INSIDE: A sneak peek into Madame Tussauds New York
Grab the kids quick smart.
There’s a Marvel Super Hero 4D Experience at Madame Tussauds New York.
This modern 4D adventure puts you in the action. This experience combines 3D film vision with thrilling special events – wind, water, and scents – to bring the experience to life!
You’ll meet, fly and fight alongside the Hulk, The Hulkbuster, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury, Iron Man and use your spidey senses with Spider-man to save the day.
Don’t leave without posing with a life-size HULK!
- 1 Visiting Madame Tussauds New York with Kids
- 2 Nostalgia at Madame Tussauds in Times Square
- 3 Icons at Madame Tussauds New York
- 4 More Interactive Exhibitions at Madame Tussauds NYC
- 5 The Inside Scoop – New York Madame Tussauds
- 6 Map of Madame Tussauds NY
- 7 Toadstool Rating – Madame Tussauds Wax Museum NYC
- 8 Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Visiting Madame Tussauds New York with Kids
I wasn’t sure if a visit to Madame Tussauds New York was particularly necessary, but it turned out to be one of the most fun, interactive experiences we had in the city.
Yes, it is touristy. Very touristy. 85,000 square feet of touristy.
But, it’s laugh-a-minute fun!
Nostalgia at Madame Tussauds in Times Square
The nostalgia factor was high too. I loved introducing the kids to the incomparable Whitney Houston, Judy Garland as Dorothy, iconic Madonna and my favourite, the Spice Girls
A tear came to my eye when we spied E.T.
Icons at Madame Tussauds New York
The HOT spot to pose is snuggled in between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Find a helpful friend to snap your pic!
They could care less about the room full of American presidents and First Ladies, especially with Trump now in the Oval Office.
Kids are most interested in the sports stars (Jackie Chan, Muhammad Ali, random basketball players..) the pop stars (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson) and the movie stars. (Jen, Brad and Angelina all stand separately now!)
Take your camera and snap away.
More Interactive Exhibitions at Madame Tussauds NYC
- Mission: Undead 7D experience where YOU join a zombie adventure to play against your friends in a unique 7D multi-sensory interactive gaming experience with the thrill of a roller coaster.
The Inside Scoop – New York Madame Tussauds
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars.
Address: 234 W. 42nd Street New York, NY 10036
Website: Click here
- 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday.
- 10am to 10pm Saturday and Sunday.
Entry Fees: Tickets to Madame Tussauds with entry to Marvel 4D Super Heroes Adventure
- $34 adults and $34 children. There are no family discounts.
- Kids under 2 FREE!
- We visited on our New York Pass, saving BIG bucks on all our adventures.
- All tickets include access to Kong: Skull Island & the Ghostbusters Experience
- There are more combo tickets with entry to Madame Tussauds and other NYC attractions for families. Check the deals here.
How to get there: Click here for details on how to get to Madame Tussauds NYC by bus or subway.
Map of Madame Tussauds NY
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Lots of options around Times Square
Toilets: Yes including baby change table
Disability access: Yes, lifts available between floors.
Closest playground: Heckscher Park playground at the entrance to Central Park is a 20 minute walk. You can also catch the subway.
Madame Tussauds New York City was last reviewed in October 2018
Toadstool Rating – Madame Tussauds Wax Museum NYC
Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Directory.