INSIDE: The Complete Guide to the Athenaeum Hotel London for Kids. Updated 2019.
If you are looking for a SUPER DOOPER kid-friendly hotel in London, stop right here. We’ve found it.
The Athenaeum Hotel London is a family-owned luxury hotel less than 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace, on the border of Green Park and just minutes away from Hyde Park!
Housed in an art-deco building, the Athenaeum hotel designer rooms with en-suite bathrooms have their own Nespresso machines in each room. There’s Royal Athenaeum suites and apartments also available
The Ultimate five-star Luxury Hotel in London has something for the adults AND something special for the kids too.
Take a look!
Image credit: Athenaeum Hotel
- 1 The Athenaeum Hotel London Kid Concierge!
- 2 The Athenaeum London Living Wall
- 3 The Athenaeum Afternoon Tea
- 4 The Athenaeum Spa Mayfair
- 5 The Best London Hotel near Piccadilly
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions – Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
- 7 The Inside Scoop – The Athenaeum Hotel London
- 8 Map of Athenaeum Hotel in London
- 9 How to get to the Athenaeum Hotel Mayfair
- 10 Toadstool Rating (by the kids) – Hotel Athenaeum London
- 11 Looking for MORE Things to Do & Places to Shop in LONDON?
- 12 Subscribe
- 13 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
The Athenaeum Hotel London Kid Concierge!
The Athenaeum welcomes children with open arms, even before check-in.
Their team of staff understand the requirements of families and work hard to take away the stress of travelling with the kids!
There’s a pre-visit survey questionnaire for you to share all the details about the kid’s favourite things (what tv or videos they like to watch, the toys they like to play with etc). They’ll then try to have these things ready in the room, when it’s possible!
Children love The Athenaeum London, especially meeting Jim the Doorman, a giant at 6ft6!
Nannies and Babysitters are on standby.
Book a ticket to a show.
The London Athenaeum Hotel also has:
- FREE wifi
- Free snacks and drinks (everything in the mini-bar – excluding alcohol- is free)
- A special menu, and free meals for under 12s.
- Cots and extra bedding when required
- Free milk and cookies for supper
- air conditioning
- Rainy days are no longer a hassle – the Athenaeum offers a wide-ranging DVD collection featuring the latest animated films and complimentary popcorn.
Kids can dip into the Toy Store to borrow their favourite toys and games. Outdoor toys such as kites, footballs, toys, scooters and bikes are available to entertain the kids.
Why not take advantage of your proximity to Green Park across the road?
The Kids’ Concierge greets you upon arrival and keeps checking in on you too.
It’s why this London five star hotel is the best place to stay in London with kids.
The Athenaeum London Living Wall
This family hotel in London has:
- interconnecting bedrooms available for families and can arrange an additional child bed or cot on request.
- serviced residences that can include bunk beds or sofa-beds, just perfect for the little ones.
- adjoining apartments can be made interconnecting on request.
- interconnecting family room options available within a residence for extra privacy.
Plus for parents….
- use of the hotel’s gym and boutique spa
- an award-winning Afternoon Tea Menu in the Garden Room
- a Whisky Bar with 270+ varieties of your favourite tipple
- a flat-screen TV in every room, with pay-per-view movies
Plus check out their ‘Living Wall’ garden installation.
Installed in 2009, The Athenaeum’s Living Wall has quickly become a symbol of the hotel. The garden begins at street level and reaches all the way to the 10th floor.
The Athenaeum Afternoon Tea
The Athenaeum Hotel afternoon tea is truly fit for Royalty.
Guests can enjoy a special afternoon tea event at the Galvin at The Athenaeum.
Many of the ingredients included in this London afternoon tea are produced by Royal Warrant holders who supply the Queen, so you’ll be in good company.
Imagine Galvin cure smoked salmon sandwiches, Cumbrian beef & Coleman’s horseradish on onion bread sandwiches, and traditional scones with Tiptree strawberry jam and lemon curd.
From £39.00 per person. View the sample menu here.
The Galvin at the Athenaeum dress code is smart casual.
See the website for other Athenaeum hotel events.
The Athenaeum Spa Mayfair
The Athenaeum hotel spa is called REN spa. Treat yourself with bespoke REN treatments and personalised packages.
Try something from their elegant range of beauty treatments or enjoy a manicure and pedicure.
The Best London Hotel near Piccadilly
This central London hotel location puts you smack bang in the middle of the kid-friendly action too.
The Athenaeum Piccadilly Mayfair Hotel London is close to:
- Covent Garden
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum
- Changing of the Guard ceremony Buckingham Palace
- Household Cavalry Museum
- Big Ben
- The London Eye
- Southbank with Namco Funscape
- The Jubilee Gardens playground
- The Princess Diana Memorial Playground with its’ Peter Pan theme
- Ripleys Believe it or Not!
- Green Park is across the road
It’s 15 minutes walk from:
- Oxford Street and Regent Street shops including Hamleys Toy Shop
- The theatres of the West End.
- Chinatown & the Candy Cafe, home of London’s original bubble tea
- Leicester Square and M & M World
Click on the blue links above for a sneak peek of our visits to these iconic London attractions.
The London Athenaeum hotel is the perfect family location in London United Kingdom, within walking distance to LOTS of fun places!
Frequently Asked Questions – Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
What does Athenaeum mean?
The Athenaeum meaning is “an institution for the promotion of literary or scientific learning, for example – a library or reading room.”
Very apt for hotel in Mayfair.
The Inside Scoop – The Athenaeum Hotel London
Address: Athenaeum Hotel and Residences are located at 116 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 7BJ
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7499 3464
Website: Click here
Athenaeum Hotel Deals: Check with the hotel for seasonal specials, and hotel room cost per night, and to check availability. Book direct.
Map of Athenaeum Hotel in London
How to get to the Athenaeum Hotel Mayfair
Travel from London city airport to London Green Park Tube station (Victoria, Jubilee and Piccadilly lines).
The Athenaeum Hotel London is a 5-minute walk from Green Park tube station, and less than 7-minutes from Hyde Park Corner. (Piccadilly Line)
They are a five minute cab ride from Victoria station and just 15 minutes from Paddington and Waterloo stations.
Toadstool Rating (by the kids) – Hotel Athenaeum London
Looking for MORE Things to Do & Places to Shop in LONDON?
Click the links in blue below.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory