INSIDE: The Ultimate List of Things to do in Tokyo with Kids. Updated 2019.
- 0.1 Discover our ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide of Things to do in Tokyo with Kids
- 0.2 Places to Visit in Tokyo – Suggestions for your Tokyo Trip
- 0.3 SUPER FUN KID STUFF – Fun things to do in Tokyo at Tokyo Tourist Attractions
- 0.4 THEME PARKS – What to do in Tokyo with Kids
- 0.5 ANIMAL ADVENTURES – Tokyo Attractions with Zoos and Wildlife Sanctuaries
- 0.6 PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS – Tokyo Travel Guide
- 0.7 CULTURE – MUSEUMS AND ART GALLERIES on the Tokyo Blog
- 0.8 EATING OUT IN TOKYO – Where to eat in Tokyo with Kids
- 0.9 HOTELS IN TOKYO – Where to stay in Tokyo First Time
- 1 TOKYO SHOPPING IN MARKETS AND SHOPS
- 2 UPCOMING EVENTS IN TOKYO
- 3 TOKYO TOURISM – FAQ
- 4 TOKYO ON A BUDGET
- 5 SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 6 LOOKING FOR MORE FUN CITIES TO VISIT WITH KIDS?
Discover our ULTIMATE Roam the Gnome Guide of Things to do in Tokyo with Kids
Hello, and welcome to our Tokyo Travel Blog. Together with Roam the Gnome, we love to explore all the best family-friendly adventures for kids in Tokyo and share our finds with you. If you are looking for things to do in Tokyo with kids, you have come to the right place.
Check out our list of Tokyo attractions below and click the links to add these ideas to your list of top things to do in Tokyo.
Tokyo is a juxtaposition of Old World Culture and New World Technology. It’s our favourite country and city in the world. There’s so much to see and do in Tokyo for kids, especially if you’ve retained a sense of childlike wonder alive too.
- Harajuku cuteness
- Shibuya shopping
- Akihabara for electronics
- Asakusa for old-world charm, history, and SUMO wrestlers,
- Ikebukuro’s Sunshine City
- Heading up Tokyo Skytree for a view of the entire city
- Kamakura and the chance to see Japan’s largest outdoor Buddha
- Enjoying a snack at a Rabbit or Owl cafe
- Taking the train over the Rainbow Bridge to Odaiba for a day of electronic and techno fun.
Be sure to eat curry, try mochi, eat sweet red beans, and matcha icecream.
Walk everywhere… you never know what you’ll spy around the corner.
Places to Visit in Tokyo – Suggestions for your Tokyo Trip
On our Tokyo Travel Blog, we share the best things to do in Tokyo ideas for Tokyo tours, where to go in Tokyo for kid-friendly meals, the MUST DO things to see in Tokyo, all the SUPER FUN things to do in Tokyo with kids, and all about the places to visit in Tokyo with kids in tow. Japan Travel is so much fun and we’ve collected the best stuff here, including all the Japan Travel Tips.
We hope the tips on our Tokyo blog help you to compile your Tokyo Sightseeing Bucket List with kids quickly and easily. We are thinking about creating a 5 day Tokyo itinerary or a Tokyo Itinerary 3 days section. Let us know in the comments if this would be useful to you! (Or email us direct at email@example.com)
SUPER FUN KID STUFF – Fun things to do in Tokyo at Tokyo Tourist Attractions
THEME PARKS – What to do in Tokyo with Kids
ANIMAL ADVENTURES – Tokyo Attractions with Zoos and Wildlife Sanctuaries
PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS – Tokyo Travel Guide
CULTURE – MUSEUMS AND ART GALLERIES on the Tokyo Blog
EATING OUT IN TOKYO – Where to eat in Tokyo with Kids
HOTELS IN TOKYO – Where to stay in Tokyo First Time
TOKYO SHOPPING IN MARKETS AND SHOPS
Tokyo Souvenir Shopping
MORE Tokyo with Kids ideas – Japan Travel Guide
UPCOMING EVENTS IN TOKYO
Details coming soon.
TOKYO TOURISM – FAQ
Weather in Tokyo
What is the weather in Tokyo today? Click here to find up-to-date TOKYO Weather reports.
Getting around Tokyo
Click here for the Japan Guide Website and all the details of getting around Tokyo on foot, by JR rail, by subway, and by taxi.
Plan your Trip with this Tokyo Tourist Map
Plan your Travel in Tokyo Itinerary with these FREE Tokyo Maps here.
TOKYO ON A BUDGET
Looking to visit Tokyo on a Budget? Be sure to pick up a “Welcome Card”– in Tokyo, the Welcome Card is a book called the Tokyo Handy Guide, available at all Tourist Information Offices. It’s filled with discount vouchers for travellers to Japan.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
We love our readers, and we want to help you travel more often with the kids, saving you time and money when you book.
Join the list 1000’s of people planning their next adventure with the help of our Roam the Gnome Family Travel Website. Plus you’ll also get FIRST ACCESS to our travel guides as they go live!
Sign up for our Family Travel newsletter so you never miss the good stuff!
Follow us in REAL TIME on Instagram.
We share cool travel-related info on Facebook too.
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN CITIES TO VISIT WITH KIDS?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure & Disclaimer:
This article contains affiliate links. This means if you make a booking after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.