pool situated in its own atrium and filled with natural light (Please note children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times)
- Bottle warmers, Highchairs, Baby prams/strollers and a baby bath can be arranged
The Savoy uses the services of Rockabye Babysitters, a well renowned babysitting company in London. Please contact the Housekeeping department for assistance.
Where to Eat at the Savoy with Kids
Children are welcome in:
- Kaspar’s at the Savoy (a British Grill menu with a French touch)
- Simpson’s In The Strand
- The Thames Foyer and
- Gordon Ramsay’s The Savoy Grill.
Simpson’s-in-the-Strand is the place where you can eat what is commonly known as London’s best roast dinner in the best of British tradition.
This firm British favourite, Roast rib of beef, is served directly from the restaurant’s famous carving trolleys.
The Savoy London Afternoon Tea
Enjoy the Savoy Hotel London afternoon tea .
The beautiful Thames Foyer, featuring a glass dome overheard, and a wrought iron gazebo centre stage from where a piano player serenades guests, is where one of the finest traditional Afternoon Teas in London is served, a custom that remains a British institution.
The tea is served on tiered cake stands full of finger sandwiches, homemade scones with clotted cream and jam, freshlly made handcrafted signature cakes, and delicate pastries. Afternoon tea is served with a range of JING teas.
Tea at the Savoy Hotel starts from £65.00 per person
Children’s Afternoon Tea
Little guests are also welcomed for Afternoon Tea at The Savoy.
The Savoy London has partnered with HarperCollins Children’s Books for The Tiger Who Came to Tea at The Savoy, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Judith Kerr’s treasured classic, The Tiger Who Came to Tea at a special Savoy high tea event.
Facts about the Savoy Hotel
Interesting stories from inside the Savoy hotel London
- The Savoy was the first hotel in London to have electricity
- It was also the first to have electric ‘lifts’, known as ‘ascending rooms’!
- Before phones, guests were connected to maids, valets, floor waiters and other parts of the hotel via SPEAKING TUBES!
- Later, the hotel became the first to provide most rooms with private bathroom ensuites, along with cascading showers and quick-filling baths!
- The Savoy Hotel London was the first to create a training academy to teach the new generation of butlers the “Savoy way”.
The Inside Scoop – Fairmont Savoy
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in pounds.
Address: Strand, London, United Kingdom, WC2R 0EU
Savoy Hotel contact number: + 44 (0)20 7836 4343
Website: Click here
Email (guest relations): email@example.com
Bookings: Contact the hotel directly for the Savoy hotel London prices per night.
The Savoy Hotel London deals: Check the website for specials and Savoy family packages
How to get to the Savoy Hotel London
Where is the Savoy hotel? Very close to Covent Garden, and the Waterloo Bridge. The Savoy is the only luxury hotel on the River Thames.
- Charing Cross station, served by the Bakerloo and Northern lines, is just a 4-minute walk from The Savoy.
- Embankment station, served by the Bakerloo, Northern, Circle and District lines; and Covent Garden station, served by the Piccadilly line, are both a 6-minute walk from the hotel.
By National Rail
- Charing Cross and Waterloo rail stations are under 16 minutes by car from The Savoy, and within easy reach on foot.
- Paddington, Victoria, London Bridge and Euston rail stations are all under 30 minutes by car from the hotel.
Parking near the Savoy Hotel London: The Savoy offers valet parking. Alternative garages are also available in the surrounding area. Parking charges are available on request.
Facilities at the Savoy
- air conditioning
- room service
- 5 star rated
Toadstool Rating (by the kids)
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
Click the links in blue below.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory