Hello! Welcome. Konnichi wa. Ciao. Ni hao. Bonjour.
Thank you for stopping by ROAM THE GNOME™, the only Family Travel Website you need to plan and book your next trip!
We love to travel and share our tips with like-minded people. There’s four of us – Ned, Jack, our cute fellow Roam the Gnome, and myself – Amber.
I’m the one behind the keyboard and the camera, documenting our adventures to help other families just like us. You can find out more about our family and why I love to travel with kids here.
We travel as much as we can, on a budget, on our mission to see all parts of this world. Travel is the best kind of education, and we adore it.
READ MORE: How to Travel with Kids on a Budget
If we can travel with kids, so can you!
After 3 jam-packed years of travel, 2019 is a quiet one for us as I catch up on all our stories, but it will end with a BANG.
We are heading off to meet the real life SANTA in Finnish Lapland!
We’re also heading to London and will spend a month travelling around Europe, visiting German Christmas markets, Copenhagen, Vienna, Prague, Stockholm and Helsinki. We can’t wait!
(You can read all about our plans and see our itinerary here. Coming soon! )
READ MORE: Why we NEVER EVER leave home without travel insurance.
The Ultimate Family Travel Website
Roam the Gnome Family Travel Website™ is jam-packed with information on travelling with kids to Tokyo, Bali, Hong Kong, New York, Rome, Paris and London.
We also feature LOTS of stories about our own home, and the fun things you can find to do in Australia.
We share information on the best places to stay, places to eat and drink, activities to do, super dooper fun playgrounds to visit, epic kid-friendly museums and adventures, family-friendly tours, and things you definitely shouldn’t miss on your vacation.
It really is a one-stop shop for all things family travel. Let us help you BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP!
READ MORE: Check out our Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ City Guides
Search by City Destinations
There are hundreds and hundreds of articles on Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ website, so here’s a bit of help to get started.
- Pick your dream country and your target city destination. Click the link.
- You’ll find a comprehensive overview, and at the bottom of the page, a chance to scroll through all the posts on the topic.
Grab a cuppa and dive in.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly side of Travel
Travel is not all fun and games. Long airplane journeys suck. So does being stuck somewhere you don’t want to be, without a room for the night. Or waiting at an airport departure lounge with nowhere for a toddler to run around.
We all have horror stories, as well as the trophy moments. Have a read of some of my classic travel stories here.
Our most popular posts on family travel can be found below:
- How to save money for travel – Our best tips for reducing expenses, AND 11 ways to earn more money!
- 10 reasons we love to plan family travel
- The Ultimate Family Travel Packing checklist
- Why we NEVER travel without Travel Insurance
- Our most popular suggested itineraries
- How to book the best accommodation at the right price
- Our favourite Disney Hotels
- The Ultimate List of the Best Family Resorts Around the Globe
- Our Top 5 Best Accommodation Booking Sites
- Epic Tours and Attractions tickets you need in your life!
- Flying with kids
- What is the best age to travel with kids?
- How to travel to Tokyo for 10 days with 2 kids for under $5000 including flights (and TWO days at Disney!)
- How to make a budget for family travel
- Our Tips to Travel with Carry On Luggage only
- Awesome Travel Books you should be reading
- The Best Travel Luggage to last the distance
- The Best Travel Products for Family Travel
- Our guide to the Best Travel Stroller
- Our Big List of Useful Travel Tips
- Epic Travel Hacks to save your sanity
- The Latest Travel News from Around the World
- Does the Ergo top the list of the Best Baby Carriers for travelling families?
The Ultimate Guides to our Favourite Cities
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Things to Do in HONG KONG with Kids
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Things to Do in ROME with Kids
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Things to Do in LONDON with Kids
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Things to Do in TOKYO with Kids
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Visiting PARIS Points of Interest with Kids
- The ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide to Visiting BALI with Kids
Subscribe to our Newsletter
(Bonus: Receive 3 x helpful FREE PRINTABLES for family travel when you subscribe. )
I can talk travel ALL DAY LONG, and I love to make new friends who are equally obsessed, as well as chat with people who are just starting their “travel with kids” journey.
Join us for more awesome travel inspiration and tips on:
We welcome you to join our Facebook groups to share your ideas, tips and seek answers to your questions too.
You can also email me directly with any questions you may have. I love to hear from you. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber and team. xx
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Roam the Gnome is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory.