INSIDE: The Best Travel Tips from around the globe collated by Roam the Gnome Family Travel Website.
At Roam the Gnome™ Family Travel Website, we love ALL the travel tips.
We collect them like other people collect matchbox cars, or PEZ containers, or stamps, trading cards and Christmas decorations from around the world.
We use them when we start to plan family travel.
They help us to:
- streamline our luggage
- get organised for traveling easy
- find the best apps for travel
- find hidden places, or go to the place that’s the best for kids
- locate the best playgrounds & theme parks
- get free or discounted entry to attractions
- book the best restaurants, and
- discover the best tours and attractions.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you book a product or service after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
The BEST Travel Tips by Roam the Gnome Family Travel
Our website has helpful Europe travel tips, Italy travel tips, tips for traveling to America, tips for travelling with a toddler, packing tips for international travel, air travel tips, travel tips for flying, and the best travel tips for solo parents.
Check back soon for more Hawaii travel tips too.
A savvy traveler will find some of the best in the posts below, but you can also find general travel suggestions and helpful guidance throughout this family travel website.
READ MORE: How to Save Money for Travel.
10 Travel Tips & Suggestions for Budget Travel
- Wear a money belt. Especially in Barcelona.
- Keep your iphone in your bra or under your clothes in busy tourist areas. NEVER in your hand.
- Try all the street food. To be safe, look for the biggest queue, and jump in the line. It’s the only time we suggest queuing when you travel.
- Carry your own water bottle to help look after the planet. Single use water bottles are a no-go.
- Grab one of the ING credit cards or debit cards. They refund all international fees on purchases. It saves a bundle!
- Find cheap flights by using skyscanner, then book direct through the airline.
- Shop and eat where the local people do. Avoid the tourist supermarkets, and the touristy souvenir shops on the main streets.
- Walk everywhere when it is safe to save money, get exercise, but most importantly see more of the real place you are visiting.
- Step out of your comfort zone. Meet new people. Say hello. Smile. And Say YES to adventure. (But trust your gut!)
- Buy the best travel insurance for YOUR needs. Don’t pay for extras you don’t need. Check out our Travel Insurance Cost Comparison Guide here.
Have ideas for fabulous trip tips you’d love to share?
We’d love to add it to our collection of the best travel hints on the net.
Email it through to email@example.com
We love adding your ideas and sharing them with our community of family travellers too.
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars, unless otherwise stated.
This website contains references to products and services from our favourite brands. Some of these are affiliate links. If you make a purchase or booking after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO COST to you. For our Disclosure and Disclaimer statements, and an explanation of our Advertising policy please click here
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory. Bookmark this page to keep us safe and sound.