I hope I’m not the only one confused by ‘Seminyak Square’. I thought Seminyak Square was the luxury shopping mall in the Seminyak city centre, but that’s NOT Seminyak Square at all. (It’s Seminyak Village, a western-style air-conditioned escape from the humidity and happy chaos that is Bali.)
- 1 Seminyak Square – The Open Air Mall
- 2 Things to do in Seminyak – Visit Seminyak Square Shopping Centre
- 3 Cheap shopping in Seminyak? Visit the Seminyak Square Market
- 4 MegaArt MegaMart
- 5 The Inside Scoop
- 6 Seminyak Bali Map – Seminyak Square
- 7 Toadstool Rating.
- 8 Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to eat and things to do in Bali?
Seminyak Square – The Open Air Mall
Seminyak Square is, in fact, the open-air row of shops right next door to Seminyak Village, about 25 metres away. You can go from one to the other via both front and back doors of Seminyak Village, but they might as well be on different planets.
There’s little here to warrant a special trip EXCEPT an iconic Bali sign you can stand in front of for the quintessential instagram pic, but if you are wandering around looking for places to shop in Seminyak, pop in for a visit.
Things to do in Seminyak – Visit Seminyak Square Shopping Centre
Seminyak Square is a two-storey shopping arcade with boutique shopping, surfwear outlets, and restaurants located in the Seminyak city centre at Jl. Laksamana Oberoi/ Kayu Aya, Bali.
There’s a wide undercover corridor in front of the shops on both levels (the shade is welcomed!), and a green garden area with seating and tables too – the perfect spot to plan how to get to the next destination on your bucket list with free wifi to check your google maps!
These shops are on the ground floor of Seminyak Square shopping mall:
- Periplus Book Shop
- Mega Batik – traditional Indonesian batik
- Quiksilver – check out the discount rack for swimwear bargains in surfwear brands such as Billabong, Roxy, and Quicksilver too
- Surfer Girl
- Lilla Lane
- Body & Soul
- Art Market
- Vinoti Living
- World Brand Shop
- Guardian Chemist.
The Seminyak Square Hotel and Jaz B Beauty Salon & Spa are on the second floor.
The kids LOVED roaming MegaArt MegaMart – it’s a riot of colourful Balinese souvenirs and products as normal, and has aisles full of Balinese lollies and treats, chocolate milk, and cold drinks. Pick up your supply of Balinese mosquito repellents from their giant range. They also stock the famous Kispray ironing aid. If you are wondering where to shop in Seminyak for souvenirs, soaps, and kitschy novelties, this is the place.
Mega Mart has a nibbly fish foot spa and a place to order photo canvases of your trip for cheap too.
Homesick? Get your regular order at Starbucks metres away at Jl. Kayu Aya No.18B.
Seminyak Square Mall has places to eat too. Try:
- The Braga Cafe, The Spicery Deli, and Black Canyon coffee on the first floor
- Manfridays Fish & Chips, and Adrenalin Sports Bar are located upstairs.
Cheap shopping in Seminyak? Visit the Seminyak Square Market
Seminyak Square has a compact traditional Balinese fleamarket under marquee tents and pergolas out front.
There’s room to move, and try things on, and we found prices comparable for tshirts, dresses and trinkets to those on the main street, with much less stress and without the worry that the kids will run off into traffic. Big plus – the market owners are helpful and less pushy than the norm
You’ll find jewellery, handbags, Balinese art and a few select leather goods too.
The Inside Scoop
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Seminyak Square, Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak – Bali 80361
Website: Seminyak Square
Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm generally, although the MegaMart and selected shops may open earlier.
Entry Fees: Free entry
Nearest takeaway coffee: Black Canyon coffee is your coffeeshop on site.
How to get there:
- By Bus: Catch a super cheap Kura Kura bus from Kuta, Legian, Canggu, Sanur, Jimbaran and Ubud. The Kura Kura bus stop is located right out front of Seminyak Square shopping centre.
- On Foot: Seminyak Square is within walking distance from Ku De Ta, The Legian, The Oberoi, The Seminyak and other popular hotels, and is right on the popular Eat Street.
- By Taxi: Book a Bluebird Taxi.
Parking: Seminyak Square has parking for bicycles, motorbikes and cars. There may (or may not) be a small parking fee (that seems dependent on who is manning the gate) and how friendly your driver is.
Seminyak Bali Map – Seminyak Square
Toilets: Yes, clean toilets including baby change table
Disability access: Yes
Closest playground: Level One, Seminyak Village mall
Enclosed: No, but off street.
- Seminyak Square has FREE wifi!
- These shops were last reviewed in April 2018
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN places to eat and things to do in Bali?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.