INSIDE: Everything you need to know about things to do in Sydney with kids. Updated 2019.
Sydney Australia is one of our favourite cities for kids in the world.
And there’s thousands of reasons why.
The views of the harbour are spectacular.
The National Parks are sublime.
The Sydney attractions for kids are so varied, and there’s something for everyone of all ages.
But mostly, it’s the good weather, the friendly people, and the Sydney atmosphere.
It’s electric! (and we love it)
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you book a product or service after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
Awesome Things to do in Sydney with Kids
- Ride your scooters at the Sydney Park Bike Track
- Here’s another cool bike track in Sydney, Brightmore Reserve kids bike park
- See a movie at this retro cinema – The Hayden Orpheum in Cremorne
- There’s FREE activities all year round at the Art Gallery of NSW in the CBD
- The Museum of Fire in Sydney showcases all things fire-department and is home to model fire trucks, helmets, and uniforms too.
- Take the kids to see a musical show at the heritage-listed Capitol Theatre in Sydney. Our last visit, we watched Aladdin, the most sumptuous stage production we’ve ever been lucky enough to watch! I also took my mum to see Cats with Delta Goodrem.
Playgrounds in Sydney for Kids
- There’s a water park at Pirrama Park playground and views of the water too. It’s just up the road from the Star Casino. A hidden treasure, that’s for sure.
- Climb the Rocket Ship in Enmore Park Marrickville
- Prince Alfred Park playground has adorable play equipment!
- Whizz down the gigantic slide at Wulaba Park playground in Waterloo Sydney
- Enjoy a day out at Sydney Park playground near the heritage chimney stacks
- 7 fun adventures to have at Tunks Park playground
Eating in Sydney with Kids
- If you are visiting Chinatown, join the queue for mouth-watering hot Cream Puffs at Emperor’s Garden Sydney
- Looking for high tea in Sydney? There’s themed extravaganzas for High Tea at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth hotel for groups and families too
Where to swim in Sydney
- The BEST Splash Pad for Toddlers is at the Prince Alfred Park Pool!
- The Ultimate Guide to Parsley Bay Sydney for families and kids
- The BEST Sydney Harbour Beaches for Kids
- How to get to Camp Cove, Sydney’s prettiest beach
- The Malabar Beach rock pool is a iconic place to swim with kids
- At Christmas time, do not miss Carols in the Domain – our favourite yearly tradition
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory