Toy Stores in Paris – “Once Upon a Time”
We stumbled across this sweetest, most unassuming toy stores in Paris on our last visit. You should have seen Ned’s face when I told him we were going in – eye-popping delight would be the expression I think.
From the moment you set foot inside the door, and all the way down the stairs and into the main shop, you can’t help but be mesmerised. This is a toy shop in Paris worth visiting. It’s super cute and it’s more then 300m2 of quality toys and games in the St Germain des Pres district.
Shopping In Paris for Toys and Souvenirs
While many toy stores in Paris stock the normal array of Frozen and Disney toys, Playmobil, and LEGO, Once Upon a Time was filled with a huge variety of enchanting toys from around the world.
Here’s some of what we saw at this awesome Toy Shop in Paris:
- Wooden food and fruit for play shops and pretty woven baskets and child-size metal shopping baskets to carry things in
- HAPE brand toys – wooden cash registers and ‘High Tea’ sets
- Teasets, baking sets
- Hundreds of stuffed animals
- Dolls, doll houses, high chairs, and cooking stands
- Bikloon bikes, plus trikes and scooters
- art easels and tool stands
- HABA board games
- POLI brand police car toys
- hula hoops, floor rugs,
- PAPO plastic animals
- Bags and Satchels
- Dress ups – gorgeous well-made knights and kings outfits, a huge variety of elegant 19th century Royal Queen dresses, and animal dress ups too (Gorillas, lions)
- More French toy brands including Janod, and Moulin Roty.
Ned and Jack were allowed to choose one toy each. Ned chose a PAPO toy crocodile, and I helped Jack to choose a soft toy. I also picked up some very sweet melamine miniature trays as gifts in a Parisian theme – they’ve become a clever way to store rings and jewellery.
If you are on the hunt for a Paris toy store, or are looking for more places to shop in Paris with the kids, put this French toy store on your list. It’s worth the detour on the walk back from the Jardin du Luxembourg towards the Seine.
The Inside Scoop
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates.
Opening Hours at Once Upon a Time Toy Store In Paris
- Monday to Saturday from 10:00am to 7:30pm
- They take Master card, Carte Bleue, and American Express
- Phone: 01 45 48 21 10
Location and Map:
Address: 1 rue Cassette – 75006 Paris.
- Line 4, stops: Saint Sulpice, or Saint Germaine des Pres
- Lines 10, 12. Stop Sevres Babylone
- Stops Lignes 95, 96, 63, 84 – arret Michel Debre
By Taxi or Uber
- is easily accessible by taxi or uber.
Looking for MORE SUPER DOOPER FUN things to do with Kids in Paris?
Click the links in blue below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.